Republican thanks Obama for saving his life

Touching really, how bad it was for some before Obamacare

‘Thank you for serving me when I didn’t vote for you’: A Republican writes the president after Obamacare saved his life

To My President,

I sincerely hope that this reaches you, as far too often praise is hard to come by. Apologies to people who deserve it perhaps even less so.

I did not vote for you. Either time. I have voted Republican for the entirety of my life.

I proudly wore pins and planted banners displaying my Republican loyalty. I was very vocal in my opposition to you–particularly the ACA.

Before I briefly explain my story allow me to first say this: I am so very sorry. I understand written content cannot convey emotions very well–but my level of conviction has me in tears as I write this. I was so very wrong. So very very wrong.

You saved my life. I want that to sink into your ears and mind. My President, you saved my life, and I am eternally grateful.

I have a ‘pre-existing condition’ and so could never purchase health insurance. Only after the ACA came into being could I be covered. Put simply to not take up too much of your time if you are in fact taking the time to read this: I would not be alive without access to care I received due to your law.

So thank you from a dumb young man who thought he knew it all and who said things about you that he now regrets. Thank you for serving me even when I didn’t vote for you.

Thank you for being my President.

Honored to have lived under your leadership and guidance,

Brent Nathan Brown
Nice made up story. dumbass

So if it turns out that the PPACA actually saved you $, would you still be as angry, or is your anger proportional to the amount you feel you're paying to help others get life-saving treatment?
How about if government got their greedy meat hooks off our pocketbooks and let the hospitals, doctors and us work it out. With tort reform we can make it more affordable for all. You still don't want to pay, that should be your right and no one should be obligated to care for you. If you had a backbone it wouldn't need to be explained.

Many states have tort reform laws. It has done nothing to lower health care costs.

Tort reform doesn’t actually save much money
How could it now? You see only what you want to.

His story isn't unique. People are alive today because the United States passed the Affordable Care Act.
If it's a choice it's great, if not it's shit… Why must everyone be forced into the horse shit...

Of course the liberals buy it, hook, line and sinker. If he waiting until his symptoms manifested themselves to go looking for insurance then there's the problem. Even so, he could probably get insurance, maybe not for the price he wanted though. Drugs are made more expensive due to litigation and the FDA regulation, trial time periods, etc. So cry over the letter if it tugs on your heart strings while ignoring all those who lost their insurance due to obamacare if it makes you feeeel good.

Nobody lost insurance due to Obamacare. They were forced to find better policies
According to who?? Some fucking loser control freak?

So if it turns out that the PPACA actually saved you $, would you still be as angry, or is your anger proportional to the amount you feel you're paying to help others get life-saving treatment?
How about if government got their greedy meat hooks off our pocketbooks and let the hospitals, doctors and us work it out. With tort reform we can make it more affordable for all. You still don't want to pay, that should be your right and no one should be obligated to care for you. If you had a backbone it wouldn't need to be explained.

If the doctors, hospitals and patients had been "working it out" reform wouldn't have been needed. It is precisely because no one was "working it out" that reform was needed.
Wrong. Government has been dicking around with health care for a very long time. No one was free to work things out.

Many states have tort reform laws. It has done nothing to lower health care costs.

They would if it was allowed nationwide, anyway it's too bad millions will be paying for something they will never use. Obama care is nothing but a Ponzi scheme...

How could it not now? Texas put the Tort Reform you think you want into place. It did nothing to lower costs. Republicans keep repeating the same "plan" (tort reform and selling across state lines which, by the way, is allowed under the ACA) that Americans have rejected. Why? Because it doesn't work to lower costs.

They would if it was allowed nationwide, anyway it's too bad millions will be paying for something they will never use. Obama care is nothing but a Ponzi scheme...

By all means, explain why. Insurance is local.

How could it not now? Texas put the Tort Reform you think you want into place. It did nothing to lower costs. Republicans keep repeating the same "plan" (tort reform and selling across state lines which, by the way, is allowed under the ACA) that Americans have rejected. Why? Because it doesn't work to lower costs.
You say a lot of shit. You aren't America.

You say a lot of shit. You aren't America.

Such a well thought out and fact filled post you came up with there. Take you a long time? I'm not America? When did I say I was? What does that even mean?

Here's some more actual facts that you also will have no cogent response to. (You're a Trump fan aren't you?)

Tort Reform Won't Provide Significant Healthcare Savings

Would Tort Reform Lower Costs? (Spoiler Alert: No)

‘Thank you for serving me when I didn’t vote for you’: A Republican writes the president after Obamacare saved his life

To My President,

I sincerely hope that this reaches you, as far too often praise is hard to come by. Apologies to people who deserve it perhaps even less so.

I did not vote for you. Either time. I have voted Republican for the entirety of my life.

I proudly wore pins and planted banners displaying my Republican loyalty. I was very vocal in my opposition to you–particularly the ACA.

Before I briefly explain my story allow me to first say this: I am so very sorry. I understand written content cannot convey emotions very well–but my level of conviction has me in tears as I write this. I was so very wrong. So very very wrong.

You saved my life. I want that to sink into your ears and mind. My President, you saved my life, and I am eternally grateful.

I have a ‘pre-existing condition’ and so could never purchase health insurance. Only after the ACA came into being could I be covered. Put simply to not take up too much of your time if you are in fact taking the time to read this: I would not be alive without access to care I received due to your law.

So thank you from a dumb young man who thought he knew it all and who said things about you that he now regrets. Thank you for serving me even when I didn’t vote for you.

Brent Nathan Brown

You idiot lefties will believe absolutely anything.

His story isn't unique. People are alive today because the United States passed the Affordable Care Act.

Thousands more are dead because of it.

Thousands of people have died as a result of the ACA? Oh, you'll definitely have to provide links to that.

That's easy. Thousands thrown out of their previous healthcare plan and can't afford obamacare.

And yet your un fact filled post is also unsupported by actual data. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

By all means, explain why. Insurance is local.
Frivolous laws make everything expensive...

To My President,

Brent Nathan Brown
He and his "surprise" multi thousand dollar medical claims are one of the reasons the exchanges are going under.

Yes... Thank you Obama for your short sighted Hackery.
So you are saying "let him die".

Got it!

Forum List

Back