Republicans are mostly to blame for our debt

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.
History and politics not strong with you is it cum breath?
And yet you can’t deny any of the facts.
Deny what you don't know the facts.

Reagan had to compromise with tippy

Newt is the one who balanced the budget for a few
Fact is that repubs fuel increased spending with tax cuts.

so democrats take no responsibility for their increased spending they just blame republicans for cutting taxes.

got it.

Doesn't it seem to be the rationale that if everyone is to blame then no one is at fault?
Tax payers don’t care about spending because it goes on the credit card and they get tax cuts.

now you're finally getting it

No one cares about the debt.

And it ain't gonna matter before I'm dead so i don't care either
I get it, it’s the point of the OP . Nobody will care till we increase taxes, cuts are making people care less and less.

presidents have increased taxes and still no one cared.

Reagan passed the single largest peacetime tax hike in history and no one cared that he grew the debt

Clinton raised taxes and no one cared that he raised the debt

Bush #1 raised taxes and no one cared that he increased the debt

how can you keep saying that people will care when taxes are raised when they have shown just the opposite?
Deficits decreased under Clinton. Increasing taxes is the only way. You are talking small increases. If taxes increased as much as spending then people would take notice.

no they wouldn't.

because it will never happen.

No politician will ever get elected if he says he's going to increase taxes to cover all spending.

what fantasy land do you call home?
That is the problem. And repubs are worse cause they cut taxes and increase spending.

Biden said he was increasing some taxes and was elected. It’s a start.

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts and increased spending
Extending the cuts means the rate was not changed. Had they expired rates would have increased.
but you said he should have raised taxes to cover all the spending he initiated he didn't and he still doubled the debt
I’m not saying either party is good, just that repubs are worse. Trump quickly increased Obama deficits.

and Obama doubled the debt. Democrat senators and congress men voted for republican tax cuts too you know

you are saying that it's somehow worse to die from getting strangled than getting shot when you wind up dead either way.

what you want will never happen and no democrat will do it just as no republican will.

so when you buy your ticket back to reality let me know
And trump increased Obama deficits. Bad and worse.

you need to do some homework
Republicans always start the cuts.

always?

JFK started cutting the top rate of the income tax
We didn’t have a debt problem then.
That's because we had automatic tax increases then.
And now repubs cut taxes when deeply in debt.

You keep saying that -

You won't answerer my question.
That’s because it is true

You won't understand this, because you are brainless -

A reduction in tax rates - Increases revenue to the Treasury.

Does not lower - has never lowered, has always increased.

Reagan, Bush43, Trump - cut rates, increased revenue.

(that doesn't work to infinity, but it has worked every time so far.)
The trump tax cuts lowered the rate of increase of revenue. Meanwhile Trump drastically increased deficits and nobody cares cause they got a tax cut.
Trump increased the debt by 33% in four years with a pandemic lockdown (prior to lockdown 16%). Even with the lockdown, extrapolated out to eight years, his increase was less than Barry's by 4%. This line of thinking is not logical by any means as too many factors weigh into it anyway--were there any earth-shaking global events, was the presidents party the party of congress? Morons like the OP throw out a bunch of crap looking to make click bait so these narcissists can watch their numbers grow. SMFH--shallow idiots at best.
You are confused. Trump took over and increased Obama’s deficit every single year and gave a tax cut. Nobody cares about debt cause they get a tax cut.
Shallow. You have no concept of economy. Business tax cuts are good for unemployment because it puts more money in the business so that business can hire more employees. More employees equals more taxes. No need to thank me for saving you the cost of the education. BTW, for years you morons have been saying that Trump's middle class tax cuts were fiction. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.
Trump just tried business tax cuts and they failed again. GDP growth went DOWN and he ran a trillion dollar deficit. Giant failure. Do you morons ever learn?

Now that we are closing out another failed republican president it seems like a good time to bring up debt since repubs will no doubt put there fiscally responsible hats back on for us to laugh at. It's clear big debt started with Reagan, the guy tripled the debt. We almost had it under control under Clinton, then Bush messed that up completely. Then Obama inherited the Bush mess and spent a lot, but deficits generally came down after the mess was fixed. Now Trump inherited a strong economy and still increased debt every single year. Last year pre pandemic he managed a trillion dollar deficit during a strong economy, this year he will set a new record by a lot.

Over and over and over republicans support the same policy of cut taxes, increase military spending, and drastically increase debt. And that is what has happened every time they have done it. Reagan did it, Bush did it, and now Trump did it. And repubs stupidly believe the square peg is going to fit the round hole this time.... or are they all that stupid? Many certainly are, but others clearly love the freebies. Heck better than a freebie, trumpers got their military spending and a tax cut! Government is great!

So for the last 40 years we have gotten more and more government and thanks to repubs it costs tax payers less and less. That is a formula for increasing government if I have ever seen one. So laugh whenever a repub claims to be for fiscal responsibility, their policy has clearly lead the way for more and more debt.

so democrats take no responsibility for their increased spending they just blame republicans for cutting taxes.

got it.

Doesn't it seem to be the rationale that if everyone is to blame then no one is at fault?
Tax payers don’t care about spending because it goes on the credit card and they get tax cuts.

I get it, it’s the point of the OP . Nobody will care till we increase taxes, cuts are making people care less and less.

Reagan passed the single largest peacetime tax hike in history and no one cared that he grew the debt

how can you keep saying that people will care when taxes are raised when they have shown just the opposite?
Deficits decreased under Clinton. Increasing taxes is the only way. You are talking small increases. If taxes increased as much as spending then people would take notice.

no they wouldn't.

No politician will ever get elected if he says he's going to increase taxes to cover all spending.

That is the problem. And repubs are worse cause they cut taxes and increase spending.

Extending the cuts means the rate was not changed. Had they expired rates would have increased.
but you said he should have raised taxes to cover all the spending he initiated he didn't and he still doubled the debt
I’m not saying either party is good, just that repubs are worse. Trump quickly increased Obama deficits.

and Obama doubled the debt. Democrat senators and congress men voted for republican tax cuts too you know

you are saying that it's somehow worse to die from getting strangled than getting shot when you wind up dead either way.

what you want will never happen and no democrat will do it just as no republican will.

always?

You keep saying that -

The trump tax cuts lowered the rate of increase of revenue. Meanwhile Trump drastically increased deficits and nobody cares cause they got a tax cut.
Trump increased the debt by 33% in four years with a pandemic lockdown (prior to lockdown 16%). Even with the lockdown, extrapolated out to eight years, his increase was less than Barry's by 4%. This line of thinking is not logical by any means as too many factors weigh into it anyway--were there any earth-shaking global events, was the presidents party the party of congress? Morons like the OP throw out a bunch of crap looking to make click bait so these narcissists can watch their numbers grow. SMFH--shallow idiots at best.
You are confused. Trump took over and increased Obama’s deficit every single year and gave a tax cut. Nobody cares about debt cause they get a tax cut.
I gave you the proof. You haven't got the sense to admit it when your premise is proven false.
You don’t even understand this thread. You gave nothing. Trump inherited a strong economy and increased deficits every year.
That's how my 6 year old granddaughter answers when she doesn't make sense--"You don't even understand!" I understand perfectly, you made an idiotic statement in order to attract attention to your narcissistic ass, and when challenged with logic you fail.
Well you both have not understanding in common it seems.

Since everything out of your mouth has been fairy tale democrat BS, I felt it was incumbent on me to set the record straight with some actual numbers. Your heeeero Barry, increased the debt by nearly 70% from 11T to 20T. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. US Debt by President | Chart & Per President Deficit | Self.
I’ve said he wasn’t great. Clearly you are lost.
Wow, you back pedal quickly.
You lie a lot.
I think the viewers of your BS can make a better determination of that than you. Normal democrat tactic, when confronted with facts, resort to name calling and dispargement. But what the hey, it worked for Biden, why can't it work for you, eh?
You started with false claims.
Au Contraire, mon ami. You made the false claim in the title of your post.
Nope.

Like decency and morality, you Lefties are no authority on spending.
Remember when you championed everything the malnourished Kenyan with the unAmerican name did when he doubled the debt?
Link us to your bitching about that so we know we can take you serious before we engage in this TDS rooted thread. Thanks in advance.

MTOoniQT_p-HqEUKELyT4JTewLQ5mQ4byeRonRPnZ5w.png
I have complained about deficits as long as I've been on this board. Take a look at my history. Now you probably pretended to be a tea party person then trump drastically increased deficits...

Since everything out of your mouth has been fairy tale democrat BS, I felt it was incumbent on me to set the record straight with some actual numbers. Your heeeero Barry, increased the debt by nearly 70% from 11T to 20T. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. US Debt by President | Chart & Per President Deficit | Self.
I'll direct you to the title of your post. You made the partisan statement, not me.
Nowhere does it say Obama was great. It’s clearly a case of bad and worse. Repubs are worse.
Yep, and you pointed fingers at Reagan for tripling the debt. HaHaHa. From 997B to 2T, that is just slightly more than your heeero Bill Clinton, surplus and all. Critical thinking and math, try it sometime.
An Clinton decreased deficits. You can't really compare 80s dollars to 90s.... But you aren't that smart are you?
The debt increased by 1.4T during the Clinton admin. I'm not that smart, but you, like most morons, figure if you are losing ground with your argument, you'll just move the goal posts or change the narrative. I can do that too. You whiners have complained about defunding the police, but your heeeeero, BJ Billy, increased police spending more than any other modern day pres. Also, he increased immigration for tech industries by a huge amount. You know those dems. Kick backs for their buddies and screw everybody else. Didn't last long though--Clinton presided over the tech bubble bust. Keep chasing those goal posts moron. You're out of your league.

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

Shallow. You have no concept of economy. Business tax cuts are good for unemployment because it puts more money in the business so that business can hire more employees. More employees equals more taxes. No need to thank me for saving you the cost of the education. BTW, for years you morons have been saying that Trump's middle class tax cuts were fiction. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.
Trump just tried business tax cuts and they failed again. GDP growth went DOWN and he ran a trillion dollar deficit. Giant failure. Do you morons ever learn?
And do you have a crystal ball saying the opposite? We needed the jobs

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

^^^^Brainfart never heard of the Kung Flu^^

Fucking moron.

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

Barack Obama--9T increase in debt. Average deficit over 8 years, 1.125T per year. Try again. This time use some facts and figures not just your whiny garbage. But you say Trump inherited an economy--yeah a failing one. SMFH.

'The GOP is mostly to blame for our debt'

...says an irrational, hate-driven snowflake who parroted the biggest false criminal accusations and cheered on the largest political scandal and failed coup attempt in US history...

...who still believes in proven non-existent Russian Collusion but denies proven CCP Espionage facilitation and Joe Manchurian Candidate Biden...

...who only believes Congress - the House - controls the spending, the budget, the economy, & the debt ... Unless the GOP controlled the House...

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

I gave you the proof. You haven't got the sense to admit it when your premise is proven false.
You don’t even understand this thread. You gave nothing. Trump inherited a strong economy and increased deficits every year.
That's how my 6 year old granddaughter answers when she doesn't make sense--"You don't even understand!" I understand perfectly, you made an idiotic statement in order to attract attention to your narcissistic ass, and when challenged with logic you fail.
Well you both have not understanding in common it seems.
I found a better icon for you. HaHaHa. Reminds me of a line from the Brady Bunch---MARSHA, MARSHA, MARSHA--YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. We understand Brainfart.

Attachments

• LaLaLa.jpg
    LaLaLa.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 14

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

Fucking moron.
Yeah his name says it all. I think the 357 indicates the caliber that he used to pierce his brain.

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

Barack Obama--9T increase in debt. Average deficit over 8 years, 1.125T per year. Try again. This time use some facts and figures not just your whiny garbage. But you say Trump inherited an economy--yeah a failing one. SMFH.

Brain's comments here prove my earlier post, that he lies his ads off and refuses to accept REALITY.

In Bush's 1st 6 years - during 9/11, the economic aftermath, and 2 wars - Bush and the GOP-controlled House added $2.5 Trillion in New debt. In the last 2 year's of Bush's Presidency, The DEMOCRAT-RUN House added $1.5 Trillion in New debt...the Democrats added just $1 Trillion less in only 2 years than Bush and the GOP spent in 6 years.

What arrogant, lying snowflakes like Brain always refuse to accept / mention is that the economy Barry inherited was THE DEMOCRATS' economy, as, again, they controlled the House, spending, the economy, the budget for Bush's last 2 years, the 2 years before Barry took over.

They controlled all of that for Barry's 1st 2 years, racking up debt like mad. Controlling Congress, Barry & the Democrats passed massive spending that included every wet dream pet project they had ... Like 'Shrimp on a Treadmill'...and funded disastrous programs like 'Clash for Clunkers'...

But YES, Barry inherited his own fellow Democrats' deficit-building economy...

For 8 years Barry blamed every failure on Bush...and for 4 years Barry & Democrats have tried to claim credit for Trump's successes...which include accomplishments both Barry & the World said would never happen / see in our lifetime.

I'll direct you to the title of your post. You made the partisan statement, not me.
Nowhere does it say Obama was great. It’s clearly a case of bad and worse. Repubs are worse.
Yep, and you pointed fingers at Reagan for tripling the debt. HaHaHa. From 997B to 2T, that is just slightly more than your heeero Bill Clinton, surplus and all. Critical thinking and math, try it sometime.
An Clinton decreased deficits. You can't really compare 80s dollars to 90s.... But you aren't that smart are you?
The debt increased by 1.4T during the Clinton admin. I'm not that smart, but you, like most morons, figure if you are losing ground with your argument, you'll just move the goal posts or change the narrative. I can do that too. You whiners have complained about defunding the police, but your heeeeero, BJ Billy, increased police spending more than any other modern day pres. Also, he increased immigration for tech industries by a huge amount. You know those dems. Kick backs for their buddies and screw everybody else. Didn't last long though--Clinton presided over the tech bubble bust. Keep chasing those goal posts moron. You're out of your league.
No you are not that smart. Deficits decreased. You can't look at dollars because it's over a long time period. I'm not a democrat.

!
You are going back to times when debt wasn’t out of control. You can do cuts then.

debt is debt.
and we didn't get to where we are today in the last 4 years
As stated in the OP it started with Reagan.

it started a hell of a long time before that.

or do you think nothing existed before 1980?
Reagan tripled the debt. It was quite low previously.
It is only because he gop that you admit that,S we both know,if he was a de, you would never be bringing that up,you would evade that fact same as you evade facts on Obama corruption.

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

Fucking moron.
GDP went down LAST YEAR and we had a trillion dollar deficit LAST YEAR. You trumpers really know nothing.

'The GOP is mostly to blame for our debt'

...says an irrational, hate-driven snowflake who parroted the biggest false criminal accusations and cheered on the largest political scandal and failed coup attempt in US history...

...who still believes in proven non-existent Russian Collusion but denies proven CCP Espionage facilitation and Joe Manchurian Candidate Biden...

...who only believes Congress - the House - controls the spending, the budget, the economy, & the debt ... Unless the GOP controlled the House...

OH here is a trumper who loves debt. You have no place in a discussion on debt.

got it.

no they wouldn't.

always?

You keep saying that -

Brain's comments here prove my earlier post, that he lies his ads off and refuses to accept REALITY.

In Bush's 1st 6 years - during 9/11, the economic aftermath, and 2 wars - Bush and the GOP-controlled House added $2.5 Trillion in New debt. In the last 2 year's of Bush's Presidency, The DEMOCRAT-RUN House added $1.5 Trillion in New debt...the Democrats added just $1 Trillion less in only 2 years than Bush and the GOP spent in 6 years.

What arrogant, lying snowflakes like Brain always refuse to accept / mention is that the economy Barry inherited was THE DEMOCRATS' economy, as, again, they controlled the House, spending, the economy, the budget for Bush's last 2 years, the 2 years before Barry took over.

They controlled all of that for Barry's 1st 2 years, racking up debt like mad. Controlling Congress, Barry & the Democrats passed massive spending that included every wet dream pet project they had ... Like 'Shrimp on a Treadmill'...and funded disastrous programs like 'Clash for Clunkers'...

But YES, Barry inherited his own fellow Democrats' deficit-building economy...

For 8 years Barry blamed every failure on Bush...and for 4 years Barry & Democrats have tried to claim credit for Trump's successes...which include accomplishments both Barry & the World said would never happen / see in our lifetime.
And bush decreased taxes. Nobody cares about debt when they get a tax cut.

Obama made bush Jr tax cuts permanent, good golly your just a propaganda tool
Amen to that brutha :thup:

!
You are going back to times when debt wasn’t out of control. You can do cuts then.

debt is debt.
and we didn't get to where we are today in the last 4 years
As stated in the OP it started with Reagan.

it started a hell of a long time before that.

or do you think nothing existed before 1980?
Reagan tripled the debt. It was quite low previously.
It is only because he gop that you admit that,S we both know,if he was a de, you would never be bringing that up,you would evade that fact same as you evade facts on Obama corruption.
I bring it up because it's a fact. And it started our giant deficits and republican policy of increasing spending and cutting taxes.

Obama made bush Jr tax cuts permanent, good golly your just a propaganda tool
Amen to that brutha :thup:
That means he left taxes the same. How dumb are you guys?

Forum List

Back