Republicans Black Americas True Friend

I am still not clear why blacks should vote for any Republican.

I wonder why, being the informed free-thinking populace you claim them to be, they are not voting 90% independent.

There is too much group think in the black community when it comes to politics and the issues. The leadership is to blame, they do not support individualism. Too many just listen to the leader and don't employ critical thinking. No second guessing. Its sad to see.
Who's this "leader" of "the Blacks" that you are referring to? I think that you are making an inaccurate generalization about "the Blacks". The Blacks I am related to, DO employ critical thinking, and the DO vote democrat for a myriad of reasons. These people include lawyers, judge, business owners, city workers, insurance executives, oil company worker, MTV employee, and teachers. I NEVER heard them say;"I be voting democrat because da leader said i shoo." that may be true for SOME people, but i don't think it is as widespread as you are implying.

There is a difference between being misinformed and stupid. Black folks who vote democratic like its their obligation aren't stupid, just misinformed and unexposed to the other side's true message and philosophy. That's all it is.

There are black folks who sincerely are liberals, but when you look at that 90%... And know that there is more diversity of opinion in the community, you can tell there is something wrong about it. At least I can. If 90% of whites voted republican, I'm sure honest people would look at that and ask themselves why that is, and itd be safe to assume its due to a lack of exposure to the other sides views. Or atleast positive information on their views.

Why wont honest people look at the effects of the Southern Strategy employed by republicans when having this discussion. Since no repub wants to talk about the effects of the racist Southern Strategy most just fill in the blanks with "Oh it's cause blacks dont know better"

Because calling them stupid isi wrong, but calling them accidentally ignorant is a better way to put it. :doubt:

Oh good lord.

Thats the response from every con everytime the Southern Strategy is brought up. It's like some untouchable part of history for cons.

I wonder why, being the informed free-thinking populace you claim them to be, they are not voting 90% independent.

There is too much group think in the black community when it comes to politics and the issues. The leadership is to blame, they do not support individualism. Too many just listen to the leader and don't employ critical thinking. No second guessing. Its sad to see.
Who's this "leader" of "the Blacks" that you are referring to? I think that you are making an inaccurate generalization about "the Blacks". The Blacks I am related to, DO employ critical thinking, and the DO vote democrat for a myriad of reasons. These people include lawyers, judge, business owners, city workers, insurance executives, oil company worker, MTV employee, and teachers. I NEVER heard them say;"I be voting democrat because da leader said i shoo." that may be true for SOME people, but i don't think it is as widespread as you are implying.
It's not any particular "one"leader. I hear what you're saying though. I guess I'm speaking on a certain demographic and I am just not able to communicate it well enough for some folks here. That's on me, I don't claim to be the most articulate guy.

Why wont honest people look at the effects of the Southern Strategy employed by republicans when having this discussion. Since no repub wants to talk about the effects of the racist Southern Strategy most just fill in the blanks with "Oh it's cause blacks dont know better"

Because calling them stupid isi wrong, but calling them accidentally ignorant is a better way to put it. :doubt:

Oh good lord.

Thats the response from every con everytime the Southern Strategy is brought up. It's like some untouchable part of history for cons.

If you're going to go back in history and condemn a party forever for wrong doings, why do you not condemn the democratic party?

Right, they use the "blacks are so stupid they vote dem" line then expect that will win over the blacks. Either they dont understand that calling someone a slave isnt a term of endearment or their goal isnt really to win blacks but to belittle them to their base.

There is a difference between being misinformed and stupid. Black folks who vote democratic like its their obligation aren't stupid, just misinformed and unexposed to the other side's true message and philosophy. That's all it is.

There are black folks who sincerely are liberals, but when you look at that 90%... And know that there is more diversity of opinion in the community, you can tell there is something wrong about it. At least I can. If 90% of whites voted republican, I'm sure honest people would look at that and ask themselves why that is, and itd be safe to assume its due to a lack of exposure to the other sides views. Or atleast positive information on their views.

Excellent points, I think that this sums it up pretty well:

"Atwater talked about the GOP's Southern Strategy and Ronald Reagan's version of it:

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [the new Southern Strategy of Ronald Reagan] doesn't have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."

By the way, CC... I'm more libertarian than conservative and I am not a party man. I'm stuck with the choices I have. Like most voters, it's voting for the lesser of two evils.

I believe the democratic party hurts our community more than republicans, Infact the republicans usually have hardly any influence on our communities since we live in urban areas for the most part, which are 99% of the time ran by liberal democrats.

birth control was the issue darling....You talked for catholics Caligirl.....You know you did. You cant lie your way out of this.

No, I didn't. I talked about the stance of the Church, not Catholics. Fucking moron.

Well you are lying....you constantly said "we catholics" in those threads. You 5alked for the group.stating how your group thinks and acts.

Call me whatever you like dear, you are still lying.

And don't worry even if I felt like going back,and quoting you. I know for a fact you would lie and say:"you don't get it, this isn't what you think.what I meant was this and you are a twit/idiot for not getting it...blah blah blah.

I know your game....

And yet, you didn't produce one post of mine where I used the term 'we Catholics'. Why is that?

I talked a lot about the Catholic Church - and it's stance - I talk about majority of Catholic voters occasionally.... usually by saying that the majority of Catholic voters hold no party allegiance. That is evidenced by the massive swing vote that is the 'Catholic vote'.

I'll wait for one 'we Catholics'.... as evidence.

It's not any particular "one"leader. I hear what you're saying though. I guess I'm speaking on a certain demographic and I am just not able to communicate it well enough for some folks here. That's on me, I don't claim to be the most articulate guy.

You are certainly as articulate as most of us, and considerably more than many.

A black person should vote conservativeibertarian because their philosophy isn't one of defeatism and dependency. There is one reason I as a black vote conservative and libertarian.

I respect the Libertarian part, those are my tendencies as well. I refuse to align myself with the bigoted neocon republicans who call themselves "conservatives". For instance if it was Ron paul vs. President Obama, my vote would be for Paul. As it is right now, I will most likely vote for Gary Johnson. I'm disappointed with the current Administration, some of the bills and acts concerning Civil liberties as well as their foreign policy closley mimick the republicans. NO THANK YOU!

And that's cool. You've informed yourself and came to your own conclusions. That's all I really want to see more of in regards to the black community.

I respect your POV as well and I may have messed up and sounded more hostile than I should have with you. I apologize for that. I DO agree that we need to be more respectful of folks who happen to think outside of the box so to speak. We can set an example right here and now of having a discussion/debate in an amicable and respectful manner, as I am sure that we have good intentions behind our thoughts and beliefs.

I respect the Libertarian part, those are my tendencies as well. I refuse to align myself with the bigoted neocon republicans who call themselves "conservatives". For instance if it was Ron paul vs. President Obama, my vote would be for Paul. As it is right now, I will most likely vote for Gary Johnson. I'm disappointed with the current Administration, some of the bills and acts concerning Civil liberties as well as their foreign policy closley mimick the republicans. NO THANK YOU!

And that's cool. You've informed yourself and came to your own conclusions. That's all I really want to see more of in regards to the black community.

I respect your POV as well and I may have messed up and sounded more hostile than I should have with you. I apologize for that. I DO agree that we need to be more respectful of folks who happen to think outside of the box so to speak. We can set an example right here and now of having a discussion/debate in an amicable and respectful manner, as I am sure that we have good intentions behind our thoughts and beliefs.

As an observer to the conversation between you two.... kudos to you for apologizing. :clap2:

Oh good lord.

I don't know if you listen to "conservative" talk radio (limbaugh/hannity) or go to his forum, but that theme is DEFINITELY prevalent amongst them. There was a three thousand post thread about "the blacks are brainwashed and want handouts that's why they are on the democrat and liberal plantation". That's the disgusting attitude i have run into amongst not a few white republican conservatives.

LOL, same here!

Indeed bro. CC and I have been carrying on civilly for the most part. I respect his views as well. I just don't get why we can't get passed the this party did this that party did that stuff and discuss the philosophical aspects of folks voting habits.

No, I didn't. I talked about the stance of the Church, not Catholics. Fucking moron.

Well you are lying....you constantly said "we catholics" in those threads. You 5alked for the group.stating how your group thinks and acts.

Call me whatever you like dear, you are still lying.

And don't worry even if I felt like going back,and quoting you. I know for a fact you would lie and say:"you don't get it, this isn't what you think.what I meant was this and you are a twit/idiot for not getting it...blah blah blah.

I know your game....

And yet, you didn't produce one post of mine where I used the term 'we Catholics'. Why is that?

I talked a lot about the Catholic Church - and it's stance - I talk about majority of Catholic voters occasionally.... usually by saying that the majority of Catholic voters hold no party allegiance. That is evidenced by the massive swing vote that is the 'Catholic vote'.

I'll wait for one 'we Catholics'.... as evidence.

The Church is against birth control. It - we - believe that it is God's decision. That is our right to believe - we don't ask you to believe it. If the Government force the Catholic Church on this one.... Obama can kiss bye bye to significant votes.... There's 69 million Catholics in the US.

I'm one of those 69 million Catholics. I don't believe that's "God's decision". I'm not against birth control.

Why are you speaking on my behalf?

Oh good lord.

I don't know if you listen to "conservative" talk radio (limbaugh/hannity) or go to his forum, but that theme is DEFINITELY prevalent amongst them. There was a three thousand post thread about "the blacks are brainwashed and want handouts that's why they are on the democrat and liberal plantation". That's the disgusting attitude i have run into amongst not a few white republican conservatives.

Do not black conservatives say the same thing? I mean, maybe they use different words, but isn't it the same message? That the majority of blacks have been manipulated into their Democrat positions by the liberal use of 'victimhood' and 'free stuff'?

Forum List

Back