Republicans call Democrats "weak". Is a WALL a sign of weakness or a sign of strength?

At the united Nations, President Obama said that building a wall is building a prison.

Some other examples of "walls".

The Iron Curtain, designed to keep captive people in, not to protect those people from outsiders.

The Great Wall of China. It's estimated that millions worked on it for over 2,000 years. It extended over 6,000 miles, consumed the wealth of a nation and was a failure. Not only did it not stop invaders, it left the Chinese with no place to go. What if that money had been spent instead on military training, education, and diplomacy?

North Korea, Iran, and other countries with dictatorships or a religious theocracy may not have actual walls, but walls built with soldiers and guns. Not to keep threats out, but to keep it's own people hostage.

Our police aren't there to keep Americans hostage, they are there to protect us from the criminal element. To help us do what we can't as individual Americans. And they are as diverse in most communities, as the people they protect.

So walls fail. They always fail. But what hasn't failed? America hasn't failed unless we waste our time and money on building a prison.

Things Republicans don't want you to know:

More Mexicans leave every year that come into to the country.

Only 1 of every 9 jobs were moved overseas. The other jobs were lost to automation. Those jobs are still here, only done by robots. That's why our productivity has skyrocketed even though jobs disapeared. But they didn't all disappear, and many new jobs have been created. There are 5.8 million jobs unfilled because people don't have the skills to do those jobs.

So what would you spend our money on? Building a wall, or retraining Americans to qualify for those high paying skilled jobs? Which makes the most sense to you?

Comparing immigrants to snakes, rapists, a Trojan Horse and poisoned candy is actually a smear to an entire nation of immigrants. To me, that's obvious. We are people. Human beings.

What would our ancestors think? People brave enough to come here and start over? How would they see the wall? As a sign of strength or a sign of weakness? What do you think?

We need to be strong enough to deal with problems. As a veteran, to me, hiding and walls are a sign of weakness, not strength. Running and hiding is what cowards do. Are you a coward?

The first argument of Republicans is: You talk brave enough. Do you want to be blown up by a bomber?

If that's the argument you want to use, the reality is most of those bombs have gone off in Boston, New York and California. Bastions of liberalism.

The terrorists in the south tend to be home grown. Timothy McVeigh, the white guy who ran into a black church and shot it up killing many. Another white guy running into a church and shooting a doctor. I wonder how many are not reported because the media is consumed with Muslims?

Building a wall won't stop those people. Using that money for funding and training police departments and other investigative agencies has a much better chance. To me, that's obvious. There is a delicate balance between safety and civil liberties. But we can do it, but not if we discriminate and build walls.

No matter what you say or how much sense you make, you will have ignorant reactionaries cry "Oh, you want want to flood our country with Muslims" or "You hate our country" or some other such nonsense. That is just one more obstacle we will need to overcome to fulfill the dream of our of founding fathers. The threat isn't just from people coming into the country, but also the ignorance of the chicken littles who are already living here.

The "wall" or Trump's vision of the Wall is a sign of weakness, cowardly ineptness.

And totally contrary to the founding values of our country.
So we are just going to ignore all the walls around the forts and cities the colonials built to protect themselves from foreign attackers and native raids? Didn't Boston have a wall around it at the time?

Btw the founders were all for mutual defense. They were also for liberty and limited and self government. All principles the left ignores

At the united Nations, President Obama said that building a wall is building a prison.

The Iron Curtain, designed to keep captive people in, not to protect those people from outsiders.

The Great Wall of China. It's estimated that millions worked on it for over 2,000 years. It extended over 6,000 miles, consumed the wealth of a nation and was a failure. Not only did it not stop invaders, it left the Chinese with no place to go. What if that money had been spent instead on military training, education, and diplomacy?

North Korea, Iran, and other countries with dictatorships or a religious theocracy may not have actual walls, but walls built with soldiers and guns. Not to keep threats out, but to keep it's own people hostage.

Our police aren't there to keep Americans hostage, they are there to protect us from the criminal element. To help us do what we can't as individual Americans. And they are as diverse in most communities, as the people they protect.

So walls fail. They always fail. But what hasn't failed? America hasn't failed unless we waste our time and money on building a prison.

Only 1 of every 9 jobs were moved overseas. The other jobs were lost to automation. Those jobs are still here, only done by robots. That's why our productivity has skyrocketed even though jobs disapeared. But they didn't all disappear, and many new jobs have been created. There are 5.8 million jobs unfilled because people don't have the skills to do those jobs.

So what would you spend our money on? Building a wall, or retraining Americans to qualify for those high paying skilled jobs? Which makes the most sense to you?

Comparing immigrants to snakes, rapists, a Trojan Horse and poisoned candy is actually a smear to an entire nation of immigrants. To me, that's obvious. We are people. Human beings.

What would our ancestors think? People brave enough to come here and start over? How would they see the wall? As a sign of strength or a sign of weakness? What do you think?

We need to be strong enough to deal with problems. As a veteran, to me, hiding and walls are a sign of weakness, not strength. Running and hiding is what cowards do. Are you a coward?

The first argument of Republicans is: You talk brave enough. Do you want to be blown up by a bomber?

If that's the argument you want to use, the reality is most of those bombs have gone off in Boston, New York and California. Bastions of liberalism.

The terrorists in the south tend to be home grown. Timothy McVeigh, the white guy who ran into a black church and shot it up killing many. Another white guy running into a church and shooting a doctor. I wonder how many are not reported because the media is consumed with Muslims?

Building a wall won't stop those people. Using that money for funding and training police departments and other investigative agencies has a much better chance. To me, that's obvious. There is a delicate balance between safety and civil liberties. But we can do it, but not if we discriminate and build walls.

No matter what you say or how much sense you make, you will have ignorant reactionaries cry "Oh, you want want to flood our country with Muslims" or "You hate our country" or some other such nonsense. That is just one more obstacle we will need to overcome to fulfill the dream of our of founding fathers. The threat isn't just from people coming into the country, but also the ignorance of the chicken littles who are already living here.

You do know the iron curtain was a metaphor and not a real giant metal curtain don't you?
Unless you were in Berlin. You know that, right?

The Berlin wall and the Iron curtain were 2 completely different things

The Iron curtain was a metaphor used in a speech by Winston Churchill in 1946 it was not some edifice"designed" by anyone to do anything since it was merely a figure of speech

The Berlin wall OTOH was not built until 1961
I see what you are trying to do here. You want to argue of a metaphor trying to deflect.

DNV_opona.jpg

Remains of the "iron curtain" in Devínska Nová Ves, Bratislava (Slovakia)

1280px-%C4%8C%C3%AD%C5%BEov_%28Zaisa%29_-_preserved_part_of_Iron_curtain.JPG

Preserved part of "iron curtain" in the Czech Republic.

See these? They don't exist.

The "wall" or Trump's vision of the Wall is a sign of weakness, cowardly ineptness.

And totally contrary to the founding values of our country.
So we are just going to ignore all the walls around the forts and cities the colonials built to protect themselves from foreign attackers and native raids? Didn't Boston have a wall around it at the time?

Btw the founders were all for mutual defense. They were also for liberty and limited and self government. All principles the left ignores
So what year are you talking about? Were we a country then?

Do you have walls in your house.....you GD fool?

Conservatives commonly have a siege mentality, they do not even care that on a long enough timeline all sieges fail. No wall can withstand a prolonged effort to breech it.

Conservatives commonly have a siege mentality, they do not even care that on a long enough timeline all sieges fail. No wall can withstand a prolonged effort to breech it.

All sieges fail? Really? Back that up please.

Btw is there any reason to expect the Mexican government to begin a siege? Or that we as a nation wouldn't be able to withstand it?

All sieges fail? Really? Back that up please.

Btw is there any reason to expect the Mexican government to begin a siege? Or that we as a nation wouldn't be able to withstand it?
You got it backwards. We could build the bestest wall ever and before the year was out there would be a hundred different ways around, under and over it. You people feel besieged by hostile invaders, it would hardly be the first time people with no imagination thought a wall is the answer to their fears while ignoring the history of physical border barriers.

The liberal response is to aid the attackers. The prolonged attack by liberals against our national sovereignty has resulted in tremendous damage.

Republicans call Democrats "weak". Is a WALL a sign of weakness or a sign of strength?

This fetishizing over Trump's Wall is getting creepy.

Trump keeps adding adjectives. A few days ago, it became an “impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful, Southern border wall.”

Are you feeling...erect yet, rubes?

Mmmmm. I want to lick the tasty wall. Flick my tongue around and around, back and forth over its beautiful bricks. I want to stroke and caress its tall, stiff, Southern power with my hands, and feel it get bigger and bigger every time some Mexican insults us. I then I want to take it and dry hump America's impenetrableness. Oooooh yeah, baby!

rdean are you ever going to realize a wall isn't to keep out immigrants from around the world who want to come here LEGALLY. The wall is to stop the influx of illegals and drugs pouring in through the Mexico border. Why is this concept so hard to understand?

You and the Dems act like the wall is to permanently seal off the US/Mexico border which isn't the case. Prisons? WTF? No were in Trumps proposal is he talking about sealing off the border and making it impenetrable to people wishing to come here legally. That's just absurd.

This fetishizing over Trump's Wall is getting creepy.

Trump keeps adding adjectives. A few days ago, it became an “impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful, Southern border wall.”

Are you feeling...erect yet, rubes?

Mmmmm. I want to lick the tasty wall. Flick my tongue around and around, back and forth over its beautiful bricks. I want to stroke and caress its tall, stiff, Southern power with my hands, and feel it get bigger and bigger every time some Mexican insults us. I then I want to take it and dry hump America's impenetrableness. Oooooh yeah, baby!
What a weird creepy little dude.

The liberal response is to aid the attackers. The prolonged attack by liberals against our national sovereignty has resulted in tremendous damage.
What does that bullshit even mean? Spending a shitload of cash on something that is not going to successfully serve it's intended purpose is dumb.

rdean are you ever going to realize a wall isn't to keep out immigrants from around the world who want to come here LEGALLY. The wall is to stop the influx of illegals and drugs pouring in through the Mexico border. Why is this concept so hard to understand?

You and the Dems act like the wall is to permanently seal off the US/Mexico border which isn't the case. Prisons? WTF? No were in Trumps proposal is he talking about sealing off the border and making it impenetrable to people wishing to come here legally. That's just absurd.
A wall is not going to stop people or drugs entering the country, if there is money in it there will always be a way.

the ignorant twits are afraid of their own shadows

Why can't lefties see it? Open borders are a sign of weakness. Secure borders are a sign of strength.

"Is a WALL a sign of weakness or a sign of strength?"

In my mind, neither. It's merely a sign that anyone can come up with a stupid idea and then share with the whole world.

Forum List

Back