Republicans inadvertantly admit that Bush was responsible for 9/11

If somebody can dream up a good enough reason before 911 to justify the ban, please feel free.

:dunno:
No dreaming needed. Bush warned by Clinton administration and ignored the warnings.

A warning that is that nonspecific is not actionable.

Bush-Cheney ignored warnings of imminent Bin Laden attack

What they knew didn't just come from the Aug. 6 Presidential Daily Brief titled bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US.

The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible. But the administration's neoconservative advisers, Eichenwald writes, said the CIA had been fooled and that focus on al Qaeda was a "distraction" from Saddam Hussein who they saw as the greater threat. To which the CIA replied:

“The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden,” the daily brief of June 29 read, using the government’s transliteration of Bin Laden’s first name. Going on for more than a page, the document recited much of the evidence, including an interview that month with a Middle Eastern journalist in which Bin Laden aides warned of a coming attack, as well as competitive pressures that the terrorist leader was feeling, given the number of Islamists being recruited for the separatist Russian region of Chechnya.

And the C.I.A. repeated the warnings in the briefs that followed.

At least three more warnings came before the Aug. 6 PDB. From the administration: crickets.

On CBS News today, Eichenwald rejected the idea that it was the intelligence community that failed:

"Actually, the counterterrorist center of the CIA did a spectacular job, and that's what really comes down. You know, in the aftermath, the White House and others said, 'Well they didn't tell us enough.' No, they told them everything they needed to know to go on a full alert and the White House didn't do it."

Daily Kos!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With at least 5 links to credible sites :)

No more so than Judicial Watch.

Clinton let Osama walk so blaming Bush for 9/11 is lame.
Walk from what?
QDid Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?
A:
Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.
Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden
Errr, the Cole was attacked near the end of Slick Willie's term and it was known that al Queada did it, and who the head figure was. They also attempted an attack in the beginning of the year on another destroyer.
And Sudan did make the offer.

Fail.

Q Did Bill Clinton pass up a chance to kill Osama bin Laden?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

Ultimately, however, it doesn’t matter. What is not in dispute at all is the fact that, in early 1996, American officials regarded Osama bin Laden as a financier of terrorism and not as a mastermind largely because, at the time, there was no real evidence that bin Laden had harmed American citizens. So even if the Sudanese government really did offer to hand bin Laden over, the U.S. would have had no grounds for detaining him. In fact, the Justice Department did not secure an indictment against bin Laden until 1998 – at which point Clinton did order a cruise missile attack on an al Qaeda camp in an attempt to kill bin Laden.

We have to be careful about engaging in what historians call "Whig history," which is the practice of assuming that historical figures value exactly the same things that we do today. It’s a fancy term for those "why didn’t someone just shoot Hitler in 1930?" questions that one hears in dorm-room bull sessions. The answer, of course, is that no one knew quite how bad Hitler was in 1930. The same is true of bin Laden in 1996. activities.

No dreaming needed. Bush warned by Clinton administration and ignored the warnings.

A warning that is that nonspecific is not actionable.

What they knew didn't just come from the Aug. 6 Presidential Daily Brief titled bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US.

The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible. But the administration's neoconservative advisers, Eichenwald writes, said the CIA had been fooled and that focus on al Qaeda was a "distraction" from Saddam Hussein who they saw as the greater threat. To which the CIA replied:

“The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden,” the daily brief of June 29 read, using the government’s transliteration of Bin Laden’s first name. Going on for more than a page, the document recited much of the evidence, including an interview that month with a Middle Eastern journalist in which Bin Laden aides warned of a coming attack, as well as competitive pressures that the terrorist leader was feeling, given the number of Islamists being recruited for the separatist Russian region of Chechnya.

And the C.I.A. repeated the warnings in the briefs that followed.

At least three more warnings came before the Aug. 6 PDB. From the administration: crickets.

On CBS News today, Eichenwald rejected the idea that it was the intelligence community that failed:

"Actually, the counterterrorist center of the CIA did a spectacular job, and that's what really comes down. You know, in the aftermath, the White House and others said, 'Well they didn't tell us enough.' No, they told them everything they needed to know to go on a full alert and the White House didn't do it."

Daily Kos!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

With at least 5 links to credible sites :)

No more so than Judicial Watch.

Oh you mean SUPPOSITIONS they used? lol

Ah, so you are saying he was afraid of criticism. I wouldn't doubt that but if he'd have kept these terrorists out of our country chances are 9/11 would have never happened.

Not just criticism, he would have been impeached for racial profiling and virtually destroying domestic air travel, and for what? 9/11 hadn't happened yet, remember? And, every move would have been immediately undone by Congress.
You can't impeach someone for racial profiling, one. And two, it was known that the plan was afoot. The "muscle" terrorists came in under his watch. He could have easily admitted to the public there was a problem and have temporarily suspended travel from people with ties to terrorist nations.

I'm sure it wouldn't be called "racial profiling", but the law Congress would immediately pass would make it impossible to do so. And, a temporary suspension does nothing when they are content to wait until it's lifted. Also, they didn't need to fly in, they could simply walk across the southern border like thousands still do every year.
Yeah, right, Arabs waltzing through Mexico, what a laugh.

You guys will go to any extent to cover up for Bush but it's too late. You can't make a claim against one and not against the other.

Like it was brought out earlier, they were already in the country before Bush took office.

That may be correct....so he corrected the imbalance by ignoring intelligence that there were plans to fly planes into buildings. Maybe if he had taken a tiny drink.....:beer:

Dad2three Siete

Ms. Tsongas. "
And is it customary to make these requests through
the Ambassador and for the Ambassador to bless it and make this request
or the assent back to you in order for you to you have the authority
to move forward?"

General Ham:"Actually ma'am it is a fairly formalized
a very
formalized process that the Department of State formally requests in
this instance of the Department of DefenseJ support in terms of the
Site Security Team.
The
last extension expired the 3rd of August and the State Department
decided to not request a further extensionJ but it is a formalized
process

"
that is department to department rather than the combatant
commander and ambassador.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=AAEBCAA5-4C8F-4820-BACD-2DB9B53C3424

Sorry kids,you bought the lie, YES Ham offered, but it was not in the purview of Amb Stevens, it HAD to
come from higher up can we all say Hillary?

In his CIA days, Johnson wrote "about 40" PDBs. They're usually dispassionate in tone, a mere paragraph or two. The PDB of Aug. 6 was a page and a half. "That's the intelligence-community equivalent of writing War and Peace," Johnson said. And the title—"Bin Laden Determined To Strike in US"—was clearly designed thttp://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2004/04/the_outoftowner.htmlo set off alarm bells. Johnson told his interviewer that when he read the declassified document, "I said 'Holy smoke!' This is such a dead-on 'Mr. President, you've got to do something!' "
A page and a half with no specifics is the equivalent to War and Peace to the libtard?

40+ PDB's warnings about AQ wasn't enough in 8 months to move the Dubya white house?

George W. Bush and the Aug. 6, 2001, PDB

Aug. 6, 2001, in which he was warned: “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.”

Bush to briefer: "All right. You've covered your ass, now."

Booosh was a TOTAL incompetent duh.
BTW, the Great GOP/corporate media Ebola Scare of 2014 also looks to be over. Amazing what chicken little hater dupes fall for...

Walk from what?

A: Probably not, and it would not have mattered anyway as there was no evidence at the time that bin Laden had committed any crimes against American citizens.

LOL Bill Clinton disagrees!

"I'm just saying, you know, if I were Osama bin Laden - he's a very smart guy, I've spent a lot of time thinking about him - and I nearly got him once," said Clinton, who'd departed the White House earlier that year. "I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn't do it."

Bill Clinton I could have killed Osama bin Laden - CBS News

Walk from what?

"I'm just saying, you know, if I were Osama bin Laden - he's a very smart guy, I've spent a lot of time thinking about him - and I nearly got him once," said Clinton, who'd departed the White House earlier that year. "I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn't do it."

.Carter said almost the exact same thing defending his inaction for the hostages. Those silly liberals

Wrong, the majority of them arrived in 2001.
All but the muscle terrorists arrived in 2000, under clinton.
Right, like I said, the majority of them arrived in 2001 under Bush. Who was warned AQ was looking to attack us. And who did nothing to stop the attack.
Not what Wikipedia says, all but the muscle guys arrived in 2000.
No, it doesn't say that at all. Can you read for comprehension?
I just got done reading it and first two arrived in jan. 2000, the other 3 in mid 2000, and the other in dec 2000. The rest arrived in early jan 2001 and mid 2001, but they were just the muscle men. So most arrived under Clinton, and he was clueless.
Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Do you seriously believe the muscle men weren't needed?

Booosh was a TOTAL incompetent duh.
BTW, the Great GOP/corporate media Ebola Scare of 2014 also looks to be over. Amazing what chicken little hater dupes fall for...

Don't you ever read the news? :lol: Try telling the poor people of Liberia and other West African countries that its a bullshit scare.

Oh and today's date is the 20th of October. And WHO says its ramping up again in Liberia.

You know. WHO. The World Health Organization. Since when did they all become Republicans?

"Although Senegal and Nigeria have been declared Ebola-free, the epidemic remains out of control in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia.

WHO warns that by December there could be as many as 10,000 new infections per week."

President of Ebola-hit Liberia makes desperate appeal for help Daily Mail Online

They are running all over the place blaming Obama for not suspending entry into the US to people from a small handful of countries, resulting in two Americans coming down with ebola.

This is a tacit admission on their part that Bush should have suspended entry into the US of people from a small handful of countries, which resulted in 3,000 people being killed by said people.

I think this is an unreasonable standard to hold Bush to.

A reasonable standard would be this:

Why did nobody from the Bush administration have to testify under oath about not heeding the warnings in the Aug memo about Bin Laden's plan to target skyscrapers with domestic planes?

Why didn't Bush administration officials have to testify for the administration's decision to not follow basic defense protocols, specifically the failure to have planes scramble ready?

Bush failed to defend the eastern seaboard, and his administration never had to face a grand jury.

Imagine if Obama had let members of the Bin Laden family leave the US without being questioned? Imagine if Obama ignored direct warnings of an impending attack on the US Homeland, and he ignored it?

Obama would not only be dragged in front of a grand jury; he would have been impeached and likely imprisoned.

Clinton face to grand jury for lying about a blowjob. Bush didn't have to answer one question for his failure to protect the homeland.

This is called power, of the most concentrated vintage.
You are correct, it is an unreasonable standard. That is why I started the thread. But (not unexpectedly) the point flew right over the RWNJ's head.

All but the muscle terrorists arrived in 2000, under clinton.
Right, like I said, the majority of them arrived in 2001 under Bush. Who was warned AQ was looking to attack us. And who did nothing to stop the attack.
I just got done reading it and first two arrived in jan. 2000, the other 3 in mid 2000, and the other in dec 2000. The rest arrived in early jan 2001 and mid 2001, but they were just the muscle men. So most arrived under Clinton, and he was clueless.
Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Do you seriously believe the muscle men weren't needed?
The terrorist that had to be trained in the flying part came under Clinton and trained. The muscle men came when they were needed.

They are running all over the place blaming Obama for not suspending entry into the US to people from a small handful of countries, resulting in two Americans coming down with ebola.

This is a tacit admission on their part that Bush should have suspended entry into the US of people from a small handful of countries, which resulted in 3,000 people being killed by said people.

Hey idiot! Bush was only president for EIGHT MONTHS when 9/11 happened.

Those pilots immigrated UNDER CLINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Identity and Immigration Status of 9 11 Terrorists 2011

LEGALLY? And Dubya CHOSE not to step up terrorism? Weird

YOUR LINK:

"all of the hijackers who committed the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks were foreigners. All of them entered the country legally on a temporary visa, mostly tourist visas with entry permits for six months. Although four of them attended flight school in the United States, only one is known to have entered on an appropriate visa for such study, and one entered on an F-1 student visa. Besides the four pilots, all but one of the terrorists entered the United States only once and had been in the country for only three to five months before the attacks. "

THE PILOTS immigrated UNDER CLINTON!

Further, WE ALREADY KNOW EBOLA IS A KILLER.

We didn't know those men intended to kill 3,000 Americans.

Big Difference!
We didn't know terrorists were killers?

The terrorist that had to be trained in the flying part came under Clinton and trained. The muscle men came when they were needed.
Does that mean you don't think the muscle men were needed?

Walk from what?

.Carter said almost the exact same thing defending his inaction for the hostages. Those silly liberals

And Booosh didn't think about Bin Laden much...

Bush March 2002 I really just don t spend that much time on bin Laden

112- In the US, I said. Even Nigeria figured out how to stop it.

It was a Liberian who kicked off their bout of Ebola. If they had put a travel ban and/or screening in place the government would have protected their citizens from death.

20 July 2014

Liberian government employee Patrick Sawyer arrives in the 21-million-strong city of Lagos in Nigeria and collapses, having flown from Liberia with a lay-over in Togo. He dies of Ebola five days later, sparking concerns about the ease with which the virus might jump borders.

Ebola epidemic 2014 timeline World news theguardian.com

Well this took stupid to a level previously not reached on the board. Just when you think it can't be done someone pulls it off.

Forum List

Back