Republicans introduce new health care bill This Week!

Oh come on. I'm not talking about transportation costs. I'm talking about INFRASTRUCTURE.

But the point I am making, if you can keep up, is that infrastructure costs are paid for by taxes. We're talking roads here. You've seen them I assume, they're usually some sort of gray color. They cost money. Who pays for that? Well the government. The government gets the money from taxes which come from individuals and companies.

Again, a large multinational is not paying anything for those roads. Yet they're using them. But a small company is paying the taxes which are going to pay for the roads.

Who Pays for Roads? | Frontier Group

"Many Americans believe that drivers pay the full cost of the roads they use through gas taxes and other user fees. That has never been true, and it is less true now than at any other point in modern times."

"Today, general taxes paid by all taxpayers cover nearly as much of the cost of building and maintaining highways as the gas tax and other fees paid by drivers."

"Nearly as much of the cost of building and maintaining highways now comes from general taxes such as income and sales taxes (plus additional federal debt) as comes from gasoline taxes or other “user fees” on drivers. General taxes accounted for $69 billion of highway spending in 2012."

"An estimated $597 per U.S. household per year in general tax revenue dedicated to road construction and repair."

So, how much of this is a small business paying and how much is a multinational paying.

Also, this is just a vague example to get my point across, don't throw this bullshit that you know the business lark at me. I'm not talking specifics, because we don't need to get into specifics for you to go massively off track again and again.

The point I am making is that small businesses may a higher percentage of tax. They use things like roads that need to be paid for. There are many things that they use. I could give many examples. But large corporations are not paying for these things.

So, you say that the large corporations are merely getting their money back. I'm saying that's rubbish. That they're getting things for FREE, like infrastructure that they use, but don't pay for.

Who do you think you're talking to? I spent most of my life in the transportation industry. You should see the kind of bucks my employer pays for license plate tags, fuel tax, per axle tax. That's right, you have to pay road taxes based on how many axles the vehicle has. Then they multiply that by the miles the vehicle puts on in a years time.

My truck alone averages about 6 miles per gallon. I have to fuel up about two to three times a week. The federal diesel fuel tax is 24.5 cents per gallon. On top of that, there is a 10% state tax rate as well.

I think I'm talking to someone who thinks that I'm talking about the transport industry, when really I'm talking about INFRASTRUCTURE....

No, the subject came up when you said small business pays all kind of road taxes that big companies don't pay. I'm telling you neither pay road taxes because we pay them and include it in our pricing. Therefore small business pays less road taxes because they have less deliveries.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So, I make a whole point, I use examples to show this, and because I said one thing, you then feel the need to take this totally off topic? Great.

What's off topic about what I said? I am merely pointing out the realty of the situation.

Show me one business that gets a road tax bill from the state or federal government for deliveries they get.

So, I could point out the weather today, do you think this would help us with this topic? No. So, you're talking about something that doesn't have anything to do with my point. I was talking about infrastructure and the amount a company uses it. The reason I used infrastructure was because it's something that people pay for out of taxes. And you decided to talk about something else. Why?

Who do you think you're talking to? I spent most of my life in the transportation industry. You should see the kind of bucks my employer pays for license plate tags, fuel tax, per axle tax. That's right, you have to pay road taxes based on how many axles the vehicle has. Then they multiply that by the miles the vehicle puts on in a years time.

My truck alone averages about 6 miles per gallon. I have to fuel up about two to three times a week. The federal diesel fuel tax is 24.5 cents per gallon. On top of that, there is a 10% state tax rate as well.

I think I'm talking to someone who thinks that I'm talking about the transport industry, when really I'm talking about INFRASTRUCTURE....

No, the subject came up when you said small business pays all kind of road taxes that big companies don't pay. I'm telling you neither pay road taxes because we pay them and include it in our pricing. Therefore small business pays less road taxes because they have less deliveries.

So, I make a whole point, I use examples to show this, and because I said one thing, you then feel the need to take this totally off topic? Great.

What's off topic about what I said? I am merely pointing out the realty of the situation.

Show me one business that gets a road tax bill from the state or federal government for deliveries they get.

So, I could point out the weather today, do you think this would help us with this topic? No. So, you're talking about something that doesn't have anything to do with my point. I was talking about infrastructure and the amount a company uses it. The reason I used infrastructure was because it's something that people pay for out of taxes. And you decided to talk about something else. Why?

I didn't. You said this:

The multinational company pays no tax. They do not pay to use the roads for the 5000 miles that they have used of government road.
The small company must pay 30% tax. So the small company has to pay for the roads that they have used, and they also have to pay for the multinational company to use those roads.

The multi-national company can therefore transport those items more cheaply because they're not paying tax on delivering their goods, whereas the small business does.

What you said here in post 226 is that small companies get taxed for having goods delivered, and I pointed out they don't.

I didn't. You said this:

The multinational company pays no tax. They do not pay to use the roads for the 5000 miles that they have used of government road.
The small company must pay 30% tax. So the small company has to pay for the roads that they have used, and they also have to pay for the multinational company to use those roads.

The multi-national company can therefore transport those items more cheaply because they're not paying tax on delivering their goods, whereas the small business does.

What you said here in post 226 is that small companies get taxed for having goods delivered, and I pointed out they don't.

Dude, I'm not doing this. I'm not having you change the topic and then demand I go along with your diversion.

The point here is that people pay money in taxes and it goes to pay for things. Things like infrastructure. You'd think that people would pay an amount equal to what they use, more or less, but no, they don't. And some people want a system that people all pay a certain percentage regardless, as if this is fair. It's not.

I didn't. You said this:

Dude, I'm not doing this. I'm not having you change the topic and then demand I go along with your diversion.

The point here is that people pay money in taxes and it goes to pay for things. Things like infrastructure. You'd think that people would pay an amount equal to what they use, more or less, but no, they don't. And some people want a system that people all pay a certain percentage regardless, as if this is fair. It's not.

Of course you're not doing this. You're the one who started a fight you can't finish.

When it comes to roads, we trucking companies pay the most for them. The more trucks a corporation uses, the more road taxes paid by us. I have no idea where you get this notion from that large corporations don't pay for infrastructure. Corporations pay a federal corporate income tax, a state corporate income tax, and depending on where it's located, a county or city corporation tax.

But even if not one dollar went to infrastructure in all the taxes they do pay, the employees they hire that earn money who pay taxes do.

Ask your yourself why cities and states offer tax abatements and incentives to get a company to move to their location? It's because they make out in other ways when it comes to taxation.

One of our largest customers decided to move to a pretty upper scale community. While under construction, the city repaved an entire road just for them. Afterwords, other businesses began to move in. Recently, they improved that road by widening it to two lanes in each direction plus a turning lane. The state even created a new exit ramp for easier access to that part of the road.

When I first started to deliver there, the road was filled with pot holes, one lane each way. It's on the outskirts of the suburb where nothing but land and farm houses once stood. The city didn't pay all this money out of the goodness of their heart so this corporation had someplace to go, they did it as a long-term investment that will financially benefit the city for many, many years.

I didn't. You said this:

Of course you're not doing this. You're the one who started a fight you can't finish.

When it comes to roads, we trucking companies pay the most for them. The more trucks a corporation uses, the more road taxes paid by us. I have no idea where you get this notion from that large corporations don't pay for infrastructure. Corporations pay a federal corporate income tax, a state corporate income tax, and depending on where it's located, a county or city corporation tax.

But even if not one dollar went to infrastructure in all the taxes they do pay, the employees they hire that earn money who pay taxes do.

Ask your yourself why cities and states offer tax abatements and incentives to get a company to move to their location? It's because they make out in other ways when it comes to taxation.

One of our largest customers decided to move to a pretty upper scale community. While under construction, the city repaved an entire road just for them. Afterwords, other businesses began to move in. Recently, they improved that road by widening it to two lanes in each direction plus a turning lane. The state even created a new exit ramp for easier access to that part of the road.

When I first started to deliver there, the road was filled with pot holes, one lane each way. It's on the outskirts of the suburb where nothing but land and farm houses once stood. The city didn't pay all this money out of the goodness of their heart so this corporation had someplace to go, they did it as a long-term investment that will financially benefit the city for many, many years.

How can I finish a fight if you take it so far off topic? Er.....

You say truck companies pay the most. I don't care. This has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

So, until you get back on topic, I'm not doing this.

Forum List

Back