Republicans just missed putting 700,000 more people out of work

Wonder how many people are going to be out of work due to Obama wanting to close coal mines..
rdean supports this.

It helps the Giant Corporations that benefit from the Artificial Scarcity created by Gov'ts shutting down production in one area and allowing the Corporations who own them to do what they please.

rdean supports Crony Capitalism. rdean hates the American worker. rdean hates the American family. rdean hates America.

It's me that supports corporations? I support corporations? Me?

Gee, I hate to have to break it to you Stinky, but you have me mixed up with the GOP. I like Americans to have access to education so they can get good jobs. I want them to have health care. These are things Republicans are against. Everyone knows it and the GOP base is proud of it.

well how nice, you want you want you want as long as it is BEING forced on others to pay for it all

You don't care people see as nothing more than a joke and disgusting human being?

Wonder how many people are going to be out of work due to Obama wanting to close coal mines..

As usual, frackin' Republicans/rightwingers attack the wrong thing/person for their self-created problems.

Straighten your skirt, your ODS is showing-----again!

coal-mining-jobs-on-the-rise-under-obama/

By John Upton
10 Apr 2013

<snip>

From the Appalachian Voices report:

screen-shot-2013-04-10-at-10-34-16-am.png
appvoices.org

From a press release put out by Appalachian Voices:
“These numbers show pretty clearly that the purported ‘war on coal’ is an utter fabrication,” says Matt Wasson, director of programs at Appalachian Voices. “Even as this administration and the Environmental Protection Agency are making some important steps toward controlling coal pollution — from mining, burning, and burying the waste — the job numbers nationwide have been growing.”
While the data show some variations among coal-producing states, each of the top ten has had more mining jobs on average under the Obama administration than under the Bush administration. Nine of those states saw higher coal mining employment in 2012 than at any point during the Bush years. …
“We continue to hear industry’s cries that environmental regulations are unfair and costly. The fact is, the costs have always been there, only they’ve been borne by the people living in coal-impacted communities who can’t drink their water, who are breathing polluted air, who are suffering from cancer and heart disease,” says Wasson.

To all the coal companies out there complaining that rules and regulations are making life hard for you, please, cry us a river.

No, seriously, cry us a river please. You’ve ruined many of ours and we would like some of them back.

Gee, I wonder why the Appalachian Voices would say that. Oh, that's right, "Appalachia".

And look at what I said, 85,000 and you show a chart that's around 85,000. Guess you showed me. :lol:

Coal-dependent businesses fight to hold on, as industry shrinks - CSMonitor.com

rdean supports this.

It helps the Giant Corporations that benefit from the Artificial Scarcity created by Gov'ts shutting down production in one area and allowing the Corporations who own them to do what they please.

rdean supports Crony Capitalism. rdean hates the American worker. rdean hates the American family. rdean hates America.

Gee, I hate to have to break it to you Stinky, but you have me mixed up with the GOP. I like Americans to have access to education so they can get good jobs. I want them to have health care. These are things Republicans are against. Everyone knows it and the GOP base is proud of it.

well how nice, you want you want you want as long as it is BEING forced on others to pay for it all

You don't care people see as nothing more than a joke and disgusting human being?

Shut up b!tch. Crawl back under your rock.

Oh so you are conceding that the Stimulus wasn't about infrastructure and you guys lied?

So once again, why should we trust you when you've already lied to us?

No, you lied when you said TRILLIONS Beyotch.

Grow up.

I grew up a long time ago. Which is precisely why I don't like giving money to people who habitually break their promises and lie, such as yourself.

I know you want to silence anyone who points out your evil behavior, but too bad.

I know you want to silence anyone who points out your evil behavior, but too bad.

Posting "facts" is not evil behavior. But posting lies, like saying trillions, is. Try to figure out why.

rdean supports this.

So you are saying you don't want people to have education. You don't want people to have health care. You don't want people to have good jobs.

And you call ME disgusting?

Why is it always up to me to teach the dumb asses?

There are less than 85,000 coal miners in the entire United States and only a little more than half work below ground. NOT Millions, idiot. What is wrong with you?

Obviously, you didnt think that through. Hint: service industries that support the coal industry.

Gee, you're not too bright are ya? The coal industry has been shrinking for years. Because of the low cost of natural gas. Power plants shifting to natural gas. The enormous impact of automation. And more.

Go learn something, not just ignorant talking points, but something of substance, then come back and perhaps we can discuss. I'm warning you. People who bother with an education tend to vote Democrat.

And already we see gnashing of teeth by libs such as yourself about fracking. If wind or solar ever turned a profit you would be the first to castigate them to hell...big wind, big solar,...just as you are doing to natural gas. Youre right. You hate corporations.

Posting "facts" is not evil behavior. But posting lies, like saying trillions, is. Try to figure out why.

You don't know the first thing about facts, though I am sure you do know "facts". See facts, deal with reality. Your propaganda will never be reality.

If you agree that posting lies are evil, then you've conceded that you are evil.

So you are saying you don't want people to have education. You don't want people to have health care. You don't want people to have good jobs.

And you call ME disgusting?

Where did she said she doesn't want people to be educated, have good jobs, or have health care? It's precisely because we want people to have these things that we oppose YOUR policies.

And yes, you are one of the most disgusting people I know of. And I work with career criminals.

House Passes Interim Fix for Highway Trust Fund

The 367-to-55 vote was more grudging than it appeared. Democrats, led by President Obama, denounced Congress’s failure to pass a multiyear transportation bill that likely would have needed tax increases to fund the nation’s infrastructure needs. Conservatives — and some liberal Democrats — called the funding mechanisms for the $11 billion House bill gimmicks that masked the true cost.

But on August 1, the Transportation Department was prepared to cut construction spending by 28 percent. Without the federal help, states were already planning to halt and delay thousands of projects, putting as many as 700,000 people out of work just as the job market was showing signs of life.

-----------------------------------------

You can bet Republicans are pissed. They could have put 700,000 more people out of work and then blamed it on the president. Their approval rating is only at 7% so it probably couldn't go any lower. But they could possibly drag down the president to their very low level.

Stop lying.

Obama?s claim that 700,000 jobs are ?at risk? over highway funding - The Washington Post

The 367-to-55 vote was more grudging than it appeared. Democrats, led by President Obama, denounced Congress’s failure to pass a multiyear transportation bill that likely would have needed tax increases to fund the nation’s infrastructure needs. Conservatives — and some liberal Democrats — called the funding mechanisms for the $11 billion House bill gimmicks that masked the true cost.

But on August 1, the Transportation Department was prepared to cut construction spending by 28 percent. Without the federal help, states were already planning to halt and delay thousands of projects, putting as many as 700,000 people out of work just as the job market was showing signs of life.

You can bet Republicans are pissed. They could have put 700,000 more people out of work and then blamed it on the president. Their approval rating is only at 7% so it probably couldn't go any lower. But they could possibly drag down the president to their very low level.

Hell, I've had a hard time getting to my house for months due to all the street work being done.. not to mention they just finished a new widening of I-10 through Metairie.

What kinda shithole town do you live in?

:lol:

Hell, I've had a hard time getting to my house for months due to all the street work being done.. not to mention they just finished a new widening of I-10 through Metairie.

What kinda shithole town do you live in?

:lol:

Yup. Loads of highway work going on in my town as well. Can't tell ya how many detours we all take.

He must live in Detroit where craters in the road are the norm and they are bankrupt so nothing will get fixed. Yup. He lives in a shithole.

You spent trillions in stimulus on infrastructure, or so you claimed. Now you need more money?

And no, I know you didn't actually spend that money on infrastructure. but considering you spent all that infrastructure on paying back Obama donors, why the hell should we trust you with more money?

I spent trillions? Not me. Trillions were spent on infrastructure. Yea, that's true. By the Republicans in fucking IRAQ. We know that to be a fact.

Republicans spent trillions on Iraq and we are still paying. Only Republicans are so stupid, they pay for wars with tax cuts. No one else does that. Only Republicans.

Hey, look, you made a deflection! Everyone else has been talking about how Obama demanded billions be spent on infrastructure improvements in his stimulus plans and gave it to the already incredibly wealthy, but you managed to talk about Republicans and Iraq! Wow, that's pretty amazing.

rdean supports this.

That's remarkably stupid, even for the internet.

Why is it always up to me to teach the dumb asses?

There are less than 85,000 coal miners in the entire United States and only a little more than half work below ground. NOT Millions, idiot. What is wrong with you?

Obviously, you didnt think that through. Hint: service industries that support the coal industry.

Gee, you're not too bright are ya? The coal industry has been shrinking for years. Because of the low cost of natural gas. Power plants shifting to natural gas. The enormous impact of automation. And more.

Cool. So let the market naturally shut down the industry. No need for Obama to go nuts and drive everyone's costs through the roof. Sounds like a solution in search of a problem.

Go learn something, not just ignorant talking points, but something of substance, then come back and perhaps we can discuss. I'm warning you. People who bother with an education tend to vote Democrat.

Yeah, those art history majors are the bomb. :eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back