Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

Maybe they want a "Christian Values" board in the government.. :doubt:

There not even hiding the calls for Theocracy anymore..

Take a gander at the Constitution, folks:

The VERY first amendment PROHIBITS the President from advocating for Christian, Hindi, Muslim, Buddhist or any other religion's "values".

where did they call for a theocracy?

please cite.

:eusa_whistle:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Leading Republicans on Thursday insisted that America's leaders must do more to defend Christian values at home and abroad, blaming President Barack Obama for attacks on religious freedom as they courted social conservatives expected to play a critical role in the next presidential contest.

"Those of us inspired by Judeo-Christian values...have an obligation to our country and to our fellow man to use our positions of influence to highlight those values," Florida's Sen. Marco Rubio said at a conference hosted by the Faith and Freedom Coalition, a group led by long-time Christian political activist Ralph Reed.

"I honesty believe that in my lifetime we will see a country once again governed by Christians . . . and Christian values.

What Christians have got to do is take back this country, one precinct at a time, one neighborhood at a time, and one state at a time."
-Ralph Reed

[MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION]

Yes, we see that your UP on all the latest issues in religion.... LEARN SOMETHING!

Presbyterian Lay Committee Board of Directors Repudiates Action of PCUSA GA on Redefining Marriage

The Aquila Report ^

DETROIT, MICHIGAN, JUNE 19, 2014 – A statement of protest by the Presbyterian Lay Committee repudiating the action of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church USA to redefine marriage. The 221st General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) has approved both an Authoritative Interpretation of the Constitution and an amendment to redefine marriage. In the name of 1.8 million Presbyterians nationwide, the General Assembly has committed an express repudiation of the Bible, the mutually agreed upon Confessions of the PCUSA, thousands of years of faithfulness to God’s clear commands and the denominational ordination vows of each concurring commissioner. This...

What does that have to do with abortion?

Pro life, pro homosexual marriage are all things that different religions organizations are fighting amongst themselves over. Some fringe groups, or even national committees go in one direction, while others of the same sect go in the opposite way. This is one reason that religion isn't looked on favorably by some. The need for a clear distinction on these questions is a must. A simple belief in GOD is no longer the cohesive force it once was.

Okay so now that you've admitted I am right, was there anything else you had to offer?

I think every presidential debate should include several questions about religion. Most Americans don't vote for people who wear a cross on their sleeve.

What does that have to do with abortion?

Pro life, pro homosexual marriage are all things that different religions organizations are fighting amongst themselves over. Some fringe groups, or even national committees go in one direction, while others of the same sect go in the opposite way. This is one reason that religion isn't looked on favorably by some. The need for a clear distinction on these questions is a must. A simple belief in GOD is no longer the cohesive force it once was.

Okay so now that you've admitted I am right, was there anything else you had to offer?

I do understand it's difficult for a NYC subversive to understand that one can EXPAND on a single thought to make it more interesting and multi-directional....I blame your inadequacies on the UNION TEACHERS in the Rotten Apple.....it couldn't possibly be your flaccid in thought! :eusa_whistle:

I think every presidential debate should include several questions about religion. Most Americans don't vote for people who wear a cross on their sleeve.

It would be unconstitutional since the Constitution prohibits any religious test to hold office.

It would be unconstitutional since the Constitution prohibits any religious test to hold office.

The unethical, and unprincipled don't care about that, just as long as RELIGION is scoriated!

WASHINGTON (AP) — Leading Republicans on Thursday insisted that America's leaders must do more to defend Christian values at home and abroad, blaming President Barack Obama for attacks on religious freedom as they courted social conservatives expected to play a critical role in the next presidential contest.

"Those of us inspired by Judeo-Christian values...have an obligation to our country and to our fellow man to use our positions of influence to highlight those values," Florida's Sen. Marco Rubio said at a conference hosted by the Faith and Freedom Coalition, a group led by long-time Christian political activist Ralph Reed.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

The VERY first amendment PROHIBITS the President from advocating for Christian, Hindi, Muslim, Buddhist or any other religion's "values".

Yep!
Representation for 75% of the nation must not be included and must be kept silent.
That's totally opposite of what the 1st amendment says.

All the while government forces Catholics to supply birth control that totally prohibits their freedom of their rights to exercise their religion. :cuckoo:

The unethical, and unprincipled don't care about that, just as long as RELIGION is scoriated!

What's wrong? Got some issues with asking candidates about their views on evolution and gods wrath?

Afraid they'll look crazy if they answer honestly?

Did your magic 8 ball tell you that or the voices in your head, because that isn't there.

BTW, did you ever read the Document that led to the Constitution? Here's a passage from it.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

The First Amendment does say there is to be no State religion. It says nothing of the values of religion. BTW, it says nothing of separation of church and State either, a government employee made that one up.

I think it would be nice if people would drop their endless stupid litmus tests and focus on what the candidate's policies would be.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
No it doesn't, Einstein. The First Amendment doesn't even address the President.

And it doesn't prohibit advocating for anything. Do you know the difference between advocating and establishing?

Did your magic 8 ball tell you that or the voices in your head, because that isn't there.

BTW, did you ever read the Document that led to the Constitution? Here's a passage from it.

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

The First Amendment does say there is to be no State religion. It says nothing of the values of religion. BTW, it says nothing of separation of church and State either, a government employee made that one up.
Hey, I was gonna say that.

Oh, yea, I just did.

Amendment I

Of course Sallow the word President is right in there................ opps!
It says Congress.

Forum List

Back