Republicans ramming bill through without reading it

However, the health care law is not the news of the day. I have no idea what it says but can pretty much predict it will cost you more and cover less. The GOP did not repeal Obamacare, they just tweaked it a bit.

Enough!

The news of the day was that Texas became the 11th state to join the Article V movement to amend the Constitution. States should determine their own health care, like many already have like MA.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/

Maybe those in the state legislatures around the country have the time to read their own health care laws.
I thought article 5 had closer to 23 states.

In addition to the 11 states that have officially passed a resolution, 10 others have passed a convention of states resolution in at least one legislative chamber. Twenty-three other states have active legislation considering the convention of states.

Well, it's the GOP's health care "system" now.
Frankenstein's Monster II.
At least they are trying to fix it, the dems were fine to allow it to collapse so they could talk the nation into single payer. That is a very underhanded way to govern and the dems should never be rewarded for such rotten behavior.

One by one private insurance is getting out of the health care industry, leaving only the government to fill the void. This was the plan all along.

Because they could not sell the single payer plan by obtaining votes, they simply lied to the American people cuz Dims despise democracy if it stops their plans.

The problem is that you should know everything that is in this bill no matter who reads it. Chris Collins was not aware of the fact that NY would lose $3 billion under the plan. The question is not whether NY should get the $3 billion but why was he not aware of it?

Also I keep hearing "well the Democrats did it". That excuse is not going to fly with the American people.

The problem is that you should know everything that is in this bill no matter who reads it. Chris Collins was not aware of the fact that NY would lose $3 billion under the plan. The question is not whether NY should get the $3 billion but why was he not aware of it?

Also I keep hearing "well the Democrats did it". That excuse is not going to fly with the American people.

The American people should be pissed with both parties and realize that Congress is incapable of a workable solution to health care and give it to the states instead.

People in MA were happy with their health care they created.

"I don't think any individual has read the whole bill," Garrett said. "That's why we have staff."

GOP congressman on Obamacare replacement: 'I don't think any individual has read the whole bill'
This is what Republicans do. They knew Democrats didn't read the aca because they don't read them either.

Proof they're manipulating voters with bs

Yes, and so why did you guys pass a bill you didn't read? That's the question. Of course she was surprised by that questioning. Because she knows Republicans don't read bills that A.L.E.C. drafts. they just vote yes to whatever ALEC hands them.

The American people should be pissed with both parties and realize that Congress is incapable of a workable solution to health care and give it to the states instead.
BINGO - the division of the nation at the national Party level has created a disastrous 'Party-1st' nightmare where National Parties are incapable of working together for the good of the nation.

....but you know now that they have all this power at the Federal level neither party will readily / easily give it up.

"I don't think any individual has read the whole bill," Garrett said. "That's why we have staff."

GOP congressman on Obamacare replacement: 'I don't think any individual has read the whole bill'
Just curious....why are you so worried about a political party pushing a piece of legislation into law without reading it or allowing the American or read it NOW? Why wasn't this a problem for you when Obama and the Democrats did the same thing with Obamacare?
Why was it an issue back then but not an issue for you now? That's the point dummies. We are wondering why you cared about things like the real unemployment number back then but now you don't mention those people or that issue. In other words these things prove what hypocritical liars you are. You weren't being sincere when you complained Democrats didn't read the ACA. The truth was no one reads these bills. So now we are just pointing out to you that we are on to this game you play when you aren't in charge you hold Democrats up to a much higher standard than you hold yourselves. Like you didn't care that Colon Powell had a private server but Hillary had one and you blew a cow. Fucking liars.

those sorry, low life, crooked ass Democrats did it !

so lets be just like them and do it too, nobody will ever notice.

F'n RW idiots.

Fake News. This bill has been reviewed and negotiated over several weeks, and unlike Obamacare, the Public has been allowed to see what's in it. It will now go to The Senate and be tweaked & modified as appropriate. The Dems can participate in that process or they can continue to be divisive assholes.

How stupid a thread. You need a legislative bill. We got it. Now the Senate will look it over. It might be months. The final bill after them might bear no resemblance to the original. Then the House must go over it again. Only after that does Trump even get a chance to sign it into law. If it makes it that far, it will have been given a thousand considerations from every angle to make it the best bill possible as if nothing else, the GOP has a great diversity of views and opinions. What amazes me is that the democrats did that and only came up with the stinky "Affordable Healthcare Act" that was broken from the start, anything but affordable, full of lies and deceptions, based on an insane concept that could never work, and designed to collapse and fall apart by the time it fully took effect.

Why was it an issue back then but not an issue for you now?

LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE as you seem t be under some false assumption.

Look back at my posts immediately after the Freedom Caucus declared one of the main reasons they refused to support Ryan's 1st attempt to pass an ACA Replacement bill, when the word got out Ryan added some new pieces to the bill and told his fellow Republicans to 'just sign it and read it later'.

I lit Ryan up for that. I spoke out strongly against that crap. I described it as 'pulling a Pelosi', who as you know incredulously declared to the American people regarding the ACA that Americans had no RIGHT to read the ACA (although Obama promised the American people they would get to read it before a vote was cast) until they had rammed their 'edict' into law.

You must have missed my posts where I ripped ALL POLITICIANS for not reading bills - which is part of what they get paid to do. I suggested that we cut their salaries and pay their aides - who they get to read the bills and fill them in on the main content before going to vote - more money.

Sorry, your 'assumption' is WRONG. I most definitely have a problem with not reading the bill before they cast their votes...and I don't care what party you represent / belong to.

Also, I think any major bill - like a nation-wide health care bill that will effect every American - should be brought to the nation's / voter's attention. They can handles the 'day to day' stuff, but when the government is considering a bill that has so much massive impact on the American people I believe it should be brought before the American people, explained, etc...

Last edited:

This is what Republicans do. They knew Democrats didn't read the aca because they don't read them either.

Proof they're manipulating voters with bs

Yes, and so why did you guys pass a bill you didn't read? That's the question. Of course she was surprised by that questioning. Because she knows Republicans don't read bills that A.L.E.C. drafts. they just vote yes to whatever ALEC hands them.

Indeed. Why did the GOP buckle during the debt ceiling debates? Why did the GOP not hold Obama to the Constitution when his EO's violated federal law regarding immigration? Why does the GOP continue spending like a drunken sailor even though they are the major power in Congress, etc., etc.?

Crazy, huh?

How stupid a thread. You need a legislative bill. We got it. Now the Senate will look it over. It might be months. The final bill after them might bear no resemblance to the original. Then the House must go over it again. Only after that does Trump even get a chance to sign it into law. If it makes it that far, it will have been given a thousand considerations from every angle to make it the best bill possible as if nothing else, the GOP has a great diversity of views and opinions. What amazes me is that the democrats did that and only came up with the stinky "Affordable Healthcare Act" that was broken from the start, anything but affordable, full of lies and deceptions, based on an insane concept that could never work, and designed to collapse and fall apart by the time it fully took effect.

I see, so reading it the first go round is pointless

That was not the point, did not matter what kind of mess/or not the bill was, the point was to get it through the house, half the hurtle. now as they have said it will be scrapped and only the lofty senate will work on it. none of our more local reps will input. more game playing from our bought and paid for senate.

BINGO - the division of the nation at the national Party level has created a disastrous 'Party-1st' nightmare where National Parties are incapable of working together for the good of the nation.

....but you know now that they have all this power at the Federal level neither party will readily / easily give it up.

Which is why states need to rise up and amend the Constitution.

States can provide their own health care according to what each state deems best for itself.

Forum List

Back