Restauraunt manager fired after refusing to serve a customer in a Trump hat

No I expected him to take his consequences and not whine about it like a con would have done. Anyone that would throw out a Drumpf supporter is obviously smarter than most of the rubes on the right.

His act of refusing the customer was a whine. Weird you equate intelligence with law breaking.

He did not break any law.

And you know Canadian law?

What law did he break?

Unlike cons, smart people understand there are consequences for their actions. This should stop the whining cons do when they get canned.

Yup, sure hope the folks running the unemployment office feel the same way.
What difference does it make what the folks at the unemployment office feel? Pretty sure this guy will be employed by this time next week.

What the heck, sounds like a bet I'd be happy to take.

No I expected him to take his consequences and not whine about it like a con would have done. Anyone that would throw out a Drumpf supporter is obviously smarter than most of the rubes on the right.

His act of refusing the customer was a whine. Weird you equate intelligence with law breaking.

What law did he break?

Wait, so you don't know Canadian law?

A Trump hat could indicate national origin, which is against the law in Canada.
Youre reaching.

Apparently it was grounds for termination. Unless you want the guy to sue....

You can be terminated for being rude. Or late to work. But it's not against the law.

I don't have a problem with it other than I would have no desire to wear one.

As I pointed out in my first post in this thread - I think this kind of rudeness, harrassing people or refusing to serve them because of their political beliefs - has to stop.

I have not considered wearing one until recently. Probably will use one when eating out for sure.

What law did he break?

What law did he break?

I don't have a problem with it other than I would have no desire to wear one.

As I pointed out in my first post in this thread - I think this kind of rudeness, harrassing people or refusing to serve them because of their political beliefs - has to stop.

I have not considered wearing one until recently. Probably will use one when eating out for sure.

I have an Obama shirt. I don't wear it in WV.

What law did he break?

What law did he break?

Youre reaching.

You can be terminated for being rude. Or late to work. But it's not against the law.

There is no employment at will in Canada.

What law did he break?

What law did he break?

I don't know Canadian law...evidently you and Coyote don't know either.

Youre reaching.

There is no employment at will in Canada.

.............unless there is just cause for terminating an employee's employment

Being rude to customers would be just cause. Being chronically late would be just cause.

What law did he break?

What law did he break?

I knew you didnt know. I just asked because you seemed too dumb to research.

B.C. restaurant manager unrepentant for booting Trump supporter | CBC News

The human rights codes of B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario do not prohibit an individual from denying service to someone based on their political beliefs, according to Gregory Ko, a Toronto-based civil litigator who specializes in employment law, who spoke to CBC Newsfollowing the incident in Virginia.

The restaurant stands by its decision.

"[Hodge] was aware what he was doing was probably contrary to our values and our philosophy as a company in terms of hospitality and inclusiveness," said Crimp.

"We don't discriminate against people based on political beliefs."

What law did he break?

What law did he break?

As I recall, neither of us claimed to.

Wow...someone said the ex-employee didn't break the law....and I know it wasn't me.

What law did he break?

What law did he break?

As I recall, neither of us claimed to.

Wow...someone said the ex-employee didn't break the law....and I know it wasn't me.

That isn't claiming to know Canadian law other than what can find superficially on google.

.............unless there is just cause for terminating an employee's employment

Being rude to customers would be just cause. Being chronically late would be just cause.

Canadians do not get unemployment when fired for cause.

What law did he break?

What law did he break?

I knew you didnt know. I just asked because you seemed too dumb to research.

B.C. restaurant manager unrepentant for booting Trump supporter | CBC News

The human rights codes of B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario do not prohibit an individual from denying service to someone based on their political beliefs, according to Gregory Ko, a Toronto-based civil litigator who specializes in employment law, who spoke to CBC Newsfollowing the incident in Virginia.

The restaurant stands by its decision.

"[Hodge] was aware what he was doing was probably contrary to our values and our philosophy as a company in terms of hospitality and inclusiveness," said Crimp.

"We don't discriminate against people based on political beliefs."

Great, it's not illegal, just the same he's outa there.

Forum List

Back