Rewarding bad behavior

Watch the video. You can see the little bastard pointing his weapon which looks like a .45 at people in the park. Look again at the photo I posted above.

Tell me if you were the person at the 1:12 mark you wouldn't be freaked out. Watch all the way to 1:45.

w0ndcm.jpg

The gun rights people are the first to bitch if restrictions or bans are proposed on toy guns.

Watch the video. You can see the little bastard pointing his weapon which looks like a .45 at people in the park. Look again at the photo I posted above.

Tell me if you were the person at the 1:12 mark you wouldn't be freaked out. Watch all the way to 1:45.

w0ndcm.jpg

The gun rights people are the first to bitch if restrictions or bans are proposed on toy guns.

What the ever loving FUCK does that have to do with a kid pointing a gun at people in the park while his mother watches, and then being given a pile of cash for being retards?

However, laws were broken by the police. We expect you not to understand that too, "the donald" is your man.
You are lying if you were to say, if it was my child holding a toy pistol and he was murdered by the police I would turn the other cheek.
But when the politics and laws benefit your kind it is so right.
Hypocrite.

It's political. You wouldn't understand.

Correct. It is political. Then people can't figure out why Trump is kicking ass in the primaries.

We are sick of political. This is the results.

Correct. It is political. Then people can't figure out why Trump is kicking ass in the primaries.

You want to stop rewarding bad behavior but Trump winning is good...

:banghead:

You are obsessed. This is not a thread about Trump. It is a thread about how nutbags don't care that a little boy playing in the park got blown away by an idiot.

You've been quiet on Carly, by the way. What gives?

Don't pretend like you give one fuck about that boy either. Just a means to an end for you

However, laws were broken by the police. We expect you not to understand that too, "the donald" is your man.
You are lying if you were to say, if it was my child holding a toy pistol and he was murdered by the police I would turn the other cheek.
Hypocrite.

I can pretty much guarantee that my child would never run around pointing a realistic looking gun at people in a public park, OR attempt to reach for said gun when the police approached.

Parents HAVE to start taking some responsibility.

You are lying if you were to say, if it was my child holding a toy pistol and he was murdered by the police I would turn the other cheek
First, read the goddam topic. It was NOT a toy. It was a pellet gun. And it was deliberately designed to look like a .45. It was a WEAPON.

Second, I let my kids play with toy guns outside all the time, but I have NEVER allowed them to play with an actual weapon deliberately manufactured to look indistinguishable from a .45.

And gee, what do you know, no one has ever called 9-1-1 while they were playing, and they've never been shot by any cops! And I I ever caught them pointing their toy guns at anyone other than their playmates, that would be the last time they owned that toy and they know it.

Living in the Cleveland area, I'm a little upset over the city of Cleveland's settlement of 6 million dollars to the family of Tamir Rice.

Tamir was the 12 year old kid that a Cleveland police officer shot when he pulled out a realistic looking toy gun at the officer. The investigation found no wrong doing by the police and even had a Grand Jury trial for the shooting officer who was found within his rights of self-defense.

So why did a broke city--like Cleveland, make the mother of this kid an instant millionaire?

There is something terribly wrong with our legal system when we reward irresponsible and bad behavior. The claim here is that they gave this taxpayer cash away to avoid a much higher payout.

There shouldn't be any payout. Did the city really fear being held liable for a much larger amount, or is this all politics with fear of not being reelected if they did the right thing by protecting taxpayer money?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/us/tamir-rice-family-cleveland-settlement.html?_r=0
I'd guess fear from what a largely minority jury might award. Sad thing all around.

You are lying if you were to say, if it was my child holding a toy pistol and he was murdered by the police I would turn the other cheek
First, read the goddam topic. It was NOT a toy. It was a pellet gun. And it was deliberately designed to look like a .45. It was a WEAPON.

Second, I let my kids play with toy guns outside all the time, but I have NEVER allowed them to play with an actual weapon deliberately manufactured to look indistinguishable from a .45.

And gee, what do you know, no one has ever called 9-1-1 while they were playing, and they've never been shot by any cops! And I I ever caught them pointing their toy guns at anyone other than their playmates, that would be the last time they owned that toy and they know it.
Yes, idiot parents. Toy guns should never leave the backyard.

Hypocrite.

You don't know what I would say so how can you call anybody a hypocrite?

The police broke laws? What laws did they break? You better write to the prosecutors office and tell him the grand jury F'd up, because they sure didn't see any laws violated by the officers on the scene.

w0ndcm.jpg

No, gun rights people bitch when liberals try to take steps to disarm Americans with real guns.

Didn't he just show up and start blasting the kid ?

This would be a loser civil court case that would cost the city way more .

There were no crimnal charges because DA lets the police get away with everything.

If the cops pulled up and just started "blasting the kid" the shooting officer would be behind bars today.

It was not that long ago all you liberals were crying about body cameras on police officers. But I predicted this problem: even when there is clear video evidence the officers did nothing wrong, you still complain.

I have no issue with it. Im just explaining why the city paid out millions of dollars to someone with no legal claim.

I'd ask why they would do that, but I know it's due to our screwed up Legal system that refuses to throw out these baseless lawsuits.
No you dont get it. The lawsuit was baseless. Everyone knew it. But if the city refused to pay up the Negroes would riot and it would cost much more. This is just hush money.

It's more political than that. Assuming that most blacks are for the family, it would be political suicide to fight them in a lawsuit--especially if they were successful fighting it.

Living in the Cleveland area, I'm a little upset over the city of Cleveland's settlement of 6 million dollars to the family of Tamir Rice.

Tamir was the 12 year old kid that a Cleveland police officer shot when he pulled out a realistic looking toy gun at the officer. The investigation found no wrong doing by the police and even had a Grand Jury trial for the shooting officer who was found within his rights of self-defense.

So why did a broke city--like Cleveland, make the mother of this kid an instant millionaire?

There is something terribly wrong with our legal system when we reward irresponsible and bad behavior. The claim here is that they gave this taxpayer cash away to avoid a much higher payout.

There shouldn't be any payout. Did the city really fear being held liable for a much larger amount, or is this all politics with fear of not being reelected if they did the right thing by protecting taxpayer money?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/us/tamir-rice-family-cleveland-settlement.html?_r=0

Nice mischaracterization of what happened.

And just what did I mischaracterize?

I can see several things the police got wrong while blowing that little kids shit away.

Starting with, pulling right up next to the kid, exposing the passenger side cop to what might be certain death in his mind, thus forcing the officer to act prematurely.

It was not intentional. It was raining that day and while they wanted to approach the suspect quickly, the car slid and did get too close to him.

The strategy used by the driving officer was to force the suspect away from the rec center. In most cases involving a gun (and our police are plenty experienced with that) the suspect runs. So by blocking his path to the rec center, he would have no choice but to run away from the rec center (with children in it) instead of towards the rec center. The police did not want to get into a potential gun fight around innocent children.

Because most armed suspects do run, they instinctively knew something was wrong when he didn't run and instead, put his hand down his pants and start pulling up what they rightfully perceived as a real gun.

I can see several things the police got wrong while blowing that little kids shit away.

Starting with, pulling right up next to the kid, exposing the passenger side cop to what might be certain death in his mind, thus forcing the officer to act prematurely.

It was not intentional. It was raining that day and while they wanted to approach the suspect quickly, the car slid and did get too close to him.

The strategy used by the driving officer was to force the suspect away from the rec center. In most cases involving a gun (and our police are plenty experienced with that) the suspect runs. So by blocking his path to the rec center, he would have no choice but to run away from the rec center (with children in it) instead of towards the rec center. The police did not want to get into a potential gun fight around innocent children.

Because most armed suspects do run, they instinctively knew something was wrong when he didn't run and instead, put his hand down his pants and start pulling up what they rightfully perceived as a real gun.

So you're saying that it was careless driving that lead to the death of a 12 year old boy at the hands of a heavily armed police officer. Did it have to happen that very second? Couldn't that have taken another stab at it so to speak? Their approach that is. Go around and try it again ?

OP- Good. Horrible incompetence, no warning it was a fake.

Nope, none at all. The dispatcher didn't tell the officers that it COULD be a fake gun. Not that it would have mattered. When a suspect pulls a gun on a police officer, they can't chance that it is a fake based on what a caller thought it might be.
It took that cop 2 seconds...that's right 2 seconds to draw his side arm and kill Tamir.

Had Tamir been a white adult, would a 2 second time frame be acceptable? Would there be any dialogue between the cops and the suspect?

Why was Tamir given only 2 seconds?

Care to talk about bad behavior in light of that fact

w0ndcm.jpg

No, gun rights people bitch when liberals try to take steps to disarm Americans with real guns.

You lie.

OP- Good. Horrible incompetence, no warning it was a fake.

Nope, none at all. The dispatcher didn't tell the officers that it COULD be a fake gun. Not that it would have mattered. When a suspect pulls a gun on a police officer, they can't chance that it is a fake based on what a caller thought it might be.
It took that cop 2 seconds...that's right 2 seconds to draw his side arm and kill Tamir.

Had Tamir been a white adult, would a 2 second time frame be acceptable? Would there be any dialogue between the cops and the suspect?

Why was Tamir given only 2 seconds?

Care to talk about bad behavior in light of that fact

We know how armed white adults are treated. We have the example of the Clive Bundy gang.

Forum List

Back