Rice acknowledges some of her Benghazi info was incorrect but has no regrets

Your guess is wrong.
My guess is you are nonchalant about it because Obama said it so that makes it OK. If Christie claimed he didnt know about a traffic jam in NJ you'd be frothing at the mouth ready to march on Trenton.

Actually, YOU would be wrong.

Talk radio isn't so much about freedom of speech. It's about free enterprise. It's all based on advertising dollars. And there's no better way to keep people tuned in for long periods of time than to promote controversy, conflict, and fear. I hear it all the time on national shows and in one of the local shows in my area. If it's not issue A, it's issues J, K, L, M, N, O, or P.

It runs the gamut from Obama (the biggest single issue) to Common Core educational standards. The attempt to gin up fear, conflict, and controversy is non stop. More fear translates to a higher arbitron rating, which then translates to higher advertising revenue as the number of listeners go up and they stay tuned in longer which means that advertisers will be more willing to pay to advertise their products and services on a show and a station with a large audience as opposed to a small audience. Without the controversy, people will just tune to another station, or listen to a CD, or they might actually have a conversation with someone instead of staying glued to the TV or staying tuned in to some radio station where someone with a financial interest has plenty of reasons to keep people upset and fearful.

As for me, I listen. But when I feel myself getting a little too emotionally invested in someone else's personal agenda, I turn it off. After all, there's a reason that Rush refers to himself as an entertainer. These folks on TV and the radio are little better than political song and dance men. I stay tuned in to be entertained for a while. I just don't take those people seriously because they're not serious people.
You dodged the question. Typical.

About Christie?

I don't give a whoop about Christie or his presidential ambitions. And since he's not the governor of my state, I don't really care about him at all.

If you're asking me if I think he's guilty of what he's been accused of as far as the whole NJ/NY bridge fiasco is concerned, I would say that the pettiness of the whole situation seems to be in keeping with the personality traits I've witnessed in him when he's dealt with the press and certain constituents. He comes across as an asshole. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he pulled something like this. I also have a difficult time believing that his aides would undertake such actions unless he gave the green light or they knew he otherwise approved of it. But again, I'll let the authorities get to the bottom of it as they almost certainly will in the end because there's some major CYA going on now as no one wants to be left standing without a chair to sit in when the music stops. But I want to see EVIDENCE and preferably PROOF as opposed to simply being satisfied with rumor and innuendo which almost always seems to be enough for conservatives to impune the reputation of anyone in the opposition they don't like or they're worried about.

Meanwhile, you can allow yourself to be manipulated by men with an agenda if you choose. I prefer not to be so easily led down a garden path by people whose motives are generally more suspect than the accusations they make against others.

Actually, YOU would be wrong.

Talk radio isn't so much about freedom of speech. It's about free enterprise. It's all based on advertising dollars. And there's no better way to keep people tuned in for long periods of time than to promote controversy, conflict, and fear. I hear it all the time on national shows and in one of the local shows in my area. If it's not issue A, it's issues J, K, L, M, N, O, or P.

It runs the gamut from Obama (the biggest single issue) to Common Core educational standards. The attempt to gin up fear, conflict, and controversy is non stop. More fear translates to a higher arbitron rating, which then translates to higher advertising revenue as the number of listeners go up and they stay tuned in longer which means that advertisers will be more willing to pay to advertise their products and services on a show and a station with a large audience as opposed to a small audience. Without the controversy, people will just tune to another station, or listen to a CD, or they might actually have a conversation with someone instead of staying glued to the TV or staying tuned in to some radio station where someone with a financial interest has plenty of reasons to keep people upset and fearful.

As for me, I listen. But when I feel myself getting a little too emotionally invested in someone else's personal agenda, I turn it off. After all, there's a reason that Rush refers to himself as an entertainer. These folks on TV and the radio are little better than political song and dance men. I stay tuned in to be entertained for a while. I just don't take those people seriously because they're not serious people.

About Christie?

I don't give a whoop about Christie or his presidential ambitions. And since he's not the governor of my state, I don't really care about him at all.

If you're asking me if I think he's guilty of what he's been accused of as far as the whole NJ/NY bridge fiasco is concerned, I would say that the pettiness of the whole situation seems to be in keeping with the personality traits I've witnessed in him when he's dealt with the press and certain constituents. He comes across as an asshole. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he pulled something like this. I also have a difficult time believing that his aides would undertake such actions unless he gave the green light or they knew he otherwise approved of it. But again, I'll let the authorities get to the bottom of it as they almost certainly will in the end because there's some major CYA going on now as no one wants to be left standing without a chair to sit in when the music stops. But I want to see EVIDENCE and preferably PROOF as opposed to simply being satisfied with rumor and innuendo which almost always seems to be enough for conservatives to impune the reputation of anyone in the opposition they don't like or they're worried about.

Meanwhile, you can allow yourself to be manipulated by men with an agenda if you choose. I prefer not to be so easily led down a garden path by people whose motives are generally more suspect than the accusations they make against others.

You make a judgement about what someone did based on behavior by that person you've seen in news bites and you think I'm being manipulated? What a joker.

I dont. But you're downplaying it by comparing it to embassy bombings and 9/11. So you must not think it's too bad.
Right?

Just putting it into perspective compared to the magnitude of the attacks carried out by al Qaeda. It was just as bad as 9-11-2001 for the families that lost loved ones.

It doesnt matter. It doesnt need perspective. It needs people to take responsibility for their failures. Specifically Susan Rice and this administration.

Of course it matters. Perspective is everything. Susan Rice had no responsibility in the attacks in Benghazi. She did a stand up job filling in for the SoS.

Just putting it into perspective compared to the magnitude of the attacks carried out by al Qaeda. It was just as bad as 9-11-2001 for the families that lost loved ones.

It doesnt matter. It doesnt need perspective. It needs people to take responsibility for their failures. Specifically Susan Rice and this administration.

Of course it matters. Perspective is everything. Susan Rice had no responsibility in the attacks in Benghazi. She did a stand up job filling in for the SoS.

No, only facts matter here. ANd the fact is she lied. Call that a "stand up job" if you like. And with this admin you are sadly correct.

The crazy people just keep getting angrier about the world ignoring them. They should probably take a break, before they stroke out.

About Christie?

You make a judgement about what someone did based on behavior by that person you've seen in news bites and you think I'm being manipulated? What a joker.

It's not a reach by any stretch of the imagination. A person's personality traits are actually a pretty good predictor of their future behavior. Nixon's paranoia, Clinton's penchant for casual sexual affairs, and Bush's tendency to make snap judgments on drilling for oil on little more than hunches back when he was an "oil man" are three cases in point. That's why Nixon ended up with an enemies list, Clinton jumped at the chance to fool around with a woman who threw herself at him, and Bush played a hunch that Saddam had WMDs.

The point is that Christie has shown quite publicly that he's an asshole. Therefore, it should be no surprise that he's probably petty enough to do something like what he's accused of doing. The point which bothers me personally is not so much that he probably did it as much as how incredibly stupid it was to do something like this since he supposedly has aspirations to higher office. That's the same reason I was bothered by Clinton's dalliance with ML. He knew the right was gunning for him, and he did it anyway. That just shows bad judgment. The fact that Christie is bending over backwards to play nice now is just one more indication that he's probably guilty because if he wasn't, I think his tendency would be anger and defiance because he would not believe that any evidence existed to implicate him.

But like I said, I don't really care about Christie because he's not my governor unlike partisans who seem to care yea or nay based on whether or not they see themselves as liberals or conservatives.

Last edited:
No lies, no conspiracy, just pure propaganda and hater dupes...change the channel, join the real world.

"I was only following orders" flopped at Nuremburg as an excuse.

Being overly dramatic don't you think, trying to elevate the targets of the phony Benghazi scandal to Nazi war criminals?

I did no such thing. Not that such a comparison has never been made by leftists here.
But it is true that "only following orders" is not a valid excuse for doing something knowing it was wrong.

Well yeah sure, but carefully crafted but speculative talking points given after a verbal disclaimer during Sunday morning talk shows would hardly be brought up during a Nuremburg type trial. So the reason for bringing up Nuremburg "I was only killing Jews because I was ordered too" non defense was what?

Want to talk about the points, and the differences between them and the facts. Okay, fine

The GOP chose instead to shoot the messenger. It was a cheap shot. Walked up right behind her and shot her in the back.

Everybody was lying from the get go.
Can you poeple who are nobodies stop lying. You are nobodies. You don't have to lie for them. What are you doing?

Rice was, in fact, properly cautious in her TV appearances. The transcripts here are crystal clear. On Face the Nation, for example, she carefully told Bob Schieffer that she couldn't yet offer any "definitive conclusions," but that "based on the best information we have to date" it appeared that there had been a spontaneous protest in Benghazi "as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where [...] there was a violent protest outside of our embassy sparked by this hateful video." She then immediately added: "But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent."

Susan Rice has been made into a bizarre caricature of herself. The transcripts of what she said are easily available, and by now it's plainly obvious that her comments were careful, considered, and accurately represented the collective assessment of American intelligence at the time she offered them. It's time to stop the lynching.

The High-Tech Lynching of Susan Rice

I love the way you left wingers shoot yourself in the foot. You don't consider the obvious at all. You have your head so far up your ass thinking ahead of yourself you don't and won't get how I snag you.

Why was the United States Ambassador to the United Nations on talk shows answering questions to nothing she would know about?

Why was Rice out there at all?

Welcome to Walmart.

Being overly dramatic don't you think, trying to elevate the targets of the phony Benghazi scandal to Nazi war criminals?

I did no such thing. Not that such a comparison has never been made by leftists here.
But it is true that "only following orders" is not a valid excuse for doing something knowing it was wrong.

Well yeah sure, but carefully crafted but speculative talking points given after a verbal disclaimer during Sunday morning talk shows would hardly be brought up during a Nuremburg type trial. So the reason for bringing up Nuremburg "I was only killing Jews because I was ordered too" non defense was what?

Want to talk about the points, and the differences between them and the facts. Okay, fine

The GOP chose instead to shoot the messenger. It was a cheap shot. Walked up right behind her and shot her in the back.

Why was she out there?

You are not a stupid poster. Why would you put your UN Ambassador on a Sunday Talk Show Circuit to answer questions about Benghazi?

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

For some reason when I think of liberals and trying to tell the truth I think of this game of twister

So the most intelligent administration ever ever ever known to mankind doesn't let Secretary of State Hilary Clinton go on the Sunday morning talk shows.

Nooooooooooooooooo. They put out Susan Rice. Who on the best of days wouldn't have a fucking clue what went on in Benghazi.

She's had her cushy job at the United Nations.

Libs I'm waiting for you to try to explain to me why Susan Rice was sent out there.

She was sent out there to show the world how to lie.... and to show the world that the better you lie ... with a straight face like Rice did , the higher you will get in this Administration.
The rest, that Americans died in Benghazi is inconsequential and it "doesn't make any difference at this point".

What else do you expect from the most lying President and Administration in the history of the U.S.A?

Libs I'm waiting for you to try to explain to me why Susan Rice was sent out there.

The problem with you conspiracy theorists is that you START with an automatic assumption that there must be a nefarious reason for X (whatever X happens to be). By that point, it's not a question of IF but WHAT that/those nefarious motive(s) was/were. Then you expend all your energy engaging in hypothetical theorizing while portraying your theories as if they are almost certainly facts that would be clear to anyone if they would just allow their imaginations to run as freely as you do with yours.

That's not to say that there aren't several relatively innocuous possible motives for doing almost anything. But it's a simple fact that Rice had ambitions to be Secretary of State which was widely understood at the time. Since it was also widely believed that Hillary was going to retire in a 2nd Obama term if he was reelected, there would be nothing at all suspicious to easing Rice into the job and her new responsibilities of speaking for the American gov't in matters of international relations.

Last edited:
Despite a year and a half tidal wave of Pubcrappe, the best intel HAS NOT CHANGED, hater dupes...

Feb 23, 2014- ''RICE: First of all, there's an FBI investigation, which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired. But putting together the best information that we have available to us today, our current assessment is that what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo, almost a copycat of-- of the demonstrations against our facility in Cairo, which were prompted, of course, by the video. What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post-revolutionary Libya. And it escalated into a much more violent episode. Obviously, that's-- that's our best judgment now. We'll await the results of the investigation.''

Susan Rice Calls Out Conservative Media: It's "Patently False" That Administration Misled On Benghazi | Blog | Media Matters for America

Why was she out there?

You are not a stupid poster. Why would you put your UN Ambassador on a Sunday Talk Show Circuit to answer questions about Benghazi?

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

What? You didn't catch this little tid-bit from her interview. I was sure you were riveted to your TV or Radio, or whatever you guys use up there.

"She told Lesley Stahl that Clinton was simply too stressed after a very "painful" week. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three more Americans died in the assault on the U.S. Consulate."

“I don’t have time to think about the false controversy,” Rice said.

Not too sure how that will play in 2016 against Clinton, but I'll bet the weavers over at the GOP will put it in their quilt.

She was sent out there to show the world how to lie.... and to show the world that the better you lie ... with a straight face like Rice did , the higher you will get in this Administration.
The rest, that Americans died in Benghazi is inconsequential and it "doesn't make any difference at this point".

What else do you expect from the most lying President and Administration in the history of the U.S.A?

Do you really feel that way, deep down, in your gut?

Forum List

Back