Rich Guys Leaving California

Los Angeles is a filthy hole. It is one of the most ugly cities I've ever been in. Everything is filthy. The streets are filled with garbage. The roads pocked with potholes. Deep ones too. The kind that break axels. There is no money. The City is broke. It would be improved by a bankruptcy but the mexican thug mayor doesn't want his name attached to the day Los Angeles went bankrupt. Any Eastern European city during the height of communism would look better than this hellhole. If I was not dedicated to helping as many business people as I can leave the country, I would have gone somewhere else long ago. If there is a dollar left in California, it is my duty to move it OUT. Right now the hot market is Belize!

Katz, there was a guy in my office who was chomping at the bit to 'travel' to LA for some work stuff, so he volunteered for a couple weeks. When he got back, he wasn't impressed and had lots of negative comments. Sure he loved the weather and the food, but he said the BEACHES were trash heaps, with dirty syringes and needles laying all over. He was pretty grossed out and shocked. Says the people were squirrely outside. :razz:
Santa Monica...Whatta mess.

Y'all should see South Central....I worked on the USC Radisson a couple years back, and have never seen more cops cruising around in all my born days.

That's mostly because of the huge gang problem, right? Lots of gang warz and people shooting back & forth in the neighborhoods.

Los Angeles is a filthy hole. It is one of the most ugly cities I've ever been in. Everything is filthy. The streets are filled with garbage. The roads pocked with potholes. Deep ones too. The kind that break axels. There is no money. The City is broke. It would be improved by a bankruptcy but the mexican thug mayor doesn't want his name attached to the day Los Angeles went bankrupt. Any Eastern European city during the height of communism would look better than this hellhole. If I was not dedicated to helping as many business people as I can leave the country, I would have gone somewhere else long ago. If there is a dollar left in California, it is my duty to move it OUT. Right now the hot market is Belize!

Katz, there was a guy in my office who was chomping at the bit to 'travel' to LA for some work stuff, so he volunteered for a couple weeks. When he got back, he wasn't impressed and had lots of negative comments. Sure he loved the weather and the food, but he said the BEACHES were trash heaps, with dirty syringes and needles laying all over. He was pretty grossed out and shocked. Says the people were squirrely outside. :razz:

i think he was bull shiting about the beaches....

No, he really wasn't. That was his biggest impression and he told everyone in our department. Was really shocked at the crap & needles & syringes all over the beach. He said he would never even consider going barefoot or in flip flops. He wore regular shoes with hard heels so he wouldn't get punctured. The guy was from the Midwest and wasn't making any of that up. It was discussion fodder for days. He said LA is filthy, and the locals just disregard it. Was all big on the beach til he went down there. Said he'd never go back.

There's no smoking on the beach. You can shoot up, but no smoking. Cigarette butts cause litter. The used diapers that are left all over the place aren't litter.

I went to a bar/restaurant last night for dinner. Exploring the new eateries. The bartender told me that if I told him my e-cigarette was full of weed, he wouldn't tell me to put it away. I told him it was filled with flavorings and nothing else. He said "If it's not weed, we don't allow it." So I told him it was weed, just to stay legal. On the counter behind the bar was a big bowl of condoms. They used to put them on the bar, but too many kept getting lifted so now they're still free, but you gotta ask. And, true to the pecularities of LA, there were phone chargers all over the place.

I've pretty much always lived in LA county, but not in the City, which in just a couple of days realize that an earthquake to level the place would be an improvement.

Wow, and you live there. That's too bad. I haven't been on the beach to swim there per se since the early 1980s, but was up in SanFran more recently. It seems cleaner on the beaches down by Fisherman's Wharf than it sounds near LA. Guess you SoCal's hate the NorthCal's and vice-versa, eh? I hear trash talk all the time between the groups.

Your restaurant experience is a real slice.........of liberalism! How weird. I can imagine if you're doing all that work to get people OUT of Cali, business must be booming. Did I hear you mention Belize? Lots of ex-pats there to retire because of the cost of living, but they've got a problem too with the illegals coming up through South & Central America, on the way into the US via the Southern Border. Even the big resort towns now of Acapulco, Cabo, Mazatlan, etc. are having problems with Drug Cartels, innocent people and tourists being murdered and beheaded. The news we get is not pretty.

I spent 15 years in L.A. I lived in Westwood, Beverly Hills, Miracle mile and right near the Beverly Center. The city is dirty as hell, everyone is pissed off and its expensive as hell. If you are in your 40's and 50's and still living in an apartment with roommates its nothing out of the ordinary. Its the norm. If you are a multi millionaire you will live a good life there, other than that you are just another slub on the treadmill just getting by. The only thing free is the air you breathe, which is polluted.

I spent 15 years in L.A. I lived in Westwood, Beverly Hills, Miracle mile and right near the Beverly Center. The city is dirty as hell, everyone is pissed off and its expensive as hell. If you are in your 40's and 50's and still living in an apartment with roommates its nothing out of the ordinary. Its the norm. If you are a multi millionaire you will live a good life there, other than that you are just another slub on the treadmill just getting by. The only thing free is the air you breathe, which is polluted.

Hey cereal_killer:

Looks like you made the intelligent move - to AUSTIN! What a great place. And the Texas barbecue there is delicious. No place but Tejas for barbecue - last I had was in Dallas. The meat was so flavourful that ya don't need sauce! Why ruin a great thing?

Cali was probably a great, great place about 40 years ago before it got so screwed up, but other states also have wide open CLEAR skies, good food, nice weather too, and is definitely CHEAPER and more cost effective. Salud to you, senor. :)

Hey cereal_killer:

Looks like you made the intelligent move - to AUSTIN! What a great place. And the Texas barbecue there is delicious. No place but Tejas for barbecue - last I had was in Dallas. The meat was so flavourful that ya don't need sauce! Why ruin a great thing?

Cali was probably a great, great place about 40 years ago before it got so screwed up, but other states also have wide open CLEAR skies, good food, nice weather too, and is definitely CHEAPER and more cost effective. Salud to you, senor. :)

Love this city. It is an amazing place to live. Never been happier!

Californians are moving to New Mexico and Texas to get tax breaks.

They built 10 dairies next to my hometown in Texas because it was cheaper to do business in Texas.

yeah cheap land, labor and resources unlike Cali which the market has deemed worht far more than in Teaxs
It's all about taxes, Truthmatters. California taxes people to death.

No, he really wasn't. That was his biggest impression and he told everyone in our department. Was really shocked at the crap & needles & syringes all over the beach. He said he would never even consider going barefoot or in flip flops. He wore regular shoes with hard heels so he wouldn't get punctured. The guy was from the Midwest and wasn't making any of that up. It was discussion fodder for days. He said LA is filthy, and the locals just disregard it. Was all big on the beach til he went down there. Said he'd never go back.

ST there are too many people on the beaches for that to be true,you would here about stuff like that......maybe it should asked.....what beach did he go to and when.....there was a story a while back on this very thing.....when the reporter went to check it out.....there was a section of the beach were some rocks and caves are that a COUPLE of syringes were found but the beach in general was just fine......i don't know about LA.County but OC beaches have life guard patrols......even at night.....but then of course OC is a Republican "stronghold" as Truth said so...... maybe that is the difference.....

Californians are moving to New Mexico and Texas to get tax breaks.

They built 10 dairies next to my hometown in Texas because it was cheaper to do business in Texas.

yeah cheap land, labor and resources unlike Cali which the market has deemed worht far more than in Teaxs
It's all about taxes, Truthmatters. California taxes people to death.

they would tax how many turds you got in the bowl if they were able too....

ST there are too many people on the beaches for that to be true,you would here about stuff like that......maybe it should asked.....what beach did he go to and when.....there was a story a while back on this very thing.....when the reporter went to check it out.....there was a section of the beach were some rocks and caves are that a COUPLE of syringes were found but the beach in general was just fine......i don't know about LA.County but OC beaches have life guard patrols......even at night.....but then of course OC is a Republican "stronghold" as Truth said so...... maybe that is the difference.....
The beaches are clean and aren't littered with needles. This guy was probably visiting crack houses in Venice Beach. They keep the beaches very clean in L.A.

The beaches are clean and aren't littered with needles. This guy was probably visiting crack houses in Venice Beach. They keep the beaches very clean in L.A.

and if it was something like the way this guy described it....i am more than sure i would have heard about it on the 5:00 news.....there are just to many people on the beaches around here.....especially in the daytime....

Yes, they have. Now if I agreed with you? Move to Fla or Texas? You wouldn't be saying that. This is about my disagreeing with your observation. Not about spam. Be honest. Why lie about it?

If you're right that the most wealthy and successful of California have opted for Israel. Then it should be easy for you to prove.

Please provide some link where Californians are moving to Israel instead of states like Texas and Florida.

Census finds thousands of Californians flocking to Texas

Californians moving to Texas in record numbers

California's Population Is Moving Out, Census Report Shows

"The Census Bureau calculates that the most popular destination is Texas (58,992), a state that is luring California companies. That’s followed by Arizona (49,635), Nevada (40,114), Washington (38,421) and Oregon (34,214)."

If companies want to move from California to Texas or Florida, then let them. Plenty more companies will move in and take their place. Nothing would make me move to either of those flat, humidity-choked, strip-mall hell-holes.

Flat and humid? Gee, last time I checked most of Texas is actually DESERT! And hey, there are plenty of MOUNTAINS in Texas! (Highest point is over 8000'.)

becuase they are money whores who are right leaning.

the ones who stay love their state and dont look for reasons to fuck their employeess for more money

here we go.....they are all righties.....are you that fucking stupid?....no "lefties" are leaving?.....many are you dumb ass .....you are just to Far Left to see it.....why did you fuck up my State?....

The ones labeling the reason they are leaving as taxes are right wing.

They know damed well they m,ake bank by selling their expensive land in Cali to buy cheap dirt elsewhere.

same size warehouse for less money and they can buy a huge mansion for dirt.

pretending its ONLY taxes is why they leave is a fucking lie.

Cali is expensive because the free market deems it.

California is expensive because California has a debt and spending problem.

California again trumped other states with a $617 billion debt," reported State Budget Solutions, a nonpartisan organization advocating "fundamental reforms" for state budgets.

California's debt is more than twice second-place New York, the annual report said.

State Budget Solutions' third annual State Debt Report shows total state debt over $4 trillion > Publications > State Budget Solutions

As the Los Angeles Times reported: “California owes Wall Street more per resident than almost every other state. And it has accumulated a crushing load of debt for retiree pensions and health care, now totaling more than taxpayers spend each year on all state programs combined.”

The Times compares the state’s situation to that of the California cities of Vallejo, Stockton and San Bernardino, which all became insolvent largely because of their inability to pay for public-employee pensions and health care.

This touches on perhaps the biggest challenge to the state’s fiscal health: Democratic supermajorities in both houses of the state Legislature, combined with Democratic control of all constitutional offices. With Republicans now irrelevant, Democrats can raise taxes and ramp up spending at will, meaning that the cycle of artificially produced fiscal crises will speed up, with a legislative majority committed to the endless growth in government and the protection of public-employee pay and privilege at all costs.

Until California’s leaders tackle the state’s enduring debt issues and view the private sector as the generator of economic growth, rather than as a means to fund government, California’s next fiscal crisis will always be just around the corner.

California's debt still a heavy cloud over state's future - Los Angeles Times

California and taxes

California is a high-tax state, with some of the steepest sales tax, personal income tax and corporate tax rates in the nation.

For businesses seeking to create jobs for Californians by locating or expanding in the state, taxes can be a major obstacle. California has the third-worst state business tax climate in the nation, according to reports from the Tax Foundation, a national tax research organization that tracks state taxes.

CalTax | Where Does California Rank?

California's personal income tax system consists of ten brackets and a top rate of 13.3%. That rate ranks highest among states levying an individual income tax.

Tax Freedom Day is the day when Americans finally have earned enough money to pay off their total tax bill for the year. In 2013, California taxpayers worked until April 24th (6th latest nationally) to pay their total tax bill.

California's corporate income tax system consists of a flat rate of 8.84%. That rate ranks 10th highest among states levying an corporate income tax. California's corporate tax collections per person were $245 in 2010 which ranked 5th highest nationally.

California's gasoline tax stands at 48.7¢ (2nd highest nationally)

California | Tax Foundation

[

The mexicans and other non -whites have destroyed the state. Of course, even the whites in CA are duggie welfare bums. And thirty years ago it was paradise!!

we will never understand why Demorats vote to collapse their own economy's, just like they did in 2008.

Of course we understand. They want more people on welfare cause welfare bums vote dem. Same reason they want citizenship for illegal invaders. THINK

There's no smoking on the beach. You can shoot up, but no smoking. Cigarette butts cause litter. The used diapers that are left all over the place aren't litter.

Used diapers are not litter in the eyes of the city?? That's hilarious. Can't offend the women can we.?

Truthmatters is, to some extent, right. CA is not expensive because of high taxes. It's expensive because a lot of people want to live there and there are natural barriers which inhibits development.

California is spectacularly beautiful. It has two world-class cities. It is has developed the preeminent centers in both technology and entertainment. The critical masses in those two vital industries will exist for a long time.

However, the state financial structure in California is unstable. It's finances are totally fucked up. It relies heavily on financing it's bloated public sector by taxing the rich and capital gains from the stock market. The average Californian doesn't want to pay taxes, so they've off-loaded it onto the rich and upper middle class. Now, the rich are considering leaving. That has created an untenable situation.

California will balance their budget next year, or come close to it. Whether it balances it's budget 3-4 years from now remains to be seen. It's tax and spending structure threatens the golden goose on which it relies.

Forum List

Back