Rick Perry announces run for Presidency, voices populist message.....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Yesterday, Perry announced that he is running for President.

Did any of you happen to listen to his announcement speech? For about half of it he sounded more like Elizabeth Warren, talking about income inequality, the rich getting richer, saying that we need to provide for the middle class.

How well do you think Perry's message is gonna sit with the GOP base?

He pointed out that we have a Cronyism system with a rigged game that benefits DC and Wall Street insiders.

That's the truth, and it's not Elizabeth Warren-like in the least.

Perry advocates getting rid of the complexity which enables cronies to rip off taxpayers.

Warren advocates income and wealth redistribution via an even more complex system.

I was impressed Marcus Luttrell was there. You'll never see that hero endorsing Obungles

I can't wait to see what kind of stupid crap Perry is going to say this time.

And no.............getting rid of the cowboy boots and putting on glasses isn't going to help his image.

And no.............getting rid of the cowboy boots and putting on glasses isn't going to help his image.

Here you go, bub. Read:

Transcript Read Full Text of Rick Perry s Campaign Launch

(Funny how you started criticizing him without even knowing what he said, but typical of you.)

Actually, I watched his announcement on the news. I never said that he said stupid crap in the speech, I stated that I can't hardly wait to see what kind of stupid crap he's going to say NEXT. Remember the 3 departments that he was going to get rid of and then could only come up with 2?

He was a train wreck last time, and glasses and loafers aren't going to change him.

Here you go, bub. Read:

Transcript Read Full Text of Rick Perry s Campaign Launch

(Funny how you started criticizing him without even knowing what he said, but typical of you.)

Actually, I watched his announcement on the news. I never said that he said stupid crap in the speech, I stated that I can't hardly wait to see what kind of stupid crap he's going to say NEXT. Remember the 3 departments that he was going to get rid of and then could only come up with 2?

He was a train wreck last time, and glasses and loafers aren't going to change him.

Speaking of Trainwrecks Wearing Glasses:

He's entertaining. Especially when he can't remember what departments make of the executive branch.

Is Perry the first presidential candidate to run for office while under felony indictment? I heard that he is...

Many of you know how much I dislike Ricky: he is an ass.

However, he is preferable to Hillary.

compared to many others Perry has actually produced real results....

as Governor of Texas he led the way economically producing about 30% of all new American jobs....while Dimwit states such as CA or IL lost jobs...

also unlike our traitor dimwit president he actually defended our southern border......sending in the National Guard....and creating about a 74% drop in apprehensions...

Before he began his campaign in 2012 I thought he might pose a serious threat to Obama's chances for reelection.

It didn't take long, however, for me to change that opinion. He's a doofus.

And...if I were running his campaign, I'd give him a lie detector test to find out what his sexual preference is.

He pointed out that we have a Cronyism system with a rigged game that benefits DC and Wall Street insiders.

That's the truth, and it's not Elizabeth Warren-like in the least.

Perry advocates getting rid of the complexity which enables cronies to rip off taxpayers.

Warren advocates income and wealth redistribution via an even more complex system.

With all his talk about cronyism, he forgot to mention his slush fund (Texas enterprise fund) that he directed and used to pay off his supporters while he was governor of Texas

Is Perry the first presidential candidate to run for office while under felony indictment? I heard that he is...

That is correct! The GOP is setting all kinds of records.

Perry was indicted for "abuse of official capacity"........something Hillary NEVER engaged in....hahaha.....

......and Marco Rubio has 4 traffic tickets......wow that beats Hillary too.....:rolleyes-41:

Yesterday, Perry announced that he is running for President.

Did any of you happen to listen to his announcement speech? For about half of it he sounded more like Elizabeth Warren, talking about income inequality, the rich getting richer, saying that we need to provide for the middle class.

How well do you think Perry's message is gonna sit with the GOP base?

Well we all know he'll pitch the populist spiel. I half think the announcement I heard yesterday that the Bush family doesn't like him was pitched to get him elected. I think in the end, middle dems in order to be wooed properly away from their own whirling dervish Rainbow party (won't take much) is to see if Perry has actually walked the walk in his own state as Governor.

I do think though that having a governor instead of a senator this time around is essential. We need someone who has ACTUALLY run a territory with big and complex issues. Texas certainly is big and its issues are the poster-child issues of the country today anyway. My fears are that he will be so in bed with BigOil though, that this will cloud his ability to continue the vital and necessary alternative energy projects that we've launched over the last 6 years. BigOil doesn't like competition. At all.

I think I know who he'll pick for VP. Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? No matter who gets in Office, Dick Cheney will have his hand working the strings from above. Been doing that since the 1960s.

Didn't he want Texas to secede? Isn't he ok with textbooks that have dinosaurs and humans walking together?

Rick is OK with whatever gets him office. He will forget about Jesus and dinosaurs, as they say in Texas, "right quick."

Forum List

Back