Rigged Elections and Voter Fraud - how common is fraud? Not very.

Tell ya what, let's require proof of citizenship and proper ID for one election and see what happens to the numbers showing up to vote. Deal?

You mean Republican efforts to disenfranchise legitimate voters?

Tell you what - let's have evidence that it's a serious problem first. The data so far says it isn't, and more to the point if someone was going to throw an election this would be the hardest way to do it - if not impossible.
The "studies" that claim that there is no significant voter fraud all use conviction statistics vs number of votes cast.

How many people illegally possessed marijuana in the USA today?

How many of them get busted?

THINK!

Umh...do I understand this correctly...you're proposing new laws be made based on entirely hypothetical - NOT PROVEN - situations?

Voter fraud is plain and simple - a horribly inefficient way to swing an election. That's the main reason it's so uncommon.
Do you have any proof that it is uncommon?

Tell ya what, let's require proof of citizenship and proper ID for one election and see what happens to the numbers showing up to vote. Deal?

Tell you what - let's have evidence that it's a serious problem first. The data so far says it isn't, and more to the point if someone was going to throw an election this would be the hardest way to do it - if not impossible.
The "studies" that claim that there is no significant voter fraud all use conviction statistics vs number of votes cast.

THINK!

Umh...do I understand this correctly...you're proposing new laws be made based on entirely hypothetical - NOT PROVEN - situations?

Voter fraud is plain and simple - a horribly inefficient way to swing an election. That's the main reason it's so uncommon.

I've posted articles and links about it already.

THINK!

None of them provide any proof to support your ridiculous negative assertion, jackass.

THINK!

None of them provide any proof to support your ridiculous negative assertion, jackass.

Mr. Donkeybutt, neither do you. Just lots of "the sky is fallling ahhhhh" shit.

It hasn't fallen.

In case you didn't notice.

THINK!

It hasn't fallen.

Your concession is respectfully accepted.

It hasn't fallen.

The sky still hasn't fallen...in case you didn't notice :)

LOL The OP's article tries to sell there is no voter fraud then tries to point out there is republican voter fraud. What a waste of 10 minutes reading that garbage

How many verified cases of voter fraud have their been in the last several elections?

Who challenged an election to the SCOTUS? Oh right, the democrats.

Back up. Challenging it when the results are close AFTER the election isn't the issue though I think Gore should have let it go.

All the democrats accused Jeb Bush of fixing the election and the woman in charge of the election of wrong doing, after smearing her about her make-up. The point being, it is democrats that have cried the loudest about fraud.

It hasn't fallen.

The sky still hasn't fallen...in case you didn't notice :)
Are you one of those global warming idiots?

Except it does. And voter ID aren't the only new Jim Crow laws. The bottom line is you don't want eligible citizens who don't agree with you voting. So you conger up some purely insane notion that in-person voter impersonation is a huge national problem.

Yet, all the evidence suggests it is essentially nonexistent.

So the laws are racist. Period.

Wow, it's amazing how brainwashing works.

So once again: My state decides to adopt Voter-ID laws. The law states that all voters must have an approved form of picture identification. So I (as a Republican) have to obtain this Voter-ID card, and my black neighbor has to obtain this Voter-ID card. How would this new law favor me over my neighbor???

THINK!

Here's a proven, the WI mall shooter, a resident alien registered and voted in 3 elections.

Solution, require proof of citizenship and residence in the precinct to register to vote, require ID to vote. Restart all voter rolls from scratch with the above criteria and check it against felon lists.

THINK!

Here's a proven, the WI mall shooter, a resident alien registered and voted in 3 elections.

Solution, require proof of citizenship and residence in the precinct to register to vote, require ID to vote. Restart all voter rolls from scratch with the above criteria and check it against felon lists.

Yup.

No one has said it never occurs but it's rare.

There are stiff penalties for voter fraud. That should be sufficient since it isn't common.

Voter rolls need to be purged but the issue with that is it's not centralized - it's up to each jurisdiction.

Checking against felon lists - depends on the state. In some states convicted felons can vote once they've served out their penalty.

Yup.

There are stiff penalties for voter fraud. That should be sufficient since it isn't common.

You have no idea if it's common or not. If people get away with it every election and not get caught, then it's getting caught that's rare--not voter fraud. That's like saying speeders on the highway are rare because there are no police to give out tickets to the speeders.

And as some of my stories pointed out, there were situations in the past where more people voted than were on the voter roles. Even if 80% of the voters come out and vote, that's unbelievable as well.

THINK!

Yup.

Voter rolls need to be purged but the issue with that is it's not centralized - it's up to each jurisdiction.

Checking against felon lists - depends on the state. In some states convicted felons can vote once they've served out their penalty.

Except you can't prove there's not 10s of millions just like this guy, can you? He went undetected till he committed another crime and they started checking his records and up pops a voter registration. That's why we need to start the voter rolls from scratch, then we'll have an idea how many people shouldn't be on them. You still haven't explained why you regressives are so set against ensuring the integrity of the vote. And don't give me this crap that people are too stupid to get the required documents, if they are that damned stupid they shouldn't be voting anyways.

THINK!

Yup.

Except you can't prove there's not 10s of millions just like this guy, can you? He went undetected till he committed another crime and they started checking his records and up pops a voter registration. That's why we need to start the voter rolls from scratch, then we'll have an idea how many people shouldn't be on them. You still haven't explained why you regressives are so set against ensuring the integrity of the vote. And don't give me this crap that people are too stupid to get the required documents, if they are that damned stupid they shouldn't be voting anyways.

You know...when you default to "you regressives"....why should I want to even discuss this with you?

Yup.

You have no idea if it's common or not. If people get away with it every election and not get caught, then it's getting caught that's rare--not voter fraud. That's like saying speeders on the highway are rare because there are no police to give out tickets to the speeders.

And as some of my stories pointed out, there were situations in the past where more people voted than were on the voter roles. Even if 80% of the voters come out and vote, that's unbelievable as well.

You don't know that either - you assume they just don't get caught.

What's more meaningful is - why commit VOTER fraud? It's the worst way to try and swing an election compared to other methods of fraud. Most of those caught thought they were genuinely eligable to vote as opposed to trying to commit deliberate fraud. That's why it's a solution in search of a problem - not a problem in search of a solution.

Is it enough of a problem to take the risk in disenfranchising legitimate voters? I don't think so.

The Democrat party's concern is that they are too lazy to get an ID. They can't say it, but it's the truth.

Democrats will vote as long as it's as convenient as buying a gallon of milk from the store; the polls open late enough, having weeks to vote instead of one day, mail in ballots because they are too lazy to stand in line, somebody giving them a ride to the polls, being able to register at just about any government location.

The Democrat party's concern is that they are too lazy to get an ID. They can't say it, but it's the truth.

Democrats will vote as long as it's as convenient as buying a gallon of milk from the store; the polls open late enough, having weeks to vote instead of one day, mail in ballots because they are too lazy to stand in line, somebody giving them a ride to the polls, being able to register at just about any government location.

Nothing to do with lazyness.

What's more meaningful is - why commit VOTER fraud? It's the worst way to try and swing an election compared to other methods of fraud. Most of those caught thought they were genuinely eligable to vote as opposed to trying to commit deliberate fraud. That's why it's a solution in search of a problem - not a problem in search of a solution.

Is it enough of a problem to take the risk in disenfranchising legitimate voters? I don't think so.

That is correct, I'm assuming just as you are. So there is only one way to stop it when it does happen, and that is a preventative measure to make sure it doesn't.

And how would you disenfranchise anybody by having all voters adhere to one law?

That is correct, I'm assuming just as you are. So there is only one way to stop it when it does happen, and that is a preventative measure to make sure it doesn't.

And how would you disenfranchise anybody by having all voters adhere to one law?

Same argument would apply to the poll tax.

Forum List

Back