🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Riot Control: DHS Spends $500,000 on Fully Automatic Pepper Spray Launchers

The Boston PD has a tank. Why?

Don't ask me.

What does that have to do with these paintball guns?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It doesn't, but you brought up the Abrams tank. I'm just pointing out that there are police departments with heavy military equipment. The OP aside, the concern is not all paranoia.
Interesting article:

(Excerpt)

The main culprit was a 1994 law authorizing the Pentagon to donate surplus military equipment to local police departments. In the 17 years since, literally millions of pieces of equipment designed for use on a foreign battlefield have been handed over for use on U.S. streets, against U.S. citizens. Another law passed in 1997 further streamlined the process. As National Journal reported in 2000, in the first three years after the 1994 law alone, the Pentagon distributed 3,800 M-16s, 2,185 M-14s, 73 grenade launchers, and 112 armored personnel carriers to civilian police agencies across America. Domestic police agencies also got bayonets, tanks, helicopters and even airplanes

A Decade After 9/11, Police Departments Are Increasingly Militarized

(Close)

The OP aside, the concern is not all paranoia.

Either this Government is going to come down with the Iron Fist of Stalin; or, it's not going to do anything.

There is no in between such as "not all paranoia."

Either this Government is conspiring against us, and has been for at least a decade. Or, it's not.

You took a "Purple Pill."

Either take the Red Pill, and realize that we're headed towards catastrophe, or take the Blue Pill and join Moonglow and DoctorisIn.

Last edited:
The Boston PD has a tank. Why?

Don't ask me.

What does that have to do with these paintball guns?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It doesn't, but you brought up the Abrams tank. I'm just pointing out that there are police departments with heavy military equipment. The OP aside, the concern is not all paranoia.

No, I didn't bring up the Abrams tank. That was RandallFlagg:

Yeah, I guess you're right. I suppose that I can see where a police department in Des Moines would need a BFV with a 20mm gun on it. Hell, why not give them an M1 Abrams? Probably need that firepower for the little punks that are out there running around on a Friday night, right?

And I understand that there are plenty of legitimate concerns about the militarization of law enforcement.

But this thread isn't about one of them.

The OP aside, the concern is not all paranoia.

Either this Government is going to come down with the Iron Fist of Stalin; or, it's not going to do anything.

There is no in between such as "not all paranoia."

Either this Government is conspiring against us, and has been for at least a decade. Or, it's not.

You took a "Purple Pill."

Either take the Red Pill, and realize that we're headed towards catastrophe, or take the Blue Pill and join Moonglow and DoctorisIn.

It's like you're a cartoon. It's hard to believe that you're a real person. I can't take you seriously at all.

Forum List

Back