Robert O'Rourke wants to ban and confiscate rifles, shotguns and handguns

When's has the last "gun control" measure prompted you to violence, over capitulation? The same response will meet the next..

Gun control measures prompt the vast majority to passive resistance, dumbfuck. We don't look for a fight, we just don't comply. YOU are the criminals after all, you are breaking the law of the land.
What law is he breaking? And the demo commies are going to start a war.

He is breaking the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, it is the law of the land.
How so? how?

Confiscating rifles, shotguns, and handguns is a direct violation of the Constitution.
Where did he say he wanted to do that? I must have missed it.

It would be a pretty basic routine to ha keep respond to, and I investigate all reported gunshot incidents. Someone hears gunshots in the distance..? Leo converges on said area, and investgates... Before too awful long most folks won't even want to dust off their guns, and practice using them.

Oh, is that what you think, doofus?

First off, what makes you think police officers want to die for your war against the United States Constitution? Secondly, what makes you think they would win, even if they were so stupid as to try? Take a typical block in the suburbs of Dallas, even if the cops were so stupid to start kicking in doors, they would have the entire block to deal with, not just one victim.

But, you fuckers want a civil war, you need to fight it yourselves, don't depend on cops to die for your war against freedom.
If you though I was one of the anti 2A types... You were sorely mistaken.
As to having to deal with the whole block..? Thanks for that one. I needed a good hearty laugh. Ask yourself this."If you see Leo's removing guns from your neighbors property; are you gonna step out the door, and start emptying brass"? Yeah... Neither are your neighbors when it's your turn...

It would be a pretty basic routine to ha keep respond to, and I investigate all reported gunshot incidents. Someone hears gunshots in the distance..? Leo converges on said area, and investgates... Before too awful long most folks won't even want to dust off their guns, and practice using them.

First off, what makes you think police officers want to die for your war against the United States Constitution? Secondly, what makes you think they would win, even if they were so stupid as to try? Take a typical block in the suburbs of Dallas, even if the cops were so stupid to start kicking in doors, they would have the entire block to deal with, not just one victim.

But, you fuckers want a civil war, you need to fight it yourselves, don't depend on cops to die for your war against freedom.
As to having to deal with the whole block..? Thanks for that one. I needed a good hearty laugh. Ask yourself this."If you see Leo's removing guns from your neighbors property; are you gonna step out the door, and start emptying brass"? Yeah... Neither are your neighbors when it's your turn...

Well, the mutual defense pact we all signed says we will. If the rubber ever hits the road, I'd like to think I'd stand up.

All that is needed for democrats to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

When's has the last "gun control" measure prompted you to violence, over capitulation? The same response will meet the next..

Gun control measures prompt the vast majority to passive resistance, dumbfuck. We don't look for a fight, we just don't comply. YOU are the criminals after all, you are breaking the law of the land.
I'm the criminal? Lol... For what exactly? For pointing out that the majority of blowhards are always pining on about being "law abiding gun owners", ie "the safe, good, gun owners." Are the first to bend knee to new regulations in the hope's that big brother let's them keep their guns. Because hey your following the rules. Well... The rules change, but the blowhards tune seldom does. %99 of these so called internet patriots are the first to brag about their capitulation to already overreaching infringements on the 2A. And that's unlikely to change as the noose tightens...

Well, the mutual defense pact we all signed says we will. If the rubber ever hits the road, I'd like to think I'd stand up.

I re-read all Vastators posts in this thread and didn't see where he made any such claim that he wanted to disarm people. Could you be mistaken?

What law is he breaking? And the demo commies are going to start a war.

He is breaking the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, it is the law of the land.
How so? how?

Confiscating rifles, shotguns, and handguns is a direct violation of the Constitution.
From whom have I ever confiscated weapons from in the US?

That's right. The problem is we have is no organization, so each one of us, mostly anyway, will turn over the guns or die on a shoot out. I won't let them take mine if I can resist.

I re-read all Vastators posts in this thread and didn't see where he made any such claim that he wanted to disarm people. Could you be mistaken?

Looks like I probably was about his position. Nevertheless, the usual reaction to "gun control laws" is passive resistance, people simply don't obey them.

Per Bob's campaign website:
  • Ban Assault Weapons, Trigger Cranks, Silencers, Bump Stocks, and High-Capacity Magazines. Since the assault weapons ban expired in 2004, mass shootings have skyrocketed and become deadlier. Beto will work with Congress to ban the manufacturing, sale, and possession of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
  • Implement a national buyback program for banned assault weapons and handguns. Weapons of war belong on the battlefield, not in our communities or on our streets. Beto is calling for a mandatory buyback program for assault weapons and voluntary buyback for handguns. To create a funding stream for buybacks, Beto will increase the excise tax on gun manufacturers and fines imposed on gun traffickers, and will enable ATF to purchase any banned assault weapons presented to the agency. Individuals who fail to participate in the mandatory buyback of assault weapons will be fined.
  • Make it harder for people to stockpile weapons. As president, Beto will limit individuals to one gun purchase per month and direct ATF to deem any individual or business that sells over five guns in a single year a gun “dealer.” Dealers are subject to background check requirements.
Beto O’Rourke - Official Website

The first, most obvious, question:
- How will Bob know who has and who hasn't sold back or turned in their 'assault weapons'?

Question to follow:
- How will Bob know who has and who hasn't sold back or turned in their "high capacity" magazines?
- Why does Bob think any of this passes constitutional muster?
Lie much?

Beto is calling for a mandatory buyback program for assault weapons and voluntary buyback for handguns.

A Voluntary buyback is in no way confiscating...and shotguns were not mentioned

So tell the class dumb ass, how does the government "buyback" something they never owned in the first place?

• Ban Assault Weapons, Trigger Cranks, Silencers, Bump Stocks, and High-Capacity Magazines. Since the assault weapons ban expired in 2004, mass shootings have skyrocketed and become deadlier. Beto will work with Congress to ban the manufacturing, sale, and possession of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
  • Implement a national buyback program for banned assault weapons and handguns. Weapons of war belong on the battlefield, not in our communities or on our streets. Beto is calling for a mandatory buyback program for assault weapons and voluntary buyback for handguns. To create a funding stream for buybacks, Beto will increase the excise tax on gun manufacturers and fines imposed on gun traffickers, and will enable ATF to purchase any banned assault weapons presented to the agency. Individuals who fail to participate in the mandatory buyback of assault weapons will be fined.
  • Make it harder for people to stockpile weapons. As president, Beto will limit individuals to one gun purchase per month and direct ATF to deem any individual or business that sells over five guns in a single year a gun “dealer.” Dealers are subject to background check requirements.

- How will Bob know who has and who hasn't sold back or turned in their 'assault weapons'?

Question to follow:
- How will Bob know who has and who hasn't sold back or turned in their "high capacity" magazines?
Meantime O'Rourke has about 2% support in the primaries, so why does anyone care what he thinks?

Looks like I probably was about his position. Nevertheless, the usual reaction to "gun control laws" is passive resistance, people simply don't obey them.
Without organization that is all we can do, except turn them in when the demand is made or shoot them and die. Gonna die anyway.

O'Rourke will not be the Democratic nominee; indeed, his advocacy for such a policy has ended his political career – at least in Texas.

And O'Rourke likely knows this – hence his advocacy for such a naïve and untenable policy; he’s falling on his sword in the service of a firearm regulatory measure what will never come to pass.

There might be a tiny minority of Democrats who support O'Rourke’s proposal – but the vast majority of Democrats want nothing to do with compelling Americans to ‘buy back’ their guns; it will guarantee a second Trump term.

O'Rourke is not the only candidate advocating this shit, stop playing fucking word games. Sanders, Booker, fauxcahunches and others could be substituted for the beta.

O'Rourke will not be the Democratic nominee; indeed, his advocacy for such a policy has ended his political career – at least in Texas.

And O'Rourke likely knows this – hence his advocacy for such a naïve and untenable policy; he’s falling on his sword in the service of a firearm regulatory measure what will never come to pass.

There might be a tiny minority of Democrats who support O'Rourke’s proposal – but the vast majority of Democrats want nothing to do with compelling Americans to ‘buy back’ their guns; it will guarantee a second Trump term.

O'Rourke is not the only candidate advocating this shit, stop playing fucking word games. Sanders, Booker, fauxcahunches and others could be substituted for the beta.

Notice they never detail the how of their plan?

True. No organization... That's part of the false bravado

That's right. The problem is we have is no organization, so each one of us, mostly anyway, will turn over the guns or die on a shoot out. I won't let them take mine if I can resist.
True. No organization... That's part of the false bravado one sees amongst these 2A elitists. What I mean by elitists, is these are the people who proudly, and loudly proclaim why they should be allowed to keep their guns. They don't give an actual shit about anybody else as long as they can get, and keep theirs. Meanwhile our government has neutered the 2A, and is steadily building a second class of citizenry (subjects) who are considered "prohibited persons"; much to the cheering of the elitists who are thankful to not be counted amongst them. Yet...

Post quotes showing this then

Question to follow:
Meantime O'Rourke has about 2% support in the primaries, so why does anyone care what he thinks?
Funny how none of the anti-gun loons, or other Democrats, disagree with him.

Question to follow:
Bob is an idiot.

Forum List

Back