Roe overturned

This logic...."The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision,

The same can be said of marriage, thus both same sex marriage and interracial marriage could undone on a Fed level.

The same thing can be said of birth control, thus the legality of birth control could be undone on a Fed level.
In fact the leaked SC Alito memo referenced those exact issues

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The right wing court has taken a constitutional right.

Kristi Noem, governor of South Dakota, where abortion is now illegal, announces a special legislative session later this year to "help mothers" in some way.

“We must do what we can to help mothers in crisis know that there are options and resources available for them."

I am bothered by the notion that 50 years of legal precedent can be dismissed merely by a change in the membership of the court. That seems a bad road to go down.

I am also interested to see if this has any impact on the mid-terms.
They legalized gay marriage after how many years? They made slavery illegal after how many years? You need to learn to be progressive and realize change is inevitable.

Let's hope that Congress acts to finally fix the issue instead of ignoring their duty for 50 years.

FWBtGSzWAAYC3Dn

I don't see it that way. With Roe we are talking about an innocent human life at stake, it is much more unique than the issues that you are comparing it to.

Justice Thomas agrees that the logic can apply to the things I listed.

The real question do the others? We really have no way of knowing since they were so dishonest in their conformation hearings.

She disagreed with decision, because Congress should have codified into law.

Guess what’s coming?
RBG said that women's rights to abortion should be found in the equal protection clause of the 14th. And imho, she was right. But at the time Roe was decided, there was a social/political "uproar" over women suffering medical consequences of botched abortions, and the Scotus was all male, so I think the mistake by Blackmun and the Court is/was understanable.

I’m just fine fruitcake. A lot of women who will be dead because of this decision soon aren’t having a good one though.

This some kind of a game to you fruitcake?
What a dunce.

Even the radical feminists acknowledge that abortion is killing.

Your sob story about the hypothetical "women who will be dead" moves the needle not at all.

You can do your part by giving YOUR money, not taxpayer money, for travel expenses to states that allow abortion.

When you going to start?

Justice Thomas agrees that the logic can apply to the things I listed.

The real question do the others? We really have no way of knowing since they were so dishonest in their conformation hearings.

We'll see I guess, but I still see this as a unique issue, and therefore worthy of NOT being used as any precedent for other changes.

Forum List

Back