Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

I wanted to address this statement of yours separately. That is true today, but by handing over women's reproductive rights to the states. You give the state the right to force women to have abortions in the future if it is deemed necessary. And the world is hurling very fast towards being overpopulated. During such a Time having more children would probably be detrimental to society and deemed illegal.
Theoretically yes. Although that is a bit far-fetched from a practical standpoint IMO.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. It will be unpopular.

That's besides the point actually. The leaked argumentation is simply flawed since Alito has to immediately say that he won't apply the same logic to other potential cases that will be brought before the Supreme Court.

Just like Lisa's argument that she wants "the people" decide is flawed because that's exactly what the status quo allowed, and she is arguing for taking the choice away from "the people"
I wasn't disagreeing with you. It will be unpopular.

That's besides the point actually. The leaked argumentation is simply flawed since Alito has to immediately say that he won't apply the same logic to other potential cases that will be brought before the Supreme Court.

Just like Lisa's argument that she wants "the people" decide is flawed because that's exactly what the status quo allowed, and she is arguing for taking the choice away from "the people"
Lisa made no sense at all. The way you worded your response threw me off. It's late I'm going to bed. I'm just sorry that a few bad apples are making us go through all this crap again.

Theoretically yes. Although that is a bit far-fetched from a practical standpoint IMO.
You don't think so in about 20 or 30 years if they are giving this power over us now. I am quite certain that the future this world faces is going to be horrific.

Lisa made no sense at all. The way you worded your response threw me off. It's late I'm going to bed. I'm just sorry that a few bad apples are making us go through all this crap again.
It seems to me backtracking is kind of a sign of the times. The US is becoming less tolerant and more partisan by the minute. And that's because of bad apples on both sides, although I don't think the blame is equal.

Have a good night.

In 20 or 30 years anything can happen. I do believe that if by that time any state in the US is actually contemplating forcing abortion on woman. That particular issue would be the least of our worries. It would mean absolutely extreme solutions are contemplated. Wich suggests extreme problems. Problems that make constitutional law kind of moot.

That's exactly where this world is headed. Humans don't seem to be able to help themselves.

That's exactly where this world is headed. Humans don't seem to be able to help themselves.
Lol, having trouble sleeping?

I'm an optimist by nature. I believe that humans, when the need is high enough, are capable of solving nearly any problem. How much of that is hope and how much is reality I wouldn't know.

As I have said that was times before I use a voice machine to print out the words because I have bad arthritis in my hands. Of course it's supposed to be Roe versus Wade there's no deception intended there. And where did I say it was men against women ? I'm sorry but you're adding your thoughts to the conversation and not concentrating on what I'm saying. It's getting late maybe you're tired I know I am I had a very rewarding day and I'm about to go to bed so keep worrying about things that aren't your concern and I'm sure you'll get a lot more wrinkles and have a less satisfying life. That's about all the good it's going to do you. You see things very strangely. I'm not sure I can continue talking to you. There's no Goodwill in your tone of voice. You keep trying to put words in my mouth that you are thinking.
I did not know you use a voice machine, so I figured when you typed bro against Roe, you were implying it was a men against women thing.

As far your comment that I keep worrying about things that aren’t my concern, what are YOU doing? You’re a man and will never need an abortion, yet you feel it is your right to declare people living in other states what their abortion laws should be.

Finally, when you complain that there’s no goodwill in MY voice, remember that YOU called ME a “loser” because I wouldn’t agree you with wish to violate the Constitution….that I see things very strangely…etc. So you name-call and insult women who disagree with you, and then you have the nerve to say there‘s no goodwill in MY voice?!

You are such a typical liberal. Sanctimonious and unable to see how hypocritical you are. You hold yourself up as superior to those who don’t agree with you, and announce you are “the voice of women”. NO. You are the voice of women who want to disregard states’ rights. Other women you insult.

It seems to me that a 7-2 decision by judges nominated by both parties is a hell of a lot less activist than a 5-4 decision rammed through by a majority consisting exclusively of judges nominated by Conservative judges. Wouldn't you say?

Coming back to your "activism" claim. A judge that in his legal argument claim immediately puts in caveats to which his argumentation doesn't apply isn't so much making a legal argument as he is justifying activism.

As for "the people" deciding. They already do. NOBODY is forcing anybody to have an abortion.
No, the people are not deciding. A slim majority of the entire nation wants to go against the Constitution, and a large minority of the entire nation want it to revert to states’ rights, as would be the correct decision.

As far as “if I don’t want an abortion, don’t have one,” that’s anither simplistic liberal statement I’ve heard before. If I think it’s wrong that someone robbed a neighbor‘s house, would you say “if you think it’s wrong to rob a neighbor’s house, don’t do it”?

No, the people are not deciding. A slim majority of the entire nation wants to go against the Constitution, and a large minority of the entire nation want it to revert to states’ rights, as would be the correct decision.
Read the 14th amendment to the constitution.

Of course, I've never quite understood misogynistic pricks like you, telling a woman in what manner she should have her kids. It's none of your damn business.
Do you notice how it’s the men insisting on all states having to allow abortion, and insulting or instructing women? A BIG part of this is that the men like the idea that if they knock up a woman, she can just “get rid of it”?

I once had a pregnancy scare - about a week late, which never happened. When I told my boyfriend about it, he said “well, we’ll just get rid of it.” When I told him I couldn’t do that, he said if I decided to keep it, that I earned enough money and that he wouldn’t be involved in the support. Clearly, the guys like the idea that the woman get get rid of it, and they‘d be off the hook.

(End of story: period came a few days later, and I broke up with the louse due to his reaction.)

Birthright citizenship. What does the fact that illegals are streaming in here and having babies have to do with forcing all states to permit abortions as late as they want?
This is actually a good example of people like you only reading the headlines and not the story.

The 14th amendment said a lot (5 sections worth). You should read ALL of it.

The democrats established people have a "right to privacy"

Republicans want the government in everybodies bedroom.
And the “right to privacy” is the clause that was perverted in order to yield to the liberals’ demands.

If I sneak into my neighbor’s house and kill their baby, do I have the right to declare, in my defense, “hey, what I do is private!”?

No, because right to privacy does not extend when another life is at stake.

You don't think so in about 20 or 30 years if they are giving this power over us now. I am quite certain that the future this world faces is going to be horrific.
Oh, and out they come with the scare tactics! What “power” are “they” having over you? The states get to determine at what stage, if any, you get to terminate a life.

The sneaky, unethical leaker sure got her wish. Send the entire country into a massive argument - Democrats’ tactics are always about divisiveness, and the “you’re a racist” lie was wearing thin - so the POS decided to do this.

No, because right to privacy does not extend when another life is at stake.

What about assisted suicide?

Another life is at stake, yet several states have said the government should honor their right to privacy in that instance.

Oh, you sanctimonious liberals know so much better?

Let‘s start with the government halting all their massive giveaways and have people WORK to support themselves. You America-haters want to turn this country into one where 60.% of the people can’t “help themselves” and have to have the minority support them.

Forum List

Back