Russian Hackers May Have Affected 2016 Election Vote Totals

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
After all the Trumpers assured us that the vote totals weren't hacked.

The Hard Truth Keeps Trickling Out, Little by Little

upload_2017-9-3_20-0-42.png

The butthurt folks are back to the fake news "Russia meddling" hoax yet again that the Swamp came up with. :p Just apply Prep H and move on!

And they have the best hookers.

The butthurt folks are back to the fake news "Russia meddling" hoax yet again that the Swamp came up with. :p Just apply Prep H and move on!
Thank Jeebus Don drained the swamp.

Trumpā€™s Watered-Down Ethics Rules Let a Lobbyist Help Run an Agency He Lobbied ā€” ProPublica

Trump Campaigned Against Lobbyists, but Now Theyā€™re on His Transition Team

Is Donald Trump Draining the Swamp?

Donors and lobbyists already shaping Trumpā€™s ā€˜drain the swampā€™ administration

Trump Names Mortgage Industry Lobbyist to HUD Transition Team

Donald Trump Puts Coal Lobbyist in Charge of Prosecuting Environmental Crimes

Only Lobbyists Can Help Trump ā€˜Drain the Swampā€™

Another of Donā€™s Swamp Rats Bails ā€¦

... just before publication of this New Yorker article. Must be "fake" n shit.

Icahnā€™s role was novel. He would be an adviser with a formal title, but he would not receive a salary, and he would not be required to divest himself of any of his holdings, or to make any disclosures about potential conflicts of interest. ā€œCarl Icahn will be advising the President in his individual capacity,ā€ Trumpā€™s transition team asserted.

In the months after the election, the stock price of CVR, Icahnā€™s refiner, nearly doubledā€”a surge that is difficult to explain without acknowledging the appointment of the companyā€™s lead shareholder to a White House position. The rally meant a personal benefit for Icahn, at least on paper, of half a billion dollars. There was an expectation in the marketā€”an expectation created, in part, by Icahnā€™s own remarksā€”that, with Trump in the White House and Icahn playing consigliere, the rules were about to change, and not just at the E.P.A. Icahnā€™s empire ranges across many economic sectors, from energy to pharmaceuticals to auto supplies to mining, and all of them are governed by the types of regulations about which he would now potentially be advising Trump.

Janet McCabe, who left the E.P.A. in January, and now works at the Environmental Law and Policy Center, told me, ā€œIā€™m not naĆÆve. People in business try to influence the government. But the job of the government is to serve the American people, not the specific business interests of the Presidentā€™s friends. To think that you have somebody with that kind of agenda bending the Presidentā€™s ear is troubling.ā€

Conflicts of interest have been a defining trait of the Trump Administration. The President has not only refused to release his tax returns; he has declined to divest from his companies, instead putting them in a trust managed by his children. Questions have emerged about the ongoing business ties of his daughter and son-in-law, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, who, since Trump took office, have reaped nearly two hundred million dollars from the Trump hotel in Washington, D.C., and from other investments. Although Trump promised to ā€œdrain the swamp,ā€ he has assembled a Cabinet of ultra-rich Americans, including two billionaires: Betsy DeVos, the Secretary of Education, and Wilbur Ross, the Secretary of Commerce.

But Icahn is worth more than the Trump family and all the members of the Cabinet combinedā€”and, with no constraint on his license to counsel the President on regulations that might help his businesses, he was poised to become much richer. Robert Weissman, who runs the watchdog group Public Citizen, told me, ā€œThis kind of self-enrichment and influence over decision-making by an individual mogul who is simultaneously inside and outside the Administration is unprecedented. In terms of corruption, thereā€™s nothing like it. Maybe ever.ā€ In conversations with me, financiers who have worked with Icahn described his appointment as a kind of corporate raid on Washington. One said, ā€œItā€™s the cheapest takeover Carlā€™s ever done.ā€

Carl Icahnā€™s Failed Raid on Washington

Statistically, Clinton needed a 3.7% national lead entering Election Day to have a 50% chance at the electoral college. Most polls showed her up less than 3%.

I posted this three weeks in advance of the election.

So did the RUSSIANS hack the national polls as well?

If not, then this is simply stupid.

upload_2017-9-3_19-36-1.png

upload_2017-9-3_19-35-34.png

Obama encouraged all the illegals to vote, those 3 millions of "popular votes" must have been illegal votes.

Make your citizens show ID for voting and only after that blame Russia or somebody else. Otherwise you look pretty stupid, liberals.

Last edited:
Didn't obama assure us the elections couldn't be hacked?

He did... the stance of his administration was consistent: Do not do anything to undermine the election by undermining the voting process. They even kept info on trump under their hats until after the election.

"Did nothing".... not so. They immediately instituted a plan to protect our voting systems. What, exactly, would you have had them do? And please spare me the left/right nonsense, thank you in advance.

The article is from June. Why is it all that big of a deal now?

I commented because the topic (if not the article) is still relevant. Unless you think the Russians have learned their lesson and plan to play nice form now on. ;)

The article is from June. Why is it all that big of a deal now?

I commented because the topic (if not the article) is still relevant. Unless you think the Russians have learned their lesson and plan to play nice form now on. ;)

IF it were true, with this being September and this article coming out in June, we would have heard a hell of a lot more about it. No one has said a peep. I'm guessing the OP just happened across this article and posted it without checking the date.

Forum List

Back