Russians Under Sanctions

I hope soon to put up a Ukraine family and yes we all pray for peace. I hope the leaders realize the pain they are causing their people.

A couple in Russia last weeks grocery shopping,
'"

I think the average Russian makes about $216.00 a week, so one must know that in order to understand the effect of the prices they are dealing with there after sanctions went into place.

I hope soon to put up a Ukraine family and yes we all pray for peace. I hope the leaders realize the pain they are causing their people.

Make sure they don't slit your throat at night and assume your identity.

One product I noticed was Barilla pasta. How will they do when the company refuses to sell to Russian stores?

Many of those products appear to be Russian made, so how will a sanction impact that price?

I don't know I just hope the leaders get together and stop the insanity on both sides.

Looks like they are doing pretty darn good for themselves by putting in the work. Some people here should try it, maybe there wouldn't be so many land-whales on the EBT.

One product I noticed was Barilla pasta. How will they do when the company refuses to sell to Russian stores?
I guess it'll be like what Biden had professed to in the SOTU, otherwise when he said no longer will it be the choice to not buy American, but rather it will become the rule to buy American. Sounds American 1st enough to me, but dang don't that sound familiar ?? Hmmm now where did we hear this America 1st agenda before ? Oh that's right it was from the Trump administration.

A couple in Russia last weeks grocery shopping,
'"

Interesting, they kept saying bucks, since the ruble is about worthless. So how worthless is it?

Average wages in Moscow, 113,000 Rubles. That is a month.

The few items I saw would have cost them a weeks worth of pay. That was Butter and such.

Now, if those folks are getting paid in Dollars, they would be rich indeed, but odds are they aren’t being paid in Dollars are they?

Take this one. A half liter bottle of Vodka for 329 Rubles. How many could they buy with an average monthly salary of 113,000 Rubles a month? Not much. Not when they are spending 95 Rubles for a box of Tomato Paste later.

Now, this doesn’t deal with the Inflation either. With a reported 61% inflation, that bottle of Vodka that was 329 Rubles in the video, will be 475 Rubles in a couple days. That monthly salary of 113k Rubles isn’t going to stretch very far is it? Before this new week is out, your Average Russian will be able to eat about three days a week. Maybe.

I guess it'll be like what Biden had professed to in the SOTU, otherwise when he said no longer will it be the choice to not buy American, but rather it will become the rule to buy American. Sounds American 1st enough to me, but dang don't that sound familiar ?? Hmmm now where did we hear this America 1st agenda before ? Oh that's right it was from the Trump administration.

I don't see it happening ,he is just being told to say this since the whole nation is sick of his insane policy's. Why GOP will win by a landslide.

Interesting, they kept saying bucks, since the ruble is about worthless. So how worthless is it?

The few items I saw would have cost them a weeks worth of pay. That was Butter and such.

Now, if those folks are getting paid in Dollars, they would be rich indeed, but odds are they aren’t being paid in Dollars are they?

Take this one. A half liter bottle of Vodka for 329 Rubles. How many could they buy with an average monthly salary of 113,000 Rubles a month? Not much. Not when they are spending 95 Rubles for a box of Tomato Paste later.

Now, this doesn’t deal with the Inflation either. With a reported 61% inflation, that bottle of Vodka that was 329 Rubles in the video, will be 475 Rubles in a couple days. That monthly salary of 113k Rubles isn’t going to stretch very far is it? Before this new week is out, your Average Russian will be able to eat about three days a week. Maybe.

61% thats insane , my goodness! So many are suffering on both sides now.

61% thats insane , my goodness! So many are suffering on both sides now.

Yep. And that is from the Conservative source Hot Air.

That isn’t Liberal nonsense, or Biden supporters. That is the Conservatives saying that the Russian Economy, is already in the crapper, and getting flushed beyond any hope of recovery.

But take the Airlines.

The planes that Aeroflot has now, they can’t afford. Their Leases are up on about half of them. The planes they actually own outright, they can’t fly anywhere because the airspace is closed. Worse, they can’t get those planes repaired. So even the Russian built planes, need parts and components from outside, and those are closed.

So Russian Aviation, which has been improving and becoming world class in safety and performance, if not luxury, is now going to become the worst just because they can’t maintain the planes, and planes that aren’t maintained, crash.

So lets say that the Sanctions are lifted in two years. I think that is far sooner than it will be, but let’s say so for the sake of argument. The Russian Airlines might as well have a Skull and Crossbones as their symbol.

Even then nobody will let Aeroflot fly into their airspace, because the planes won’t have been maintained properly, and won’t have documentation to show it is airworthy. So if the Sanctions are lifted in two years, anyone flying in or out of Russia, will be going by Delta, British Air, Air France, or Lufthansa. They won’t be flying Aeroflot for sure.

Other companies are pulling out, and I don’t mean suspending operations like Twitter or TikTok. I mean actually leaving. IKEA for example, employs about 15,000 Russians, and those are all unemployed although they get a small severance.

IKEA says it is “temporary” but we know better don’t we? They won’t be back until Cold War 2.0 is over, and that isn’t going to end this year or next.

I guess Vlad should have thought of this before starting his war. If they get fed up 61% inflation and rising, maybe they will take him out.

Those prices aren't that bad at all, considering, their shelves are FULL and there is no long lines waiting!

They are better off than we are!

They were propagandizing you. They kept saying it in dollars. The problem is they’re paid in Rubles. And the average wage is about 113,000 Rubles a month in Moscow. Think about that for a moment. I’ll wait.

You just got it didn’t you? The average wage in Moscow, is about $900 a month under the current exchange rate.

9D7F96B5-4679-49DB-8AE4-3304C1F9585E.jpeg

So two bucks for this, three bucks for that sounds reasonable, until you realize that the value of the money is already nearly worthless, and it’s only going to get more so.

And it’s easy to have full shelves when nobody can buy anything because they can’t afford it.

I guess Vlad should have thought of this before starting his war. If they get fed up 61% inflation and rising, maybe they will take him out.

Maybe he doesn't want NATO running his nation, ans I don't give a darn about Putin but also don't think we should keep policing the world yet do understand somebody is going to do it but we need to realize their are limits and this isn't a little nation like Libya or Iraq ,we are pushing on. That clown in Ukraine was set up imo.

Forum List

Back