Ryan 2015 starts with: Repeal Obamacare"

Repealing Obamacare is the starting point?

It's also the finish line for this budget plan.

It isn't going to happen. Why not start with reality?

Ryan wants to stop giving new retirees Medicare, at some point in the future, and give them vouchers instead, that they can use to buy health insurance. These vouchers will not, of course, be tied in any way to the actual cost of health care for seniors.

I don't know why the GOP doesn't just go to Iowa and dig up Herbert Hoover and run him as their next candidate.

Correction, who would be dumb enough NOT to vote for this?

Answer: Obamabots.
You are in favor of the items on that list?!? You are in favor of reducing Social Security? Why? Are those elderly folks living too high on the hog to suit you? You would be in favor of reducing tuition subsidies? Why? Do you think that the cost of higher education is too low? Would you prefer a nation of folks without the benefit of higher education?

Would you like to see the Capital Gains tax eliminated? Are those who do not earn a wage more valuable than those who do? Would you balance the budget on the backs of the poor while you let those who can afford it skip away with lower taxes?

And why ban Gay Marriage? Have any same sex weddings adversely effected your marriage?

Those proposals make for a losing platform for any candidate. Republicans: the Party with the Fringe on the Top.

I never said I was in favor of the items on the list.

Reducing Social Security? I think means testing and maybe raising the retirement age would be a good start.

Healthcare cost is what's hurting the elderly. That could be reined in using free market solutions. Obamacare hurts them worse.

I favor abolishing tuition subsidies. Why? We can't afford it.

No I don't think the cost of higher education is too low.

Why would I want to prefer a nation without the benefit of higher education?

Capital gains tax: Not eliminated but maybe reduced. With the stock market reeling it would be a perfect time to make cuts in capital gain taxes. IMO

"Are those who do not earn a wage more valuable than those who do?"

Define valuable? If you mean more valuable to society as a whole, I would say yes.

"Would you balance the budget on the backs of the poor while you let those who can afford it skip away with lower taxes?"

No.

Marriage should be up to the states and not the federal government.

How would a homosexual marriage affect my marriage?

Those proposals aren't from a Republican. They're from some liberal moron who thinks they know what the Republicans want.
Until I see something different, this IS what the Republicans want. When was the last time you heard of a Republicans call for keeping the tax rate for the rich where it is and lowering the taxes on everyone else? When was the last time a Republican came out in favore of marriage equality? Where's the Republican support for tuition subsidies? One can believe that Republicans feel that higher education should be reserved for. The elites and out of reach for everyone else.

You are in favor of the items on that list?!? You are in favor of reducing Social Security? Why? Are those elderly folks living too high on the hog to suit you? You would be in favor of reducing tuition subsidies? Why? Do you think that the cost of higher education is too low? Would you prefer a nation of folks without the benefit of higher education?

Would you like to see the Capital Gains tax eliminated? Are those who do not earn a wage more valuable than those who do? Would you balance the budget on the backs of the poor while you let those who can afford it skip away with lower taxes?

And why ban Gay Marriage? Have any same sex weddings adversely effected your marriage?

Those proposals make for a losing platform for any candidate. Republicans: the Party with the Fringe on the Top.

I never said I was in favor of the items on the list.

Reducing Social Security? I think means testing and maybe raising the retirement age would be a good start.

Healthcare cost is what's hurting the elderly. That could be reined in using free market solutions. Obamacare hurts them worse.

I favor abolishing tuition subsidies. Why? We can't afford it.

No I don't think the cost of higher education is too low.

Why would I want to prefer a nation without the benefit of higher education?

Capital gains tax: Not eliminated but maybe reduced. With the stock market reeling it would be a perfect time to make cuts in capital gain taxes. IMO

Define valuable? If you mean more valuable to society as a whole, I would say yes.

"Would you balance the budget on the backs of the poor while you let those who can afford it skip away with lower taxes?"

No.

Marriage should be up to the states and not the federal government.

How would a homosexual marriage affect my marriage?

Those proposals aren't from a Republican. They're from some liberal moron who thinks they know what the Republicans want.
Until I see something different, this IS what the Republicans want. When was the last time you heard of a Republicans call for keeping the tax rate for the rich where it is and lowering the taxes on everyone else? When was the last time a Republican came out in favore of marriage equality? Where's the Republican support for tuition subsidies? One can believe that Republicans feel that higher education should be reserved for. The elites and out of reach for everyone else.

You will never see anything different until you stop reading left wing bullshit.

Try this

They're up to maybe 10 million Americans that they would have to take healthcare coverage away from if they repealed the ACA. The Democrats have to run in 2014 with those people at the forefront of their campaigns.

The ACA already took it away from 6M who already had insurance. The Republicans have to run in 2014 with those people at the forefront of their campaign.

How does the money the wealthy have sequestered in off shore accounts benefit our economy? If the rich are such great job creators, why haven't they created jobs? They are richer than ever. The control more of the capital than everyone else. Why aren't they creating jobs? What's with the Conservative obsession with sheltering the rich? What have they done for us lately?

Last time I checked, they are well within the laws of the US tax code. Last time I checked, you guys control the administration and Congress. You're bitching at the wrong people.

Good for him. Finally someone with the understanding and courage to take on the elephant in the room and neuter it. If liberal revered Nate Silver is correct, the Senate will switch contro and finally we can get beyond Harry Reid's one man bottle neck obstructionism to get things moving again.

its the same plan as last time.

poor liberal democrats...they really have no idea of the (well deserved) beating they will be getting in November.

:lol:

How does the money the wealthy have sequestered in off shore accounts benefit our economy? If the rich are such great job creators, why haven't they created jobs? They are richer than ever. The control more of the capital than everyone else. Why aren't they creating jobs? What's with the Conservative obsession with sheltering the rich? What have they done for us lately?

Last time I checked, they are well within the laws of the US tax code. Last time I checked, you guys control the administration and Congress. You're bitching at the wrong people.
Last time I checked, the Republican nominee for President of the United States had off shore accounts. Can you afford one, or do you NEED one to skip your tax bill?

I'd hoped he'd grown past linking social issues to fiscal. Perhaps not. (sigh)

Social issues ARE fiscal issues. They cost money and to spend like you have an unlimited credit card is foolish to anyone other than low information voters.

Dude, it cost serious cash to maintain a first world country. Learn some economics. :badgrin: Also the modern hybrid economic system demands a government strong enough to regulate the economy.

NOT EVERYONE is going to work for the private sector!

Last edited:
At 49 Percent Support, Obamacare Hits a High - ABC News

If this continues and the GOP keep yelling "repeal" instead of "reform", the Senate may remain blue.

poor liberal democrats...they really have no idea of the (well deserved) beating they will be getting in November.

Yep,

Research in science is going to be cut to the bone. America is going to be slipping behind even more...Boy does that bring happiness to your noble soul! Let's cut back on fire fighting resources so half of the country can burn to the ground!:cuckoo:

Yep,

Research in science is going to be cut to the bone. America is going to be slipping behind even more...Boy does that bring happiness to your noble soul! Let's cut back on fire fighting resources so half of the country can burn to the ground!:cuckoo:

The one note horn is blowing again.........science infrastructure r&d!!! - toot toot! ....
Toot toot!! Toot toot!!

:banghead:

I'd hoped he'd grown past linking social issues to fiscal. Perhaps not. (sigh)

Social issues ARE fiscal issues. They cost money and to spend like you have an unlimited credit card is foolish to anyone other than low information voters.

Dude, it cost serious cash to maintain a first world country. Learn some economics. :badgrin: Also the modern hybrid economic system demands a government strong enough to regulate the economy.

NOT EVERYONE is going to work for the private sector!

^^^^^^^^
Example of a low information voter. :eusa_whistle:

Rinse and repeat

NBC News - Breaking News & Top Stories - Latest World, US & Local News

Republican House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan is unveiling his 2015 budget, a 100-page document that would cut spending by $5.1 trillion over the next ten years and spur dramatic changes to social programs.

The plan, which Ryan says would balance the budget over the course of the decade, would repeal the Affordable Care Act, restructure entitlement programs and reshape food stamp programs into block grants

Don't forget increase military spending.

Forum List

Back