Said about John McCain: "As far as I'm concerned, he sat out the war."

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The full quote:

"I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war."

The speaker?

Al Franken (D-MN), who was running for the U.S. Senate in 2008 at the time.

In case you missed the Democrat outrage over this incident, there wasn't any.

But when Donald Trump says something even milder and points out McCain was still a war hero, the leftist fanatics have been erupting in fury and (feigned) outrage.

They don't actually care who says what about John McCain. They just want to use anything they can to destroy Republicans.

This thread already played out yesterday. The main gist was that a comedian and a man in the middle of a Presidential election cannot be compared, and that if Franken were running for President and said that today, it would hurt him and not push him immediately to the top of all polls the way it did with Trump and conservatives.

This thread already played out yesterday. The main gist was that a comedian and a man in the middle of a Presidential election cannot be compared, and that if Franken were running for President and said that today, it would hurt him and not push him immediately to the top of all polls the way it did with Trump and conservatives.

He was running for the Senate. Not running with his comedian hat on.

He was running for the Senate. Not running with his comedian hat on.
He did not run for Senate until almost 10 years later.

It didn't push him over the polls? What the hell are you talking about? We don't know how he's polling since he made the McCain coment. Way to just make shit up.

Oh just STFU.

It didn't push him over the polls? What the hell are you talking about? We don't know how he's polling since he made the McCain coment. Way to just make shit up.
Sure look at TD's other thread bragging about how well he's doing in Iowa despite his comments. He's only number 2 there now though. He'll have to say some more hateful things if he wants to make it to #1.

Sure look at TD's other thread bragging about how well he's doing in Iowa despite his comments. He's only number 2 there now though. He'll have to say some more hateful things if he wants to make it to #1.

Who the hell is TD? Trump made the McCain coment yesterday, was there a new poll that came out today? I don't think so.

Who the hell is TD? Trump made the McCain coment yesterday, was there a new poll that came out today? I don't think so.
TinyDancer, one of the uninformed posters above. I believe her poll was released today, or she wouldn't be squawking about it. There was another one from Nevada today that showed Trump ahead by double digits, which the OP was also bragging about.

That comedian was running for the Senate at the time you dumbass!!

Here's the article where Franklin made the comment, FROM THE YEAR 2000!!!!
What s at stake in the 2000 elections - Salon.com

MONDAY, JAN 10, 2000 12:00 PM EST
What's at stake in the 2000 elections?

Rosa Parks, David Duke, Steve Wozniak, Camille Paglia, Al Franken -- and dozens more -- talk about what inspires and frightens them about the political year ahead.
MICHAEL ALVEAR

See cons this is why you shouldn't get your news from opinion sites.

The full quote:

"I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war."

The speaker?

But when Donald Trump says something even milder and points out McCain was still a war hero, the leftist fanatics have been erupting in fury and (feigned) outrage.

They don't actually care who says what about John McCain. They just want to use anything they can to destroy Republicans.

I have made the point that in the 2008 election many Democrats made comments about McCain that make Trump's comments seem very mild by comparison. Although Franken made the statement in question in 2000, other Democrats--in 2008--accused McCain of having committed disloyal acts as a POW and questioned his war hero status. Some even made fun of his disability. Heck, some Republicans made some very harsh comments about McCain in the 2008 GOP primary.

So, yes, the "outrage" voiced by Democrats and overly sensitive Republicans over Trump's coments is invalid, phony posturing.

Last edited:
There was another one from Nevada today that showed Trump ahead by double digits, which the OP was also bragging about.
Of course, I haven't "bragged about" any polls concerning Trump, or even mentioned any. (yawn)

As I pointed out, all the leftist fanatics can do is make up lies, feign outrage, and try to keep people from discussing what their own party is doing.

The full quote:

The speaker?

I have made the point that in the 2008 election many Democrats made comments about McCain that make Trump's comments seem very mild by comparison. Heck, some Republicans made some very harsh comments about McCain in the 2008 GOP primary.

So, yes, the "outrage" voiced by Democrats and overly sensitive Republicans over Trump's coments is invalid, phony posturing.
Franken's comment was not made in 2008. The OP just gave the comment the Faux News treatment.

There was another one from Nevada today that showed Trump ahead by double digits, which the OP was also bragging about.
I haven't "bragged about" any polls concerning Trump, or even mentioned any. (yawn)

As I pointed out, all the leftist fanatics can do is make up lies and try to keep people from discussing what their own party is doing.
You were not the OP I was talking about in that post.

And when are you going to address your lie in your OP? I see you haven't edited it yet...

Rosa Parks, David Duke, Steve Wozniak, Camille Paglia, Al Franken -- and dozens more -- talk about what inspires and frightens them about the political year ahead.
MICHAEL ALVEAR

So? A comedian is what he does on stage for a living. He's also authored books. He's not a comedian 24/7 but you morons give these guys a pass when they say stupid shit.

MICHAEL ALVEAR

So? A comedian is what he does on stage for a living. He's also authored books. He's not a comedian 24/7 but you morons give these guys a pass when they say stupid shit.
Nice backpedal dumbass.

Forum List

Back