Sanders just submitted college for all bill.

So education is a "hare-brained idea"? I see.

Education handed out as a party favor is a hare-brained idea.
I agree. Education based on academic achievement, however, is an excellent idea. That's the way it used to be, back in the 1950s y'all pine for so much.
Taxes are force. Dont like taxes? Then move somewhere that doesnt have them, like death.

Being responsible for funding your own kid's college, don't demand someone else do it.

Sorry, I dont want to fund your street either but thats not how taxes work.

You get something from funding the streets. I get nothing from funding some kid's college because his parents don't do it.

No I dont, I dont use your street dumbass but I still fund it. Now as soon as you and your neighbors reject funds and manage the maintenance on your street then tell me all about it

I don't use your streets but I still fund it. That makes it a wash if you really want to get to a specific level. However, I meant streets in general.

I get nothing from funding social welfare programs.

you would get as much as I do by funding your street. Improving America

Summary of Sen. Sanders’ College for All Act

Eliminate Undergraduate Tuition at 4-year Public Colleges and Universities. This legislation

would provide $47 billion per year to states to eliminate undergraduate tuition and fees at public

colleges and universities.

Today, total tuition at public colleges and universities amounts to about $70 billion per year. Under

the College for All Act, the federal government would cover 67% of this cost, while the states would

be responsible for the remaining 33% of the cost. (then above it says states get 47 billion a year, so why not have the fed gov to pay the cost)

To qualify for federal funding, states must meet a number of requirements designed to protect

students, ensure quality, and reduce ballooning costs. States will need to maintain spending on their

higher education systems, on academic instruction, and on need-based financial aid. In addition,

colleges and universities must reduce their reliance on low-paid adjunct faculty.

States would be able to use funding to increase academic opportunities for students, hire new faculty,

and provide professional development opportunities for professors.

No funding under this program may be used to fund administrator salaries, merit-based fina

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=filencial aid,

For one thing I do not think colleges should keep raising rates as they are, needs to be a ban placed on the costs, so much of the classroom is done via Skype and well at home on personal computers. I do not believe in tenure either.

also anything free, is well taken for granted.

also a lot of our property tax goes to public schools, the two year college we have and also the 4 year university we have in our county, mileage increases.

Most can't afford higher property taxes, sales tax hikes or state income tax raises, so this is going to affect everyone is it not?

When I went to college, awhile ago, the special interest rate was 9,9% interest on student loans. I'm don't want to go back to that, and I do think college should be affordable to all, but not on the tax payers back.

I'm not understanding this I guess.

How do you propose making college affordable for all? The only proposals I seem to hear form the left involves doing so by making someone else pay for what parents aren't doing.

easy ... you stop waging stupid wars and start making corporations and the top 1% pay the taxes they should and restoring the tax rate that existed prior to shrub becoming president.

funny how the right never thinks there's enough money to do good things but has all the money in the world to subsidize corporations.

In other words, do it your way? You complain that those who actually pay something should pay more yet don't think those who pay nothing should contribute at all.

In case you weren't aware, ALL tax brackets were lowered under Bush not just the upper ones.

If what you propose doing is so good, find someone that can't afford to buy what you think they should have and buy it for them. If it's so good to do so, you shouldn't have a problem voluntarily setting the example first.

Eliminate Undergraduate Tuition at 4-year Public Colleges and Universities. This legislation

would provide $47 billion per year to states to eliminate undergraduate tuition and fees at public

Today, total tuition at public colleges and universities amounts to about $70 billion per year. Under

the College for All Act, the federal government would cover 67% of this cost, while the states would

be responsible for the remaining 33% of the cost. (then above it says states get 47 billion a year, so why not have the fed gov to pay the cost)

To qualify for federal funding, states must meet a number of requirements designed to protect

students, ensure quality, and reduce ballooning costs. States will need to maintain spending on their

higher education systems, on academic instruction, and on need-based financial aid. In addition,

colleges and universities must reduce their reliance on low-paid adjunct faculty.

States would be able to use funding to increase academic opportunities for students, hire new faculty,

No funding under this program may be used to fund administrator salaries, merit-based fina

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=filencial aid,

For one thing I do not think colleges should keep raising rates as they are, needs to be a ban placed on the costs, so much of the classroom is done via Skype and well at home on personal computers. I do not believe in tenure either.

also a lot of our property tax goes to public schools, the two year college we have and also the 4 year university we have in our county, mileage increases.

Most can't afford higher property taxes, sales tax hikes or state income tax raises, so this is going to affect everyone is it not?

When I went to college, awhile ago, the special interest rate was 9,9% interest on student loans. I'm don't want to go back to that, and I do think college should be affordable to all, but not on the tax payers back.

How do you propose making college affordable for all? The only proposals I seem to hear form the left involves doing so by making someone else pay for what parents aren't doing.

easy ... you stop waging stupid wars and start making corporations and the top 1% pay the taxes they should and restoring the tax rate that existed prior to shrub becoming president.

funny how the right never thinks there's enough money to do good things but has all the money in the world to subsidize corporations.

and restoring the tax rate that existed prior to shrub becoming president.

Obama brought back the 39.6% bracket already.

Education handed out as a party favor is a hare-brained idea.
I agree. Education based on academic achievement, however, is an excellent idea. That's the way it used to be, back in the 1950s y'all pine for so much.
Being responsible for funding your own kid's college, don't demand someone else do it.

You get something from funding the streets. I get nothing from funding some kid's college because his parents don't do it.

No I dont, I dont use your street dumbass but I still fund it. Now as soon as you and your neighbors reject funds and manage the maintenance on your street then tell me all about it

I don't use your streets but I still fund it. That makes it a wash if you really want to get to a specific level. However, I meant streets in general.

What guarantee can you provide that funding college on the behalf of the lazy pieces of shit that won't do it for their own kids would improve America. I need proof.

When people say that, I wonder if they know ALL tax brackets went down not just the upper ones?

What guarantee can you provide that funding college on the behalf of the lazy pieces of shit that won't do it for their own kids would improve America. I need proof.

Too bad, you dont run shit. Life doesnt come with guarantees

"for singles making more than $400,000 a year or couples making more than $450,000. The increase was part of the “fiscal cliff” package that Congress passed on New Year’s Day of 2013."

False Tax Claims

Too bad, you dont run shit. Life doesnt come with guarantees

Neither do you. However, if you're going to demand someone be forced to do something you support, having something to back it up goes along with it. You have nothing but "I said so". . Typical leftwing, arrogant asshole. Fuck those kids if their parents don't give a shit about them. If their parents don't care, it damn sure isn't my place or any else's place to do so.

When people say that, I wonder if they know ALL tax brackets went down not just the upper ones?

and I wonder if people like you understand that for most people that was worth a couple of hundred dollars and for the top income earners it was worth a fortune.

"for singles making more than $400,000 a year or couples making more than $450,000. The increase was part of the “fiscal cliff” package that Congress passed on New Year’s Day of 2013."

False Tax Claims

For a family of four making almost $50,000/year, the rate is still zero.

and I wonder if people like you understand that for most people that was worth a couple of hundred dollars and for the top income earners it was worth a fortune.

Irrelevant unless you're willing to support ALL of them going back up.

this move might cost Sanders the nomination. The general folk is too cash strapped right now for this
proposal to fly

IT'S NOT ABOUT "THE GENERAL FOLK," IT'S ABOUT A ONE-HALF PERCENT TAX ON HEDGE FUND TRANSACTIONS!

Trick question: Does anyone here even know what a hedge fund is?

Translated: "You're hurting someone other than yourself, so it's okay!"

Only if you don't understand the issue.

Besides, "end entitlements", "privatize Social Security," "let 'em eat cake," etc., etc. is your party's schtick.

False Tax Claims

Did you want to return all the tax brackets to their former levels?

Doesn't fit their narrative.

Or they just don't know.

for the top income earners it was worth a fortune.

The top rate went from 39.6% all the way down to 35%. Wow!

Or they just don't know.

that's right.. .keep ignoring the actual facts:

False Tax Claims

False Tax Claims

Did you want to return all the tax brackets to their former levels?

Although many say they want tax rates as they were prior to Bush, what they really mean is the highest brackets despite the fact that all were lowered.

for the top income earners it was worth a fortune.

The top rate went from 39.6% all the way down to 35%. Wow!

which is a lot of money if you're paying taxes on in excess of a million dollars, isn't it?

Or they just don't know.

that's right.. .keep ignoring the actual facts:

False Tax Claims

Almost half of the people in this country that earn an income don't pay income taxes. In fact, many get more back than was withheld when filing a return.

Forum List

Back