Sandy Hook families can sue gun manufacturers.

Should crime victims be able to sue gun manufacturers?

• Total voters
Fetuses aren't children? That's your argument? Seriously? Did your mother consider you her child when you were in the womb? On the off chance that you found a willing mate and procreated, were you indifferent to the life growing in your wife's womb? Did you actually care for it once it was born? What is it with you culture of death, pro-abortion types? Why do you hate humanity so much? Did your mother beat you as a child?

Reported for attacking families.

My mom had several miscarriages. She didn't consider that the same as a baby she actualy had and raised. We don't hold funerals over tampons, we put them in the medical waste bin.

Next lame argument?

Sandy Hook families can sue gun industry

BRIDGEPORT — Gun-safety advocates hailed a judge’s ruling that victims’ families can sue the manufacturer of the military-style rifle used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

hey called the Thursday decision by Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellisa landmark in the fight against the epidemic of mass shootings.

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said it was an “important win” for the Newtown families and other victims.

“They deserve their day in court and we are pleased that at least for now they'll get it, despite the defendants' best efforts to derail this case,” Gross said. “Victims of gun violence are not second-class citizens.”

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, who became the state’s leading advocate for gun-control reforms after the Newtown school massacre, said firearms companies should not be allowed blanket immunity from wrongful-death lawsuits.

“I look at this as a moral victory,” Malloy said.

Gun makers, dealers and sellers had claimed the Newtown families did not have legal standing.

But Bellis ruled that the 2005 federal law shielding gun makers from liability does not override the claims by the Sandy Hook families that the Bushmaster XM-15 rifle is a military-style rifle that should never have been marketed to civilians.

The judge’s decisions comes in the middle of a contentious race for the nation’s presidency, in which the Sandy Hook families’ lawsuit has become pivotal.

Bellis ordered participating lawyers to her courtroom Tuesday for a conference to prepare for trial. An appeal of the decision, however, could delay the issue.

Josh Koskoff, the attorney from the Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, representing the Newtown families, said he was pleased with Bellis’s ruling.

“We are thrilled that the gun companies’ motion to dismiss was denied,” Koskoff said in a statement. “The families look forward to continuing their fight in court.”

Attorneys for the defendant gun makers, distributors and dealer did not respond for requests for comment on Thursday.Michael Bazinet, public affairs director for the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation, said the organization is reviewing the decision and has no comment at this time.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, both Democrats, met with gun safety advocates Thursday and called for the repeal of the laws protecting the gun industry from lawsuits.

“It is a historic and seismic step to open the courthouse doors for gun violence survivors and others who have legitimate legal complaints against the gun industry,” said Blumenthal. “It is a powerful impetus and momentum for ongoing reform efforts to stop gun violence that is an epidemic and public health crisis in our nation.”

This next election is CRITICAL...........as there will probably be 3 Supremes nominated.............Here in a lower court..............they say they can now sue the gun manufacturers..................incredible.......

They should sue the store the knowingly sold the guns to the mother of the seriously disturbed boy.

Really? So you are a gun store owner and a woman walks in to buy a gun. You do the legal background check and it's okay for her to purchase a gun. HTF do you know anything about her family or children?

Fetuses aren't children? That's your argument? Seriously? Did your mother consider you her child when you were in the womb? On the off chance that you found a willing mate and procreated, were you indifferent to the life growing in your wife's womb? Did you actually care for it once it was born? What is it with you culture of death, pro-abortion types? Why do you hate humanity so much? Did your mother beat you as a child?

My mom had several miscarriages. She didn't consider that the same as a baby she actualy had and raised. We don't hold funerals over tampons, we put them in the medical waste bin.

Next lame argument?
You have a right to your own opinion, but it's just that - your opinion...
I personally think the federal government should stay out of all things personal that includes family matters, money matters and energy matters...

Last edited:
Because you are an extremist nut bar.

Oh I AM? :lol:

I am for freedom. Freedom for one to decide the path of one's own life, whether other people "agree" with it or not.

It's good that you're sensible regarding the right to protect oneself.

Still, what you advocated in confiscating the earnings of others to give to those the state views as more "needy" precludes your claim of being for freedom.

I can link back to the thread.

Taxes. Lol. Once that money leaves your hands, it's not "yours" anymore. It belongs to US. Just because you want to whine about poor people while excusing corporate welfare? Lol. You are a corporate shill and a peon.

financial assistance, as tax breaks or subsidies,given by the government to profit-makingcompanies, especially large corporations.

Origin of corporate welfare
1990-95, Americanism

the definition of corporate welfare

Walmart and others have never received subsides like those green companies did. Walmart and profit producing companies do pay taxes. When or if they get a tax break, that is also considered corporate welfare even though it's not welfare at all. Taking less from people (or companies) is not welfare in my opinion.

According to the definition above, the term was created during the Clinton administration. Imagine that! So if we end up with President Trump, and he lowers payroll taxes, will you then be receiving welfare???

Is there a constitutional right to smoke?

No, and there isn't one to own guns, either. In fact, the word "Gun" appears nowhere in the constitution.

Moron......I get it....you anti-gun morons went to government schools controlled by the education wing of the democrat party...so reading plain english is beyond your ability....please...let the grown ups talk.........go to your room.

Next lame argument?

I wonder if she wishes she had just one more.........?

BRIDGEPORT — Gun-safety advocates hailed a judge’s ruling that victims’ families can sue the manufacturer of the military-style rifle used in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

hey called the Thursday decision by Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellisa landmark in the fight against the epidemic of mass shootings.

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said it was an “important win” for the Newtown families and other victims.

“They deserve their day in court and we are pleased that at least for now they'll get it, despite the defendants' best efforts to derail this case,” Gross said. “Victims of gun violence are not second-class citizens.”

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, who became the state’s leading advocate for gun-control reforms after the Newtown school massacre, said firearms companies should not be allowed blanket immunity from wrongful-death lawsuits.

Gun makers, dealers and sellers had claimed the Newtown families did not have legal standing.

But Bellis ruled that the 2005 federal law shielding gun makers from liability does not override the claims by the Sandy Hook families that the Bushmaster XM-15 rifle is a military-style rifle that should never have been marketed to civilians.

The judge’s decisions comes in the middle of a contentious race for the nation’s presidency, in which the Sandy Hook families’ lawsuit has become pivotal.

Bellis ordered participating lawyers to her courtroom Tuesday for a conference to prepare for trial. An appeal of the decision, however, could delay the issue.

Josh Koskoff, the attorney from the Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, representing the Newtown families, said he was pleased with Bellis’s ruling.

“We are thrilled that the gun companies’ motion to dismiss was denied,” Koskoff said in a statement. “The families look forward to continuing their fight in court.”

Attorneys for the defendant gun makers, distributors and dealer did not respond for requests for comment on Thursday.Michael Bazinet, public affairs director for the Newtown-based National Shooting Sports Foundation, said the organization is reviewing the decision and has no comment at this time.

U.S. Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, both Democrats, met with gun safety advocates Thursday and called for the repeal of the laws protecting the gun industry from lawsuits.

“It is a historic and seismic step to open the courthouse doors for gun violence survivors and others who have legitimate legal complaints against the gun industry,” said Blumenthal. “It is a powerful impetus and momentum for ongoing reform efforts to stop gun violence that is an epidemic and public health crisis in our nation.”

This next election is CRITICAL...........as there will probably be 3 Supremes nominated.............Here in a lower court..............they say they can now sue the gun manufacturers..................incredible.......

They should sue the store the knowingly sold the guns to the mother of the seriously disturbed boy.

Really? So you are a gun store owner and a woman walks in to buy a gun. You do the legal background check and it's okay for her to purchase a gun. HTF do you know anything about her family or children?
Control freaks are silly in that way...

Is there a constitutional right to smoke?

No, and there isn't one to own guns, either. In fact, the word "Gun" appears nowhere in the constitution.

Moron......I get it....you anti-gun morons went to government schools controlled by the education wing of the democrat party...so reading plain english is beyond your ability....please...let the grown ups talk.........go to your room.
He lives in his moms basement...

That's your opinion

In my opinion the risk is worth it.

The Parents of the kids slaughtered at Sandy Hook disagree. Let's see what a jury decides after they see the autopsy and crime scene photos.
banoids want to appeal to emotion

the case won't make it to trial. the theory that the AR-15 has no legitimate civilian use is a loser as a matter of law

Well, we have amply heard from the right wingers and their "love" of guns....a love mostly based on fear of the bad-ass government placing them into "relocation camps"...and a need to show how truly macho they can be on a message board.....

But there is a simple thought to ponder in everyone's privacy of one's own conscience:

Which side of this pro or anti assault weapons' argument would Adam Lanza be supporting???

as a retired federal prosecutor I can answer that question. violent criminals invariably support banning citizens from having guns. Assholes like you want to make the lives of violent criminals safer

Come on admit it.....you got an erection just typing all those "2850 FPS" bullshit.......LOL

Come on admit it, you've never been able to get an erection, which is why you attack the civil rights of others. To satiate the rage born of frustration that dominates your pathetic life.

banoids are generally feminine

in other words, born female or castrated as a male

Meaningless point.

Most people who support the second amendment do not have illusions of fighting the government. They just want to protect their right to defend themselves and their families.

Why would any of you have a problem with that?

Defending yourselves from EXACTLY WHAT?????

A burglar? A bear? A salesman?...............The point here is NOT to take away all your cute little guns....the point is that assault-style-kill-as-many-people-as-possible-in-shortest-time kind of weapons have NO place in a civilized society.

Please define "assault style" but first look at this post

And it doesn't matter how many rounds a gun can fire. A gun is nothing but an inanimate object

and fyi if it weren't for weapons you'd find society a lot less civilized. Human beings are a very violent species after all

I really don't care if they agree or disagree.

People whose kids drown in pools might disagree that pools are safe too.

None of that has anything to do with me. I don't have kids and I am not going to go on a shooting spree so if I own one gun or one hundred it's none of anyone's fucking business

That what you say now, but every mass shooter stated out as a malignant narcissist...
No they started out as whining idiots who blamed everyone else for their problems. Like you

Lets try to decipher slow-witted, right wingers' "logic"......

Any.....and I mean ANY drug dealer could pose a "defense" when caught by stating, "Hey, I only sell the stuff, how people who buy it use it, is THEIR concern, not mine...."

Now, the same slow-witted, right wingers will counter....."But, NO, drugs are illegal and THAT is why a drug dealer should/must be arrested and charged..."

The counter argument is blown apart, when we return to the original argument posed by this thread; i.e., a judge found enough evidence to conclude that a lawsuit against the gun manufacturer should be allowed to proceed and that case law would set a precedent against the indiscriminate sale of weapons which could basically be labeled, WMDs since their only true purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest time possible.
All drugs should be legal
It's not your or anyone else's business what a person does with his or her body

And guns do not kill people. I've owned guns since I was 16 and none of them have killed anyone

Except for one crucial difference. Manufacturing weapons is not illegal and gun ownership is a constitutional right. :)

Surely there must be a grown up around your basement to explain my post to you......The Constitutional right to own a weapon was written when we had muskets........Any moron could then interpret the 2nd Amendment to also include the "right" to secure and own a nuclear devise, a bazooka, a tank , etc.

This thread (for those slow-witted, right wingers) is NOT about stopping the sale of any guns....BUT the sale of guns whose only purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest of time......(and, of course, for macho men to provide an extension to their small penises.)
If yo don't like the second amendment then by all means try to repeal it

And just how would a clerk in a gun shop know anything about the children of his customers?

Forum List

Back