School district's watermelon eating contest goes wrong... The kids who volunteered were all black...

thats-racist.gif

....you know it's bullshitcrap/out of control when you ''have'' to apologize for telling a half black/half Asian you will serve them fried chicken

When I was a kid you couldn’t get watermelon this early in the season. Lucky little kiddies. Too bad the fun police had to ruin the party.

Actually watermelon is really good for you. I keep on in my fridge all summer as a boost on hot days. It's a shame that an old stereotype has had to ruin something so delicious for a specific group of individuals.

What does that mean? Watermelon is the Lycopene Leader among fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.

Lycopene is a carotenoid that gives watermelon its red color, and it is only available in a few other foods, including tomatoes. Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant. Researchers are finding increasing evidence that proper diet and nutrition are important factors in disease prevention. Watermelon contains higher levels of lycopene than any other fresh fruit or vegetable (15 to 20 mg per 2-cup serving) and is part of a healthy diet.

Watermelon Board | Lycopene Leader
Watermelon is a superfood. I eat it daily and I juice the rind.

Did they also have a fried chicken eating contest?
I am sure black people laugh at stereotypes of them loving fried chicken and watermelon exclusively or more than others just as much as you trump voters laugh about being called banjo playing goobers who like to squeal like a pig for the menfolk at your trailer parks. all in good fun, right!!

I am sure black people laugh at stereotypes of them loving fried chicken and watermelon exclusively or more than others just as much as you trump voters laugh about being called banjo playing goobers who like to squeal like a pig for the menfolk at your trailer parks. all in good fun, right!!
you made yourself look really stupid on the previous post
it's right there

I never understood how the fried chicken and watermelon thing became a negative stereotype. Are we accusing black people of having awesome taste in food?

Steelton-Highspire watermelon-eating contest causes furor in district

A watermelon-eating contest pictured in a social media post was an activity chosen by students trying to illustrate the benefits of good nutrition. But it also illustrated the need for education about racial stereotypes, said Steelton-Highspire School District superintendent.

Superintendent Travis Waters said the contest was a small part of a larger event called “Student Painted Palates.” The event was organized by a group of 11th grade students and a teacher.

The event included a number of events featuring music, poetry, and dancing. Students also wanted to add an element about healthy eating, and decided to include a food-eating contest, he said.

“Unfortunately, the food eating contest involved watermelon,” Waters said. “The kids who volunteered to take part in this activity were African American."

The photo posted on social media showed a small group of black students sitting on stage with watermelons on a table before them, and a high school Principal Kathryn Gallagher, photographing the event. It drew more than 1,000 comments, many from people decrying the activity as offensive and racist, others responding by defending the school officials involved.

The students who organized and volunteered to take part in the contest weren’t aware of the negative stereotype, Waters said.

Fifty-four percent of students in the school district are black or African-American, according to data from the state Department of Education.

The district issued a statement Thursday that it was looking into a “culturally insensitive activity.” On Friday, Water said he was drafting a letter to send to parents explaining what happened. He also is planning to have kids, teachers, and parents gather sometime next week to discuss the matter further.

While the students may have been unaware of the stereotype, Waters said it’s the responsibility of district adults to “have the right amount of eyes” and address situations like that this could be seen as offensive.

“We need to educate folks on stereotypes and the impact of negative stereotypes,” he said. “I don’t want (students) them to feel like they did anything wrong, but I do want them to understand that there is that negative stereotype out there.”

It appears the only people not outraged were the organizers and participants. Maybe these kids just like watermelon. :dunno:
Well the proof is in the pudding. Watermelon has great benefits. It help increase the blood flow throughout the body.

This is a seasonal food, but only recently have the effects on penis size been noted. Watermelon contains an amino acid called citrulline, which is converted in the body to a popular and well known penis-friendly amino acid – arginine. The serious research is just beginning, but the fact that the conversion of citrulline to arginine is known and that watermelon itself is considered the super foods to increase penis size are two very good reasons to add it to your diet.

Natural penis enlargement foods to increase the size and improve health

LUBBOCK, Texas — A slice of cool, fresh watermelon is a juicy way to top off a Fourth of July cookout and one that researchers say has effects similar to the big Blue pill (The word is banned from this site, that you have to look it up to find out about the benefits of watermelon). So copy and paste.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/is-watermelon-racist-or-nah-1828097250

it's right there
to racist trump voters, people who are not obnoxiously racist and bigoted probably do appear stupid. and you probably think anyone who can read and write English at a junior high school level and above is stupid and just showing off. how can you not believe a meme of some stereotypical black guy amongst a bunch of watermelons with the caption, Lawd, I have died and gone to heaven, or whatever, IS NOT RACIST, NOT TO MENTION STUPID AND CHILDISH? you trumpsters are so freaking stupid you can't even recognize racist, bigoted bullshit when it is slapping you right across your huge stupid pieholes.

it's right there
to racist trump voters, people who are not obnoxiously racist and bigoted probably do appear stupid. and you probably think anyone who can read and write English at a junior high school level and above is stupid and just showing off. how can you not believe a meme of some stereotypical black guy amongst a bunch of watermelons with the caption, Lawd, I have died and gone to heaven, or whatever, IS NOT RACIST, NOT TO MENTION STUPID AND CHILDISH? you trumpsters are so freaking stupid you can't even recognize racist, bigoted bullshit when it is slapping you right across your huge stupid pieholes.
Do you then believe that when you see a mafia movie/tv show and quotes like "bada bing"...and commercials like "look what tony did/you did good tony" or other sayings from the Italian culture just fun and games. It sure does not bother the entertainment industry.

it's right there
YOU people are the racists/haters--undeniable

Forum List

Back