🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Science Finally Acknowledges That Vaccines Don't Stop The Spread Of Delta

Too soon to tell if that is an anomaly or not. It appears that they do better...but so far that is only an appearance and the data collection process has already been attacked by a european study group that calls it shoddy and biased....sooooo I would withhold judgement at this point were I you.

JO
No, its not to soon to tell. This is not just confined to the US. There is a MASSIVE test population across the entire planet and it is showing that vaccines in general, though not all of them, are very effective at lessening the various risk factors associated with COVID. Further, if you have a basic understanding of how these shots work, there is a functional process behind the 'why' they help as well - cause for causation even though the data is large enough to establish that on its own.

So,, no, I am not going to 'withhold judgment' against a mountain of evidence to massage my preconceived political leanings.

No, its not to soon to tell. This is not just confined to the US. There is a MASSIVE test population across the entire planet and it is showing that vaccines in general, though not all of them, are very effective at lessening the various risk factors associated with COVID. Further, if you have a basic understanding of how these shots work, there is a functional process behind the 'why' they help as well - cause for causation even though the data is large enough to establish that on its own.

So,, no, I am not going to 'withhold judgment' against a mountain of evidence to massage my preconceived political leanings.
But, for somebody like me, who is not over 65, who exercises regularly and eats right, and has no other conditions that would compromise my immunity, getting the vax is more risky than the virus itself, right?

It doesn't really help stop the spread, especially with the new variants. The risk of vaccine injury or death, for which there is VERY limited recovery granted to Big Pharma by the FedGov, is much greater than the reward, no?

I am still not convinced and this is LITERALLY the cold virus, so am I wrong to be extremely hesitant?

But, for somebody like me, who is not over 65, who exercises regularly and eats right, and has no other conditions that would compromise my immunity, getting the vax is more risky than the virus itself, right?
No, its not. The risks of getting the vax are far smaller than those of COVID even if you are at low risk. The gains are, of course much smaller. There is a reason that almost everyone that is old has been vaccinated, they face a signifigant increase in the chance of death without it, but you are STILL better off getting the vax.

If you are a child then there might be an argument there. Possibly. I Doubt even then you could show a plausible increase in risk over not taking the vaccine.
It doesn't really help stop the spread, especially with the new variants. The risk of vaccine injury or death, for which there is VERY limited recovery granted to Big Pharma by the FedGov, is much greater than the reward, no?

I am still not convinced and this is LITERALLY the cold virus, so am I wrong to be extremely hesitant?
It does little for the spread of new variants, yes, but the claim that it carries a commensurate risk of injury as opposed to the virus itself is utterly unsupported. All evidence points to a lower overall risk by taking the vaccine. A far lower overall risk and that includes the variants as well.

So I would say that you are 'wrong' in being so hesitant. The risk calculation should be no different than the calculation on a drive to the store. Is the inconvenience and risk worth the reward. For getting the vaccine, is the 15 minuets of my time worth decreasing my chance of death or serious injury by 0.X percent. I think it is pretty clear that it is, very little time invested for a decent reduction in the risk of contracting a debilitating or fatal instance of COVID 19 even if that risk reduction is one in ten thousand (0.01%) and it looks like it is far more effective than that.

No, its not. The risks of getting the vax are far smaller than those of COVID even if you are at low risk. The gains are, of course much smaller. There is a reason that almost everyone that is old has been vaccinated, they face a signifigant increase in the chance of death without it, but you are STILL better off getting the vax.

If you are a child then there might be an argument there. Possibly. I Doubt even then you could show a plausible increase in risk over not taking the vaccine.

It does little for the spread of new variants, yes, but the claim that it carries a commensurate risk of injury as opposed to the virus itself is utterly unsupported. All evidence points to a lower overall risk by taking the vaccine. A far lower overall risk and that includes the variants as well.

So I would say that you are 'wrong' in being so hesitant. The risk calculation should be no different than the calculation on a drive to the store. Is the inconvenience and risk worth the reward. For getting the vaccine, is the 15 minuets of my time worth decreasing my chance of death or serious injury by 0.X percent. I think it is pretty clear that it is, very little time invested for a decent reduction in the risk of contracting a debilitating or fatal instance of COVID 19 even if that risk reduction is one in ten thousand (0.01%) and it looks like it is far more effective than that.
Yeah. Well, the probability of pissing off little tyrant shits who want to force it is worth the risk.

NEVER

Actually, it has been proven by several studies. Almost all of the deaths at this point are among the non-vaccinated. In fact, the Provincetown outbreak, in which about 75% of those infected were vaccinated and prompted the CDC to recommend vaccinated people go back to mask wearing, resulted in only seven hospitalizations and zero deaths out of 800 people infected with Delta.

That is true here--"at this point". Check Israel and the UK. Israel vaccinated earlier and used Pfizer, which is failing particularly fast.

The vaccines are a disappointment, to put it mildly

More lies and disinformation.

This should be a Conspiracy Theory section thread.
You're calling the Telegraph lies and disinformation? Seriously? :dunno:

Delta variant has wrecked hopes of herd immunity, warn scientists​

There is no way of stopping Covid spreading through the entire population, experts tell MPs as they call for end of mass testing

The ONLY way to get herd immunity is to expose everyone to the virus.

Social distancing is causing the delay. Masks don't do shit either way.

You're right but the problem lies in the massive death numbers. Do you remember last year before vaccines?

Have you learnt anything?

From the below link:

"Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia and an expert in infectious diseases, told the committee: "The concept of herd immunity is unachievable because we know the infection will spread in unvaccinated populations and the latest data is suggesting that two doses is probably only 50 percent protective against infection."

People, and this includes Biden's admin pukes, need to understand that COVID-19 is not smallpox. Smallpox could be eradicated if all humans were vaccinated, because smallpox could never find a non-human host. COVID-19 has plenty of non-human hosts, like cats, dogs, birds, farm animals, etc... So unless we vaccinate our pets and all the forest animals.....

Forum List

Back