🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Secretary of Defense orders nine military bases honoring Confederate officers be renamed

Naming US military installations after racist, treasonous war criminals who sought to destroy America is madness.

And history will neither be changed nor forgotten; the infamous crimes committed by those who engaged in lawless, treasonous rebellion against the United States will be documented and taught to future generations, as a warning to future generations as to the consequences of racism, hate, and treason.
Well now we need a new monetary symbol for a half cent. If you knew anything about America's history and it's founding documents states were viewed as their own country. No southern was a traitor to their country unless they fought for the Yankees
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

Last edited:
If you look at the big picture, none of this really amounts to a fucking hill of beans.

What does matter, is that whatever else, there will never, ever be a Fort Biden or a Biden Air Force Base. :laughing0301:
Old Joe had it built. He just forgot where he built it.

Naming US military installations after racist, treasonous war criminals who sought to destroy America is madness.

And history will neither be changed nor forgotten; the infamous crimes committed by those who engaged in lawless, treasonous rebellion against the United States will be documented and taught to future generations, as a warning to future generations as to the consequences of racism, hate, and treason.
Another kookful diatribe.....

Actually, it sets the history straight.

It acknowledges the fact that the treasonous war criminals who participated in lawless rebellion against the United States were enemies of America and deserve to be neither remembered nor memorialized.

They fought to destroy America.

They fought to keep enslaved Americans in bondage.

Among their more reprehensible war crimes and crimes against humanity was to return freedmen to slavery.

The remaining of the military installations is long overdue.
They were Democrats.

Naming military installations after treasonous war criminals who sought to destroy America was part of a campaign to establish and reinforce the racism and hate that was Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation.

It’s a dishonor to the service men and women who serve in such installations named for treasonous war criminals who fought in defense of slavery in lawless rebellion against the United States.

And those who oppose the renaming of military installations are just as racist, just as wrong, and just as reprehensible as those who fought to keep Americans of color enslaved.
I served 25 years as a Naval officer and never felt dishonored at all the bases I served....and I oppose changing the names too, but believe you to be the racist. How long and in which branch did you serve??

I served 25 years as a Naval officer and never felt dishonored at all the bases I served....and I oppose changing the names too, but believe you to be the racist. How long and in which branch did you serve??
What about the names of Naval Bases would have dishonored you?

I am confused. Is there a Fort Byrd? If not its not relevant to the discussion.
You’re confused because you choose party over country. Leftists defaced and removed statues of our founding fathers and important leaders such as Lincoln and Roosevelt, while Democrat leaders cheered it on. But an ex KKK leader gets a statue in the senate hall (and an unending official list below) and he is revered and wept for in his funeral by so called Democrat leaders.

1665415827000.jpeg

Government​

Academia, science, and technology​

The Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope in Green Bank, West Virginia.

Commerce​

• Robert C. Byrd Hilltop Office Complex, Rocket Center, West Virginia[6][9][10][17]
  • Robert C. Byrd Industrial Park, Moorefield, West Virginia[6][9][10]

Community​

• Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Pine Grove, West Virginia[6][9][10]
  • Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Sugar Grove, West Virginia[6][10]

Healthcare​

Recreation and tourism​

“The Commission's thorough and historically informed work has put the Department on a path to meet Congressional intent – and to remove from U.S. military facilities all names, symbols, displays, monuments, and paraphernalia that honor or commemorate the Confederacy. The Commission has chosen names that echo with honor, patriotism, and history - names that will inspire generations of Service members to defend our democracy and our Constitution.”

Very good.
Glad they're on this. Meanwhile, even Biden himself says the planet is closer to a nuclear Armageddon than we have ever been. But, let's make sure we get those facilities renamed before we all become toast.

You’re confused because you choose party over country. Leftists defaced and removed statues of our founding fathers and important leaders such as Lincoln and Roosevelt, while Democrat leaders cheered it on. But an ex KKK leader gets a statue in the senate hall (and an unending official list below) and he is revered and wept for in his funeral by so called Democrat leaders.

View attachment 708057

Government​

Academia, science, and technology​

The Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope in Green Bank, West Virginia.

Commerce​

• Robert C. Byrd Hilltop Office Complex, Rocket Center, West Virginia[6][9][10][17]
  • Robert C. Byrd Industrial Park, Moorefield, West Virginia[6][9][10]

Community​

• Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Pine Grove, West Virginia[6][9][10]
  • Robert C. Byrd Community Center, Sugar Grove, West Virginia[6][10]

Healthcare​

Recreation and tourism​

Byrds Senate record showed he was an advocate for Civil Rights
Something few Republicans today can claim

Hey, let’s be thankful, at least we don’t get to see those mean tweets any longer.
Yes, it will be comforting to know that when the big one explodes over my head, vaporizing me in an instant, at least we had a president who wasn't making mean tweets.

What? That literally makes no sense. But if there are forts named after Klan leaders I am 100% behind changing their names too.
What? That literally makes no sense. But if there are forts named after Klan leaders I am 100% behind changing their names too.
Changing the names of forts is more stupid than destroying the historic statues you Dimmers already took down.

“The Commission's thorough and historically informed work has put the Department on a path to meet Congressional intent – and to remove from U.S. military facilities all names, symbols, displays, monuments, and paraphernalia that honor or commemorate the Confederacy. The Commission has chosen names that echo with honor, patriotism, and history - names that will inspire generations of Service members to defend our democracy and our Constitution.”

Very good.

Democrats are the party of slavery. They fought a war to keep slavery. When you woke assholes cancel the name Democrat I’ll start taking changing the names of sports teams,schools and statues seriously. Until then its just more hypocrisy from the leftists to get votes and feeeeeeeeelllllllll good about themselves.

This seems to be because most of our Army bases are in the South and they wanted to pander to lost cause southerners
Exactly.

Along with reinforcing the racism of Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation – making it clear to black Americans in the South that they were second-class citizens and excluded from political participation.

Forum List

Back