🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Secretary of Defense orders nine military bases honoring Confederate officers be renamed

OK I'll bite. Are there any Federal facilities of any sort named after Byrd? I am just fine with changing the names of those.

This appears to be a list of state facilities named after Byrd. They are all in West Virginia. West Virginia is fully capable of renaming those facilities. West Virginia is a Republican state.
Byrd was a leader of the democrat party.

OK I'll bite. Are there any Federal facilities of any sort named after Byrd? I am just fine with changing the names of those.

This appears to be a list of state facilities named after Byrd. They are all in West Virginia. West Virginia is fully capable of renaming those facilities. West Virginia is a Republican state.
The actual point is why does anything with a name already need to have it changed?
There is no reason.

I don't see a problem with renaming military posts that were named after Confederate Officers. The military should rename all posts after their Medal of Honor recipients.

As much as I detest the idea of renaming bases and taking down statues, I have to admit that I could get behind that idea...

I think the bigger concern for the military should be that the Army missed it’s recruitment goals and the other three branches are falling behind that should be a bigger concern than renaming bases. Of course focusing on the trivial is the trendy thing today no reason to expect the military to be any different.

Last edited:
Okay, so the answer to my question is no, you have nothing to support your allegation other than your own unfounded suspicions.

Gotcha'...
Maybe not but he was a democrat at a time that only democrats would be found in the kkk

Forum List

Back