Senate Democrats plan to hold the floor to protest inaction on gun legislation

Lol
Haven’t you learned by now the least efficient most corrupt way in doing anything is let the federal government control it
Well I somewhat agree with you there but sometimes doing something is better than doing nothing
great. enforce the laws we have. that would be something also.
Excellent idea, how do we do better at that?
police take advantage of any of what, 39 complaints to do something in this particular case? we now have "red flag laws" that don't even need you on record of doing something wrong, just a complaint and WHAM - come get the guns.

we can't go anywhere via the middle of the road. we want to slam everything through based on our emotional tastes.
Ok good we are getting towards solutions now. So a kid gets in a fight with his brother and the mom calls the cops to help her calm them down. Do both brothers get put on a red flag list? How long do they lose their gun rights for?

I know you don’t have a policy written, just curious of your “top of the head” ideas. I won’t hold you to them... just brainstorming
parkland shooter had far more than kids fighting, now didn't he?

the hardest most difficult part of talking with you is your habit of going apeshit extreme and pulling out very rare scenarios as if they would be the every time occurrence.

Parkland Shooting Suspect: A Story Of Red Flags, Ignored

just stop trying to say this is the same as kids fighting. we can either talk from a centristic standpoint and NOT grandstand to mythical fairy tales or we can't. if you need to keep doing this and 7-11 bullshit, fine. just don't bitch when i wonder how come you feel it's ok for an elected official to delete so much mail after being told to turn it over.

wait - your timeline is different.

in any event, i think it's breaktime for me cause i'm tired of the extreme goose chases you tend to lob out when we're, in my mind, about to get to a point of resolution on something.

There is no water here. If there were, we would have used it a long time ago.
Of course there is... water is everything other than arming up to fight the bad guys. I don’t think you understood the analogy

Nothing else has worked so I don't know where you get the water from. We can't stop the bad guys from getting guns, that much we know. We have hundreds of gun laws on the books already, and state laws add even more. There are certain people not legally allowed to buy guns, but they buy them anyway.

Now if your goal is to reduce casualties and deaths, then the only thing in the past that has done that is another person with a gun.
How many guns do we have in this country? Why aren't we the safest country in the world, then?

Guns don't guarantee everybody will be safe. Nobody is safe in any country. But if you are attacked, having a gun may save your life just as it does hundreds of thousands of times every year in the US.
Do you need an AK with a 100 round mag to feel safe?
Lol
Someon else’s firearm ownership is none of your fucking business

You have to consider that not everybody is a military trained vet like yourself. Some people get very scared when a gun is present. They see gun violence and don’t think, I need to get a gun to defend myself, they think I want to get guns off the streets and see less of them in my community. These are the people who support Betos cause and there are many of them.

I will say that Beto has given you a gift. His plan to confiscate guns just blew away any middle ground between the fringes and pushed the debate back into their corners. So doesn’t look like anything’s gonna get done which I’m sure you are very happy with.
Lol
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, There’s nothing more personal than firearm ownership. Progressives like yourself need to stay the fuck out of people’s personal lives.
There’s plenty things that are more personal than firearm ownership. Most glaringly losing a loved one to gun violence
not if you use that unfortunate and yes sad situation to take power from those who did nothing wrong at all. as far as i'm concerned you're about as bad as the shooter for being such an opportunist. esp when you can't correlate your "suggestions" into anything that would have stopped said event from happening.

"well we did something..." isn't good enough.
Well I’m not interested in taking away a responsible citizens right to own a firearm so we are all good there
Lol
Then quit giving corrupt career politicians any power dumbass
The government is the only mechanism to protect the weak stand up to the powerful in many instances. I’m fine with them having power but they need to be accountable and responsible

Lol
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, There’s nothing more personal than firearm ownership. Progressives like yourself need to stay the fuck out of people’s personal lives.
There’s plenty things that are more personal than firearm ownership. Most glaringly losing a loved one to gun violence
not if you use that unfortunate and yes sad situation to take power from those who did nothing wrong at all. as far as i'm concerned you're about as bad as the shooter for being such an opportunist. esp when you can't correlate your "suggestions" into anything that would have stopped said event from happening.

Well I’m not interested in taking away a responsible citizens right to own a firearm so we are all good there
but limiting how they can use it you're all up into if i understand you correctly.
Yeah I’m fine limiting their ability to have weapons capable of inflicting a massive amount of damage if misused. Same
Concept as the machine gun restrictions and same reason why F1 race cars are not allowed on the road
gee - glad we're not getting all extreme again to take away from the actual focus of the issue.

i'm out man.

Well I somewhat agree with you there but sometimes doing something is better than doing nothing

Focus on it.....instead of always focusing on taking guns and magazines away from people who don't use them for crime.
Focus on it? Ok I’m focusing. I’m not seeing what’s going to instigate change though. Any other ideas?
and i don't see how limiting mag capacity is going to stop someone from finding a way to create damage. all this "but it stands to reason..." is people thinking out loud because they can't PROVE the actions they would take would work. so you keep saying "well at least we did something!"

yet when it doesn't work you want to do something else, usually around greater regulation OF WHICH isn't working as planned so doing "something" is a bad path.
People will always be able to inflict damage if they want to. I never suggested that regulating guns would stop all gun violence. It’s one element of a larger problem that I’m open to debate. Not an end all be all solution

Did you see the level of assessment the pulse nightclub shooter went through? You say you think background checks will help.....you know they won't, but thanks for playing.
Do you think with all the warning signs that guy should be sold a gun in a store?

What warning signs? He went through 3 separate interviews with the FBI, a Comprehensive FBI background investigation and an under cover approach...and they cleared him...what warning signs?
Pulse... sorry I was thinking Parkland

They had all they needed to put the kid into jail or treatment....how did that work out? The kid should have been kept from having guns because he should have had an arrest record.....but because of obama's Promise Program and the left wing desire to not stigmatize young criminals with actual criminal records, he got the gun....how is that going to change by going after actual normal people who own guns?
I don’t want to go after normal people. I want a better background check and enforcement system so when people like that get flagged something is done. The current system needs to be much better... sounds like you agree
Lol
Yes the system needs to be much faster, it should only take seconds at most for an law abiding citizen to purchase a firearm.

Of course there is... water is everything other than arming up to fight the bad guys. I don’t think you understood the analogy

Nothing else has worked so I don't know where you get the water from. We can't stop the bad guys from getting guns, that much we know. We have hundreds of gun laws on the books already, and state laws add even more. There are certain people not legally allowed to buy guns, but they buy them anyway.

Now if your goal is to reduce casualties and deaths, then the only thing in the past that has done that is another person with a gun.
Then you go ahead and take that position. I think the abundance of guns in our society is a factor in the high rate of gun violence. Just compare to other countries.

People who want to kill will kill with guns or not. Our two largest mass murders didn't involve one gun. They involved box cutters and fertilizer.

On Friday, some goof drove his SUV into a Sears store in Illinois trying to kill shoppers. He failed, but the point is he figured out a way to try and kill a bunch of people. Last year, London surpassed NYC murder rate, mostly with the use of knives. In France, some crazy drove a truck into a crowd killing 85 people.

So here is the problem: If you take a nice middle-class suburb, make a law that all citizens must have a firearm in their home, and do the reverse in a low income crime riddled area, the crime statistics won't change in either neighborhood. Because it's the people, not the weapon that kills other people.
I like my odds better vs a box cutter or vehicle vs a semi auto with 100 bullets in it. What would you rather go up against?
Terrorists in the Middle East prefer bombs/vehicles… LOL
You should open a bomb shop out there then. Sounds like theres a great market for it

Focus on it.....instead of always focusing on taking guns and magazines away from people who don't use them for crime.
Focus on it? Ok I’m focusing. I’m not seeing what’s going to instigate change though. Any other ideas?
and i don't see how limiting mag capacity is going to stop someone from finding a way to create damage. all this "but it stands to reason..." is people thinking out loud because they can't PROVE the actions they would take would work. so you keep saying "well at least we did something!"

yet when it doesn't work you want to do something else, usually around greater regulation OF WHICH isn't working as planned so doing "something" is a bad path.
People will always be able to inflict damage if they want to. I never suggested that regulating guns would stop all gun violence. It’s one element of a larger problem that I’m open to debate. Not an end all be all solution
F1 race cars and buying guns at 7-11 isn't debating. its lobbing out bullshit to keep FROM debating.

They just know if they pass a law, those gangbangers will hand in their guns all on their own. Like any good democrat would.
View attachment 279806
Sounds like you’re missing the point all together. If you think gun control advocates assume gang bangers will turn in their guns then you are a world away from understanding their position. Try listening more and talking less
then why do they keep saying they want them out of the hands of the criminals if "gang bangers" are not the intended "criminal"?
I don’t support confiscation but my understanding of their position is they see over the top dangerous weapons made for war being used in these mass shootings and they want to take them out of circulation. The criminal element is a separate problem that needs to be dealt with by law enforcement.
Lol
Haven’t you learned by now the least efficient most corrupt way in doing anything is let the federal government control it
Lol
The doing of “something” is more harmful than what it is trying to solve…. Every time in the governments case

Well, the over the top description is a bit much. Weapon of war? As they say on ESPN...C'mon Man
That’s the term Beto is using when stating his confiscation case. If that’s the standard he wants to use for confiscation then the convo turns to defining what a weapon of war is. If AR-15s don’t fit the definition of “weapons of war” then they shouldn’t be included in a confiscation plan.
On a one to one basis, I wouldn't give a flying shit as to what Beto wants. The problem is, he has the ear of far to many ignorant people that have not and will not take the time to educate themselves as to what is what.
Technically speaking, anything you can kill another person with is a weapon of war, and that's where this slippery slope starts. I, myself, am very comfortable with an AR. I prefer it because it is similar to the weapon I was assigned in the military. While similar, there are some very distictive differences, which may not mean much to those not educated in small arms and assorted weaponry, but as has been stated by others, you don't take an AR 15 into a combat zone and expect to live.
The problem is we have too many idiots clamoring about saying what is what and who flung the poo and the sheep that follow them believe them... unequivocally, and for no other reason than "that's my guy."
Beto is a 5 star ass, yet he has, for reasons that escape me, a following.
You have to consider that not everybody is a military trained vet like yourself. Some people get very scared when a gun is present. They see gun violence and don’t think, I need to get a gun to defend myself, they think I want to get guns off the streets and see less of them in my community. These are the people who support Betos cause and there are many of them.

I will say that Beto has given you a gift. His plan to confiscate guns just blew away any middle ground between the fringes and pushed the debate back into their corners. So doesn’t look like anything’s gonna get done which I’m sure you are very happy with.
Lol
Lol
There is nothing more personal than firearm ownership in this country, it’s the one thing that is absolutely none of the federal government business… Fact

Sounds like you’re missing the point all together. If you think gun control advocates assume gang bangers will turn in their guns then you are a world away from understanding their position. Try listening more and talking less
then why do they keep saying they want them out of the hands of the criminals if "gang bangers" are not the intended "criminal"?
I don’t support confiscation but my understanding of their position is they see over the top dangerous weapons made for war being used in these mass shootings and they want to take them out of circulation. The criminal element is a separate problem that needs to be dealt with by law enforcement.
Lol
Lol
The doing of “something” is more harmful than what it is trying to solve…. Every time in the governments case
if that "something" doesn't directly impact the issue then that SOMETHING has not been researched to see what other consequences it could also have.

do SOMETHING to address the problem directly. indirect action is bullshit while you tout ITS FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

Lol

Lol
Then quit giving corrupt career politicians any power dumbass
The government is the only mechanism to protect the weak stand up to the powerful in many instances. I’m fine with them having power but they need to be accountable and responsible
Lol
Na, not really

police take advantage of any of what, 39 complaints to do something in this particular case? we now have "red flag laws" that don't even need you on record of doing something wrong, just a complaint and WHAM - come get the guns.

we can't go anywhere via the middle of the road. we want to slam everything through based on our emotional tastes.
Ok good we are getting towards solutions now. So a kid gets in a fight with his brother and the mom calls the cops to help her calm them down. Do both brothers get put on a red flag list? How long do they lose their gun rights for?

I know you don’t have a policy written, just curious of your “top of the head” ideas. I won’t hold you to them... just brainstorming
parkland shooter had far more than kids fighting, now didn't he?

the hardest most difficult part of talking with you is your habit of going apeshit extreme and pulling out very rare scenarios as if they would be the every time occurrence.

Parkland Shooting Suspect: A Story Of Red Flags, Ignored

just stop trying to say this is the same as kids fighting. we can either talk from a centristic standpoint and NOT grandstand to mythical fairy tales or we can't. if you need to keep doing this and 7-11 bullshit, fine. just don't bitch when i wonder how come you feel it's ok for an elected official to delete so much mail after being told to turn it over.

wait - your timeline is different.

in any event, i think it's breaktime for me cause i'm tired of the extreme goose chases you tend to lob out when we're, in my mind, about to get to a point of resolution on something.
I’m not sure what your finding as extreme. I’m asking what specifically you would have arrested the kid for in parkland. If not an arrest for which event should he be flagged and for how long should he be restricted to buy a gun? This is a real world situation that we can use as an example. Isn’t this how you wanted to discuss the topic?! I’m confused about what’s turning you off here

How many guns do we have in this country? Why aren't we the safest country in the world, then?

Guns don't guarantee everybody will be safe. Nobody is safe in any country. But if you are attacked, having a gun may save your life just as it does hundreds of thousands of times every year in the US.
Lol
Normally ide agree except for the fact that firearms can be and have been abused to take the lives of innocent people.

but limiting how they can use it you're all up into if i understand you correctly.
Yeah I’m fine limiting their ability to have weapons capable of inflicting a massive amount of damage if misused. Same
Concept as the machine gun restrictions and same reason why F1 race cars are not allowed on the road
gee - glad we're not getting all extreme again to take away from the actual focus of the issue.

i'm out man.
See ya. Thanks for the chat

Lol
Normally ide agree except for the fact that firearms can be and have been abused to take the lives of innocent people.
There are over 400 million firearms legally held in this country most likely… What percentage of those are used in violent criminal activity?

And ARs are the least of our worries, Lawnmowers kill more people annually. Lol

Lol

Lol
Legislating with emotion solves nothing

F1 race cars and buying guns at 7-11 isn't debating. its lobbing out bullshit to keep FROM debating.
No it’s not to keep from debate, both those examples draw consensus as we both agree that machine guns shouldn't be sold at 711 and F1 cars shouldn't be on our roads. That’s called common ground that justifies regulation as a useful tool.

You said you don’t understand how limiting mag capacity would stop damage. You digressed to an absolutist argument. Of course it won’t stop damage but it would reduce it. so I brought up the levels that exist in regulation, firepower, and damage control... that’s a fair argument

Lol
Lol
I disagree

Lol
There are over 400 million firearms legally held in this country most likely… What percentage of those are used in violent criminal activity?

And ARs are the least of our worries, Lawnmowers kill more people annually. Lol
Irrelevant

Forum List

Back