Senate Report Concludes the Benghazi Attacks Were Preventable

What would be "accountable" other than making sure ambassadors don't stray from embassies in third world hell holes in the midst of revolutions?

Now that would be a solution.

These folks don't want that.

They are looking for reasons to impeach.

Nothing else matters.

No they just lied about who was responsible and started a whole fucking war over it..killing 4000 Americans and over 100K Iraqis.

So Osama Bin Laden wasn't responsible?

Sallow's a moron.. nobody ever said Iraq was responsible for 9/11... it's a lie parroted by the idiot left... just like the lie that Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house. They don't care, they're pathological liars most of them.

irony

What would be "accountable" other than making sure ambassadors don't stray from embassies in third world hell holes in the midst of revolutions?

Might be a good idea to stop running guns to Al Qaeda and other groups in Libya and Syria and whereever else we might be doing that. After all, that is why the Ambassador was killed

Well there are coverups and coverups. Bengahzigate was kicking the can down the road with an election weeks away.

The Gulf of Tonken and Womd were coverups that will lasts/lasted decades to deflect from the real reasons actions were taken. LBJ needed to be seen as tough on communism for the 1964 election, and W needed an excuse to nation build .... after campaigning on not nation building.

Just sort of a difference in size and scope, imo.

I think what we'll never know, and never should know, is the extent the DOS was tied to the CIA in funneling arms to Syria via Libya, and just WTF an abassador was doing anywhere near that. We already know it was a clusterfk. Not something to repeat.

Now that would be a solution.

These folks don't want that.

They are looking for reasons to impeach.

Nothing else matters.

Impeach? no

We simply want you to stop holding a double standard.

So Osama Bin Laden wasn't responsible?

Sallow's a moron.. nobody ever said Iraq was responsible for 9/11... it's a lie parroted by the idiot left... just like the lie that Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house. They don't care, they're pathological liars most of them.

irony

bzzt

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiNtpIpD6k]Cheney: I never linked Iraq with 9/11. Oh really? - YouTube[/ame]

That's a complete and unmitigated lie.

Repeating the lie makes you a liar.

Clinton: So we tried to be quite aggressive with them [al Qaeda]. We got – well, Mr. bin Laden used to live in Sudan. He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. And we’d been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start dealing with them again. They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America, so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America. So I pleaded with the Saudis to take him, ’cause they could have. But they thought it was a hot potato and they didn’t and that’s how he wound up in Afghanistan.

Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?

Your link asserts that

1. Bin Laden at that point had committed no crimes against the US.

2. Sudan did not offer Clinton Bin Laden.

were those the points you were trying to make?

click on the link and admit you're wrong.

Wright, in his Pulitzer Prize-winning "The Looming Tower," flatly states that Sudan did make such an offer. Wright bases his judgment on an interview with Erwa and notes that those who most prominently deny Erwa’s claims were not in fact present for the meeting.

Clinton: So we tried to be quite aggressive with them [al Qaeda]. We got – well, Mr. bin Laden used to live in Sudan. He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. And we’d been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start dealing with them again. They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America, so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America. So I pleaded with the Saudis to take him, ’cause they could have. But they thought it was a hot potato and they didn’t and that’s how he wound up in Afghanistan.

Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?

Your link asserts that

1. Bin Laden at that point had committed no crimes against the US.

2. Sudan did not offer Clinton Bin Laden.

were those the points you were trying to make?

click on the link and admit you're wrong.

Wright, in his Pulitzer Prize-winning "The Looming Tower," flatly states that Sudan did make such an offer. Wright bases his judgment on an interview with Erwa and notes that those who most prominently deny Erwa’s claims were not in fact present for the meeting.

I don't think Slick wanted Osama in the US for the same reason we didn't want to try al queda in US courts post 9-11. Obviously, we should have just paid someone to put a bullet in his head.

irony

bzzt

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiNtpIpD6k]Cheney: I never linked Iraq with 9/11. Oh really? - YouTube[/ame]

Do you listen to your links or just post them?

Jeez. You guys make me laugh.

While the Committee has completed its report, important questions remain
unanswered as a direct result of the Obama Administration's failure to provide the
Committee with access to necessary documents and witnesses
. We believe the
Administration's lack of cooperation is directly contrary to its statutory obligation
to keep the congressional intelligence committees fully and currently informed and
has effectively obstructed the Committee's efforts to get to the ground truth with
respect to these remaining questions.

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi2014/benghazi.pdf

The 9-11 Commission also deem the attacks that day in 2001 were preventable. Who was held accountable then?

no one tried to cover up 911

No one tried to cover up the attack in Benghazi.

they still are

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi2014/benghazi.pdf

While the Committee has completed its report, important questions remain
unanswered as a direct result of the Obama Administration's failure to provide the
Committee with access to necessary documents and witnesses. We believe the
Administration's lack of cooperation is directly contrary to its statutory obligation
to keep the congressional intelligence committees fully and currently informed and
has effectively obstructed the Committee's efforts to get to the ground truth with
respect to these remaining questions. T

irony

bzzt

audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Of course they tried to cover up the reasons for the attack. Hence all the horseshit about the video which they took no time at all in getting to the media. Hell. Every morning show carried that horseshit.

Barry was more concerned about his reelection than he was four men dying in Benghazi because his State Deparmtent under Hilbat were incompetant as hell.

Of course they tried to misdirect the whole tragedy.

Forum List

Back