Senator Elizabeth Warren introduces '$10 a day' child care legislation

207 million.

If you were a better person, you’d apologize for being so nasty. There’s no excuse for that kind of behavior.
I never said 15 -64,, mine included over 65,,,

now what about how many are in the work force??

Because you decided that 90 year olds are “working age”.

Why did you make it about seniors?
I made it about working age adults verses workforce participation,,

why do you now go from 65 to 90??
is it because thats the only way you can deflect from your failure to support your original claim of not enough people to do all the jobs??

you havent yet provided workforce numbers,,

I made it about working age adults verses workforce participation,,

why do you now go from 65 to 90??
is it because thats the only way you can deflect from your failure to support your original claim of not enough people to do all the jobs??

you havent yet provided workforce numbers,,
But you didn’t make it about working age adults since you included senior citizens.

Senior citizens aren’t working age adults. (Not to mention 16 and 17 year olds aren’t adults either but that’s a minor nit pick).

You took the civilian US population and renamed it working age adults. That was a mistake. You’re being dishonest. You wanted to make it look like we had some vast resource of labor when you were counting 50 million senior citizens in that pool.

The best statistic here is prime age labor force participation. It gets rid of almost all retirees and almost all students because it looks at 25-55 year olds. It’s 82.5%. That’s pretty good. Nearly what it was at the maximum in the 90s.

But you didn’t make it about working age adults since you included senior citizens.

Senior citizens aren’t working age adults. (Not to mention 16 and 17 year olds aren’t adults either but that’s a minor nit pick).

You took the civilian US population and renamed it working age adults. That was a mistake. You’re being dishonest. You wanted to make it look like we had some vast resource of labor when you were counting 50 million senior citizens in that pool.

The best statistic here is prime age labor force participation. It gets rid of almost all retirees and almost all students because it looks at 25-55 year olds. It’s 82.5%. That’s pretty good. Nearly what it was at the maximum in the 90s.

82% of what???

you may want to look deeper into that then you will see its only those that want a job,,

also why does it start at 25 and end at 54??

when you can come up with realistic numbers get back to me,,

until then my comment stands and there are to many people being paid to not work and no ,lack of workers,,

82% of what???

you may want to look deeper into that then you will see its only those that want a job,,

also why does it start at 25 and end at 54??

when you can come up with realistic numbers get back to me,,

until then my comment stands and there are to many people being paid to not work and no ,lack of workers,,
You really should have read my post because every one of your questions is answered.

82% of people who are 25 to 55 years old.

It starts at 25 so that it excludes almost everyone who is in college. It ends at 54 so that it excludes almost everyone who retires.

The vast majority of people you complain are "being paid to not work" are senior citizens who are retired and living on social security. That's your point?

I'm not arguing with the number of people who are working in the country. You got that one right.

I'm arguing with what you call working age adults, which for you includes 90 year olds. And that's a big part of your problem.

You really should have read my post because every one of your questions is answered.

82% of people who are 25 to 55 years old.

It starts at 25 so that it excludes almost everyone who is in college. It ends at 54 so that it excludes almost everyone who retires.

The vast majority of people you complain are "being paid to not work" are senior citizens who are retired and living on social security. That's your point?
and you should have read my claim cause it had nothing to do with college or retired,, but working age adults,,

the link I just posted says 2023 there were 159 million working,, subtract that from yours of 209 million excludes retired, that leaves around 50 million and lets say that half of those are legitimate SSDI that leaves 25 million available workers,,

thats not even getting into retired and teenagers that either need to work or want to work which could add another 10 million,,

I'm not arguing with the number of people who are working in the country. You got that one right.

I'm arguing with what you call working age adults, which for you includes 90 year olds. And that's a big part of your problem.
you are arguing and went as far to post a deceptive link to distort that number,,

As one of only a few posters at USMB with a young son at home, I know how hard it can be to find affordable child care you can rely on. That's why I'm calling on everyone, politicians and citizens alike, to join Pocahontas in her FIGHT to give America's working families a helping hand.

$10 a day LOL

Why not write a middle finger on the check just to remind everyone how fucked they are

and you should have read my claim cause it had nothing to do with college or retired,, but working age adults,,

the link I just posted says 2023 there were 159 million working,, subtract that from yours of 209 million excludes retired, that leaves around 50 million and lets say that half of those are legitimate SSDI that leaves 25 million available workers,,

thats not even getting into retired and teenagers that either need to work or want to work which could add another 10 million,,
I did read your claim, and although you said it had nothing to do with retired, it obviously did, because you included 50 million people who are over 65 and the vast majority of those people are retired.

My number of 209 people already includes millions of kids who are 15-18. Are they "available workers" or should we just let them continue to go to high school? What about the 20 million people who attend college? Are they "available workers" or should we just let them continue going to college? The 209 million goes all the way up to 65. Millions of people retire before reaching 65. Should we consider them "available workers" or should we just let them enjoy their retirement? The 209 million also includes stay at home parents. Should we consider then "available workers" or should we just let them continue raising their kids?

Forum List

Back