Senator Rand Paul Urges All Freedom-Loving Americans to Resist Mask Mandates, Vaccine Passports, and Lockdowns. "They can't arrest us all."

Masks were never expected to save lives per se, but as a barrier to excessive spread of the virus. To expect the same rules as in surgery is ludicrous.

Sure the vaccine is different. What’s your point? It was effective and bad outcomes were overblown.

Also a “medical professional”.

However, we were told that masks save lives and that if you didn't wear yours you were killing grandma.

The reason masks are worn in surgery is (but not exclusively) to keep particles from our mouths falling into the surgical site. That is the same excuse proposed for wearing them as a "barrier to excessive spread". How can that be ludicrous?

My point is that they are ineffective and possibly dangerous. In your opinion and the opinions of Big Pharma, the bad outcomes are overblown. Many would disagree.

However, we were told that masks save lives and that if you didn't wear yours you were killing grandma.

The reason masks are worn in surgery is (but not exclusively) to keep particles from our mouths falling into the surgical site. That is the same excuse proposed for wearing them as a "barrier to excessive spread". How can that be ludicrous?

My point is that they are ineffective and possibly dangerous. In your opinion and the opinions of Big Pharma, the bad outcomes are overblown. Many would disagree.
The results speak for themselves. The pandemic was blunted. Warp Speed worked, even though Trump shit on his own initiative!

My point is that they are ineffective and possibly dangerous.
Nope. Why did every hospital require them ?
Dangerous ? What BS. You’re smarter than every medical research facility in the United States, right ?

The results speak for themselves. The pandemic was blunted. Warp Speed worked, even though Trump shit on his own initiative!

In actual real science, a result like that cannot be stated as fact. Since there was no control group you haven't the slightest clue as to the effectiveness of masks or the vaccine. You cannot logically and factually claim it was blunted. You have no way of knowing if things would have been better or worse without masks and vaccines.

During the pandemic, I took care of patients who had the vaccine and were sick as shit. I myself never got the vaccine and tested positive for COVID but wasn't even the slightest bit ill.
Nope. Why did every hospital require them ?
Dangerous ? What BS. You’re smarter than every medical research facility in the United States, right ?

Every hospital required them because no hospital wanted to be the hospital that the media and general population pointed at and said: "See, that hospital doesn't care about it's patients." It was all about image.

Who said anything was dangerous? Not me.

I stated facts. The fact is that unless you're wearing an N95 for level three mask, you're not doing anything at all. Any "Medical research facility" that tells you different, isn't worth paying attention to.

In actual real science, a result like that cannot be stated as fact. Since there was no control group you haven't the slightest clue as to the effectiveness of masks or the vaccine. You cannot logically and factually claim it was blunted. You have no way of knowing if things would have been better or worse without masks and vaccines.

During the pandemic, I took care of patients who had the vaccine and were sick as shit. I myself never got the vaccine and tested positive for COVID but wasn't even the slightest bit ill.

Every hospital required them because no hospital wanted to be the hospital that the media and general population pointed at and said: "See, that hospital doesn't care about it's patients." It was all about image.

Who said anything was dangerous? Not me.

I stated facts. The fact is that unless you're wearing an N95 for level three mask, you're not doing anything at all. Any "Medical research facility" that tells you different, isn't worth paying attention to.
Too bad you think you are so much smarter than the Mayo Clinic. You ready to disregard them, Mass General, etc.
Medical science illiteracy seems to come in all forms. You being such an expert, in a hospital ? Doubtful.

Sounds like a good idea. No Trump loving patriot should ever allow themselves to be vaccinated. Freedom!!!!

Sounds like a good idea. No Trump loving patriot should ever allow themselves to be vaccinated. Freedom!!!!

Agreed. But every one of you clods need to be boosted, have a face diaper, and be locked down in your apartments.

It's not safe for you.

Too bad you think you are so much smarter than the Mayo Clinic. You ready to disregard them, Mass General, etc.
Medical science illiteracy seems to come in all forms. You being such an expert, in a hospital ? Doubtful.

From the article you posted: "When used with measures such as getting vaccinated, hand-washing and physical distancing, wearing a face mask slows how quickly the virus that causes COVID-19 spreads."

If I got vaccinated, washed my hands regularly, and physically distanced but did not wear a mask, I would also slow the spread of COVID, very likely to the exact degree. I don't have to be smarter than them, I just know how science actually works.

Last edited:
If masks work and you are wearing a mask, why would you care whether I was wearing one or not? You're fine right? You have a mask on right?

If you're vaccinated and if vaccines work, why do you care if I am not vaccinated? Vaccines work so you're protected right? Don't pretend you give a shit about me.

Forum List

Back