Sending a Boy To Do A Man's Job?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Those of us on the Right warned in 2008 that electing one with as thin a resume as Obama would require on-the-job training, hardly a positive in a President.
Here we are some four years after the training began....and it's difficult to see any improvement.

1. "Naive about the levers of power: Where to start? Obama reversed course on congressional authorization at the last minute, after a private chat with his chief of staff, and to the surprise of his national security team--all in violation of presidential best practices.

2. He then left the country on a quixotic trip to Russia, allowing misgivings to grow in Congress and the public before he could build a case for striking Syria. Boxed in, Obama seized upon a Russian proposal to put Syria's weapons in the hands of the international community. It's an impractical solution, a fig leaf. Either Obama trusts Russian President Vladimir Putin (a mistake) or he is a partner in deceit (an outrage).

a. A Democratic strategist who works closely with the White House, and who requested anonymity to avoid political retribution, told me, "This has been one of the most humiliating episodes in presidential history."

4. Too cute by half: Obama and his allies are masters of "spin," packaging partial truths and outright distortions to a malleable public. With Syria, their dark arts are on full display. There is no other way to explain the White House disowning Secretary of State John Kerry's call for Syria to turn over its stockpiles until the savvy Putin seized on the off-the-cuff remark as a way to protect ally Bashar al-Assad.

5. Suddenly, the White House is touting the Putin plan as their brainchild, an outcome Obama had in mind when he travelled to Russia. Don't buy it.

6. A broader problem is the Obama White House's inability to break through the clutter of 21st century media to educate and persuade Americans on policy, a communications conundrum that dates to the 2009 health care debate.

7. No friends: No student of the presidency would claim that Obama's problems with Congress could be solved simply by schmoozing them. There are structural and political problems that no amount of alcohol can solve.

8. ...as a matter of history and common sense, Obama could do better for himself and his causes if he got to know Congress better--if he listened and engaged in a way that pushes leaders toward solutions that help both sides. Instead, Obama has what one former top adviser called a "check-the-box" approach to Washington relations. He'll spend enough time to maintain appearances, nothing more, and lectures people who demand to be heard.

9. And so, as he faced an international and constitutional crisis, Obama and his team were in a familiar state: isolated, insular, and alone.

10. Whenever his leadership is questioned, Obama and his allies accuse the critics of overstating the powers of the presidency and understating the intransigence of the opposition. Their argument has some merit. At home, the presidency has ceded power to Congress in recent years and the Republican Party is unusually obstinate. Abroad, Putin, Assad, and other nefarious world leaders cannot be swayed by reason alone. But Obama bears more responsibility than he is willing to admit, and polls show a growing number of voters are questioning his leadership."
Syria Tells You Everything You Need to Know About Barack Obama - NationalJournal.com

In the run-up to the recent election Obama's string of foreign policy failures was highlighted in these precincts.

The real failures are the folks who put him in office.

He got Putin to put the squeeze on Syria. Sounds like a REAL "good old boy" to me. :clap2:

The NSA intercepted this Hallmark card Assad sent to Putin:

"Thanks so much, Vlad....

I got a real kick out of the way you pushed 'Mom-jeans' Obama over his own 'red line in the sand'....

...and then kicked the sand in his face!!

Your pal,

Bashy

Lunch again on Wednesday?
Have your people call my people."

He got Putin to put the squeeze on Syria. Sounds like a REAL "good old boy" to me. :clap2:

Really? What "squeeze" would that be?

Say Bashar, you pretend to turn over some fake chemical weapons and I'll make sure to block any enforcement measures at the UN. And btw, how many SAMs do you want?

The left is so fucking gullible.

Really? What "squeeze" would that be?

Say Bashar, you pretend to turn over some fake chemical weapons and I'll make sure to block any enforcement measures at the UN. And btw, how many SAMs do you want?

The left is so fucking gullible.

Obama is testing the left's spin machine to it's limits.

U all mad that you're hero Vlady's been played? That's all I see in the responses to my post. There's nothing in them that doesn't come down to sheer frustration that Obama may be up for another Nobel! :D

The Obama spin machine having a bit of trouble over the Syrian issue..... :lol:

windturbineonfire.png

The boy said his heart goes out to the victims of todays shooting families. The tragedy will be investigated and the perpetrators will be brought to justice...he was reading from notes left over from the Benghazi fiasco.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be a surprise to any sane person that the same deranged Obama haters who went full flip flop from their Bush/Iraq bellicosity to become full fledged isolationist peaceniks over Syria

are now flop flipping back to where they're attacking Obama for NOT bombing Syria.

U all mad that you're hero Vlady's been played? That's all I see in the responses to my post. There's nothing in them that doesn't come down to sheer frustration that Obama may be up for another Nobel! :D

I hear he's mentioned as a successor to the Pope.

For a week the 'nuts have been telling us this was a terrible outcome, or turn of events, and yet,

not one of them can articulate in plain English what the better outcome could have been.

The derangement volume has been turned up to eleven.

For a week the 'nuts have been telling us this was a terrible outcome, or turn of events, and yet,

not one of them can articulate in plain English what the better outcome could have been.

He should have never drawn any "lines".
After he drew "a line" (which he now denies) he shoulda stuck to it.

Better outcome? How about Assad overthrown, Assad punished for using chemical weapons, U.S. follows through on its threat.
You know, all those things Obama promised would happen?

The boy said his heart goes out to the victims of todays shooting families. The tragedy will be investigated and the perpetrators will be brought to justice...he was reading from notes left over from the Benghazi fiasco.
Negged for extremely poor taste in light of an ongoing tragedy. .. :evil:

And yes...you're right...Benghazi is an ongoing tragedy. GFY....again.

Forum List

Back