Sequestration: Blame goes to GOP

I am still waiting, edthefactbulemic...

Now that is a first use...'factbulemic'.

I get copyrights on 'factanorexic'. ....
The condescending pinhead is too illiterate to know a bulimic overeats and then vomits what he overate, in this case overeating FACTS as a factbulimic and then vomiting those facts back at the Right. The fool was too stupid to know he was giving me a compliment!!! :rofl::lmao:

March 01, 2012
RUSH: To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it." It's a blessing! You know, the worst thing would be to be dumb and to know it -- and there's evidence all over that the dumb do not know they're dumb.

poor ed, nuance is not your strong suit eh? you refuse to digest what is......is that simple enough for you?

the cuts if you please....

No the UPROAR is that Boner's sequester requires ACROSS THE BOARD cuts to the military instead of cutting an equal amount required by Boner's sequester from the bloat and waste wherever it is found.
Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself???

thats why I explained the budget process to you moron ( which only requires 50 votes to dummy, sound familiar?), which is what boehner has preferred and then tried to surface cut cap and balance..... there is and has been no way obama wants a formal budget done, thats why we have the sequester you nitwit. you're boring me now and stop cherry picking, thats always a bad sign, meltdown coming... :rolleyes:

again- you got the revenue, where are the cuts?

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause."
- Victor Hugo

This is just "All Drama" Obama trying to scare the American people into thinking the world will come to end if he doesn't get his way. Ever notice whenever Obama is being confronted with the reality of getting serious about dealing with the national debt and entitlement reform, he has to throw his little tantrum fit ...,, whining, kicking, stomping, and complaining as to why we can't do it. The republicans need to stand up and just call his bluff of "crying wolf". We already know this administration isn't serious when it comes to our debt...... you gotta be kidding me, hell he can't even get the senate to pass a simple "budget". Someone needs to stand up and take the leadership role, if this President refuses to.

Last edited:
Honestly I just cannot believe what assholes some of ya'll making of yourselves.

A bill sponsored by 15 Republicans and STILL you guys are denying that the Sequestor is a GOP invention.

You were saying?

S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Introduced:
Feb 16, 2011 (112th Congress, 2011–2013)
Sponsor:
Sen. Thomas “Tom” Harkin [D-IA]
Signed by the President
COSPONSORS: NONE
Budget Control Act of 2011 (2011; 112th Congress S. 365) - GovTrack.us
I notice no response to your facts proving libtards lying, again. Facts scare them away.

Honestly I just cannot believe what assholes some of ya'll making of yourselves.

A bill sponsored by 15 Republicans and STILL you guys are denying that the Sequestor is a GOP invention.

You were saying?

Introduced:
Sponsor:
Signed by the President
I notice no response to your facts proving libtards lying, again. Facts scare them away.
OH he'll be along some time I sure he's just busy with other things
Doing his hair
washing his face
shaving
Doing laundry
:eek:

Me? no not at all, your stupidity is tiresome but you're entitled to it and you do it well. :rolleyes:

don't try that shit one me either with that "why did it have to be ignored", "why did it expire". it expired, bush was not end running the law, so your point is poopy.

pelosi and obama were and are end running it. period. suck it up, now if you had read and digested this the past 4-5 times I told you this very same thing, you would not have put your shoe in your mouth again.

what first are you even talking about, you're not even making sense.:rolleyes:

so again, where are the cuts obama promised and said he would provide ala deficit reduction and 'balance', he got the revenue, concentrate now becasue thats really the topic, sequester why the gop wants to let it roll and why obama after embracing it, now is shitting his pants 'frothing' at the horror of it all...

so? do you have an answer?

You can deny the history all you want, Trajan..

But the fact still remains..Bush screwed the Pooch so badly..that even with Paygo, congress had to start acting..and acting fast to avert financial cataclysm. And it wasn't even enough..because it wound up going into the next administration.

Hence the initial big spending in 2009 were a result of the big fucking mess left by your hero.

But take a look at the numbers..spending has been going DOWN..along with the DEFICIT, dude.

So it seems, Obama has been KEEPING HIS PROMISE, even though the numbers given out by the Bush administration WERE WRONG.

That's NOT ENOUGH for you folks. Your boys in Congress want to crash the economy to fulfill Grover Norquist's fantasy. And it's funny you guys didn't trot him out at ALL during the Bush administration.

:cuckoo:
Bush has been long gone wise up this is all obama, and the democratic policies from the past .
Hey retard - no more posting until you finish eating your paste.

ralphwiggum.gif

obama and the dems have painted themselves into their own corner, over that ten year window , the 1.2 trillion he alludes to above, is still short as the sequester only cuts 850 Bn, if he and the dems cannot even stomach 850 bn, there is no way they are coming up with another 350 bn either, and, remember when he made this speech he didn't have his tax revenues either.

I am sure this will all make Eds head explode, but theres no way out.
For a Know-it-all you don't even know what is happening around you!!!!

If you remember, to delay the sequester from January to March cuts were agreed upon to offset more than what would have been cut by the sequester for those two months. the $85 billion that remains is for the remaining 10 months of 2013, it is not $85 billion a year for the remaining 9 years.

You lost move on and take your damn loser whinny ass bitch president with you.

New poll about who gets sequester blame:

49% Republicans
31% Obama

Looks like you lose, retard.

E59xowN.png

Bitch are you saying the left leaning politifact is lying? Are you calling Woodward a liar?
I'm saying that July 25 comes before July 27.

Are you disputing that? :lol:
Holy fuck.

July comes just before August. The fucking crap passed in August. EARLY August. August 2, in fact.

Are you REALLY claiming that an inchoate idea was first thought up by Boehner in LATE fucking July but crammed through Congress in August?

The origination of the notion of using SOME kind of "sequester" obviously preceded late July.

The original SENATE bill passed in February, by the way. The HOUSE amended it. The Senate had to confirm the bill as amended by the House. History of Bills, Volume 157 (2011) - S. 365: An original bill to make a technical amendment to the...

So if you imagine that Boehner and the GOP came up with the thing on 7/25 and got it passed "snap" just like that, then you are just plain silly.

You've been touting the July 27 date as proof that Obama came up with sequestration.

Why didn't you come to this conclusion about that?

Goose/gander.

Are you fundamentally dishonest?

I'm saying that July 25 comes before July 27.

Are you disputing that? :lol:
Holy fuck.

July comes just before August. The fucking crap passed in August. EARLY August. August 2, in fact.

Are you REALLY claiming that an inchoate idea was first thought up by Boehner in LATE fucking July but crammed through Congress in August?

The origination of the notion of using SOME kind of "sequester" obviously preceded late July.

The original SENATE bill passed in February, by the way. The HOUSE amended it. The Senate had to confirm the bill as amended by the House. History of Bills, Volume 157 (2011) - S. 365: An original bill to make a technical amendment to the...

So if you imagine that Boehner and the GOP came up with the thing on 7/25 and got it passed "snap" just like that, then you are just plain silly.

You've been touting the July 27 date as proof that Obama came up with sequestration.

Goose/gander.

ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me,

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

If you remember, to delay the sequester from January to March cuts were agreed upon to offset more than what would have been cut by the sequester for those two months. the $85 billion that remains is for the remaining 10 months of 2013, it is not $85 billion a year for the remaining 9 years.

49% Republicans
31% Obama

E59xowN.png

Retard doesn't matter if people believe a lie what matters is this obama proposed it, signed for it, and will veto any bill that try's to divert the cuts from happening. His words. Don't like it whiny to him.

Holy fuck.

Goose/gander.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

All that matters is this obama proposed it, signed for it, and will veto any bill that try's to divert the cuts from happening. His words. Don't like it whiny to him

49% Republicans
31% Obama

E59xowN.png

this is not surprising, the media has been framing this in his favor from day 1, and even wapos article ala Woodward ( that you cannot seem to comprehend and insist on misunderstanding along with the boehner link) doesn't matter much, you've bumped into the truth, got up, brushed yourself off and have moved along.

you enjoy having your mind made up for you? hello, its ALWAYS s always a tax problem, NOT a spending problem, because the media , like obama are liberal and favor it that way, you do get that, right?

so, is that it?

is this the reason obama won't come up with a plan for those balanced cuts he touted? hes won politically so we all lose? You going to whine again how the gop doesn't meet him half way? :rolleyes:

thats why I explained the budget process to you moron ( which only requires 50 votes to dummy, sound familiar?), which is what boehner has preferred and then tried to surface cut cap and balance..... there is and has been no way obama wants a formal budget done, thats why we have the sequester you nitwit. you're boring me now and stop cherry picking, thats always a bad sign, meltdown coming... :rolleyes:

again- you got the revenue, where are the cuts?

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause."
- Victor Hugo

Your whining indicates that you realize you are defeated.
What are you, 12 years old?

49% Republicans
31% Obama

E59xowN.png

this is not surprising, the media has been framing this in his favor from day 1, and even wapos article ala Woodward ( that you cannot seem to comprehend and insist on misunderstanding along with the boehner link) doesn't matter much, you've bumped into the truth, got up, brushed yourself off and have moved along.

you enjoy having your mind made up for you? hello, its ALWAYS s always a tax problem, NOT a spending problem, because the media , like obama are liberal and favor it that way, you do get that, right?

so, is that it?

is this the reason obama won't come up with a plan for those balanced cuts he touted? hes won politically so we all lose? You going to whine again how the gop doesn't meet him half way? :rolleyes:
LIBRUL MEDIA!!!!!!!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Goose/gander.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

All that matters is this Obama proposed it, signed for it, and will veto any bill that try's to divert the cuts from happening. His words. Don't like it whiny to him

Come on, man. Seriously, move on. You claim to know the inner works of the Oval Office? You honest think Obama was sitting at his desk kicked back with his feet up or on the links and all of a sudden he was like, "I know! I am going to write up a sequestration!" Why don't blame the real villain, some underpaid overworked intern try to get through polly sci.

ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

All that matters is this Obama proposed it, signed for it, and will veto any bill that try's to divert the cuts from happening. His words. Don't like it whiny to him

Come on, man. Seriously, move on. You claim to know the inner works of the Oval Office? You honest think Obama was sitting at his desk kicked back with his feet up or on the links and all of a sudden he was like, "I know! I am going to write up a sequestration!" Why don't blame the real villain, some underpaid overworked intern try to get through polly sci.

Look, it's not hard to know what obama did when he said what he said during his press conference here's the Video in full shown by CNN
[ame=http://youtu.be/VxegPMvxgEA]President Obama Super Committee Statement (November 21, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]
And here's the text if you want too read it.

STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT ON THE SUPERCOMMITTEE

James S. Brady Press Briefing Room

5:44 P.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. As you all know, last summer I signed a law that will cut nearly $1 trillion of spending over the next 10 years. Part of that law also required Congress to reduce the deficit by an additional $1.2 trillion by the end of this year.

In September, I sent them a detailed plan that would have gone above and beyond that goal. It's a plan that would reduce the deficit by an additional $3 trillion, by cutting spending, slowing the growth of Medicare and Medicaid, and asking the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share.

In addition to my plan, there were a number of other bipartisan plans for them to consider from both Democrats and Republicans, all of which promoted a balanced approach. This kind of balanced approach to reducing our deficit -- an approach where everybody gives a little bit, and everyone does their fair share -- is supported by an overwhelming majority of Americans -- Democrats, independents, and Republicans. It’s supported by experts and economists from all across the political spectrum. And to their credit, many Democrats in Congress were willing to put politics aside and commit to reasonable adjustments that would have reduced the cost of Medicare, as long as they were part of a balanced approach.

But despite the broad agreement that exists for such an approach, there's still too many Republicans in Congress who have refused to listen to the voices of reason and compromise that are coming from outside of Washington. They continue to insist on protecting $100 billion worth of tax cuts for the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans at any cost, even if it means reducing the deficit with deep cuts to things like education and medical research. Even if it means deep cuts in Medicare.

So at this point, at least, they simply will not budge from that negotiating position. And so far, that refusal continues to be the main stumbling block that has prevented Congress from reaching an agreement to further reduce our deficit.

Now, we are not in the same situation that we were -- that we were in in August. There is no imminent threat to us defaulting on the debt that we owe. There are already $1 trillion worth of spending cuts that are locked in. And part of the law that I signed this summer stated that if Congress could not reach an agreement on the deficit, there would be another $1.2 trillion of automatic cuts in 2013 -– divided equally between domestic spending and defense spending.

One way or another, we will be trimming the deficit by a total of at least $2.2 trillion over the next 10 years. That's going to happen, one way or another. We've got $1 trillion locked in, and either Congress comes up with $1.2 trillion, which so far they've failed to do, or the sequester kicks in and these automatic spending cuts will occur that bring in an additional $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction.

Now, the question right now is whether we can reduce the deficit in a way that helps the economy grow, that operates with a scalpel, not with a hatchet, and if not, whether Congress is willing to stick to the painful deal that we made in August for the automatic cuts. Already, some in Congress are trying to undo these automatic spending cuts.

My message to them is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off ramps on this one.

We need to keep the pressure up to compromise -- not turn off the pressure. The only way these spending cuts will not take place is if Congress gets back to work and agrees on a balanced plan to reduce the deficit by at least $1.2 trillion. That’s exactly what they need to do. That’s the job they promised to do. And they've still got a year to figure it out.

Although Congress has not come to an agreement yet, nothing prevents them from coming up with an agreement in the days ahead. They can still come together around a balanced plan. I believe Democrats are prepared to do so. My expectation is, is that there will be some Republicans who are still interested in preventing the automatic cuts from taking place. And, as I have from the beginning, I stand ready and willing to work with anybody that’s ready to engage in that effort to create a balanced plan for deficit reduction.

Now, in the meantime, we've got a lot of work left to do this year. Before Congress leaves next month, we have to work together to cut taxes for workers and small business owners all across America. If we don’t act, taxes will go up for every single American, starting next year. And I’m not about to let that happen. Middle-class Americans can’t afford to lose $1,000 next year because Congress won’t act. And I can only hope that members of Congress who've been fighting so hard to protect tax breaks for the wealthy will fight just as hard to protect tax breaks for small business owners and middle-class families.

We still need to put construction workers back on the job rebuilding our roads and our bridges. We still need to put our teachers back in the classroom educating our kids.

So when everybody gets back from Thanksgiving, it’s time to get some work done for the American people. All around the country, Americans are working hard to live within their means and meet their responsibilities. And I know they expect Washington to do the same.

Thanks.

END 5:50 P.M. EST

Obama Supercommittee Speech Transcript: No Easy Off Ramps to Cutting Deficit

Obama created it bragged about it and stated emphatically that he would veto any bill that tried to get rid of the cuts.

Look, it's not hard to know what obama did when he said what he said during his press conference here's the Video in full shown by CNN
[ame=http://youtu.be/VxegPMvxgEA]President Obama Super Committee Statement (November 21, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. As you all know, last summer I signed a law that will cut nearly $1 trillion of spending over the next 10 years. Part of that law also required Congress to reduce the deficit by an additional $1.2 trillion by the end of this year.

In September, I sent them a detailed plan that would have gone above and beyond that goal. It's a plan that would reduce the deficit by an additional $3 trillion, by cutting spending, slowing the growth of Medicare and Medicaid, and asking the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share.

In addition to my plan, there were a number of other bipartisan plans for them to consider from both Democrats and Republicans, all of which promoted a balanced approach. This kind of balanced approach to reducing our deficit -- an approach where everybody gives a little bit, and everyone does their fair share -- is supported by an overwhelming majority of Americans -- Democrats, independents, and Republicans. It’s supported by experts and economists from all across the political spectrum. And to their credit, many Democrats in Congress were willing to put politics aside and commit to reasonable adjustments that would have reduced the cost of Medicare, as long as they were part of a balanced approach.

But despite the broad agreement that exists for such an approach, there's still too many Republicans in Congress who have refused to listen to the voices of reason and compromise that are coming from outside of Washington. They continue to insist on protecting $100 billion worth of tax cuts for the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans at any cost, even if it means reducing the deficit with deep cuts to things like education and medical research. Even if it means deep cuts in Medicare.

So at this point, at least, they simply will not budge from that negotiating position. And so far, that refusal continues to be the main stumbling block that has prevented Congress from reaching an agreement to further reduce our deficit.

Now, we are not in the same situation that we were -- that we were in in August. There is no imminent threat to us defaulting on the debt that we owe. There are already $1 trillion worth of spending cuts that are locked in. And part of the law that I signed this summer stated that if Congress could not reach an agreement on the deficit, there would be another $1.2 trillion of automatic cuts in 2013 -– divided equally between domestic spending and defense spending.

One way or another, we will be trimming the deficit by a total of at least $2.2 trillion over the next 10 years. That's going to happen, one way or another. We've got $1 trillion locked in, and either Congress comes up with $1.2 trillion, which so far they've failed to do, or the sequester kicks in and these automatic spending cuts will occur that bring in an additional $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction.

Now, the question right now is whether we can reduce the deficit in a way that helps the economy grow, that operates with a scalpel, not with a hatchet, and if not, whether Congress is willing to stick to the painful deal that we made in August for the automatic cuts. Already, some in Congress are trying to undo these automatic spending cuts.

My message to them is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off ramps on this one.

We need to keep the pressure up to compromise -- not turn off the pressure. The only way these spending cuts will not take place is if Congress gets back to work and agrees on a balanced plan to reduce the deficit by at least $1.2 trillion. That’s exactly what they need to do. That’s the job they promised to do. And they've still got a year to figure it out.

Although Congress has not come to an agreement yet, nothing prevents them from coming up with an agreement in the days ahead. They can still come together around a balanced plan. I believe Democrats are prepared to do so. My expectation is, is that there will be some Republicans who are still interested in preventing the automatic cuts from taking place. And, as I have from the beginning, I stand ready and willing to work with anybody that’s ready to engage in that effort to create a balanced plan for deficit reduction.

Now, in the meantime, we've got a lot of work left to do this year. Before Congress leaves next month, we have to work together to cut taxes for workers and small business owners all across America. If we don’t act, taxes will go up for every single American, starting next year. And I’m not about to let that happen. Middle-class Americans can’t afford to lose $1,000 next year because Congress won’t act. And I can only hope that members of Congress who've been fighting so hard to protect tax breaks for the wealthy will fight just as hard to protect tax breaks for small business owners and middle-class families.

We still need to put construction workers back on the job rebuilding our roads and our bridges. We still need to put our teachers back in the classroom educating our kids.

So when everybody gets back from Thanksgiving, it’s time to get some work done for the American people. All around the country, Americans are working hard to live within their means and meet their responsibilities. And I know they expect Washington to do the same.

Thanks.

Obama Subcommittee Speech Transcript: No Easy Off Ramps to Cutting Deficit
I will also add for your reading pleasure the bill obama signed into law. Notice who sponsored it was a democrat with no cosponsors
Introduced:
Sponsor:
Signed by the President

Thanks.

Obama Supercommittee Speech Transcript: No Easy Off Ramps to Cutting Deficit

Your not one of those people who says he did not kill bin Laden are you?

Forum List

Back