Shep Smith deconstructs Trump's Amazon/ USPS whopper

I don't know if true but I read sometime ago a former amazon employee said they pay the usps 1.50 per package regardless of size. Trump probably wants them to increase the rate

You don't know if it is true or not, but you are going to keep spreading the possibly false information without researching it? Way to be a lemming.

Your 100% right I was off by fifty cents

For every Amazon package it delivers, the Postal Service loses $1.46

No, the Postal Service does not “lose” $1.46 per delivery
That would mean they get paid $1.46 less than the service costs

Claiming they could have made more money does not mean they lost money

In fact, they've climbed so much, according to a recent analysis by Citigroup, that the Postal Service should be charging Amazon $1.46 more per package than the $2 or so it does now. "Amazon now enjoys low rates unavailable to its competitors," the Journal story said. "It's as if Amazon gets a subsidized space on every mail truck."

Amazon pays the same bulk rate as everyone else

you're trying to teach math to someone who has a fifth grade education.

Trump should just let them sink.

When they (USPS) fail, and they try to use the argument that the United States is tasked with maintaining a postal service and they need taxpayer dollars to bail them out, tell them to fuck off. They don't take taxpayer dollars, remember?

When they (USPS) fail, and they try to use the argument that the United States is tasked with maintaining a postal service and they need taxpayer dollars to bail them out, tell them to fuck off. They don't take taxpayer dollars, remember?

you seem to think a) they're sinking; b) that trump controls the gubmint by himself.

ijit. this is America not Russia.

I don't know if true but I read sometime ago a former amazon employee said they pay the usps 1.50 per package regardless of size. Trump probably wants them to increase the rate

You don't know if it is true or not, but you are going to keep spreading the possibly false information without researching it? Way to be a lemming.

Your 100% right I was off by fifty cents

For every Amazon package it delivers, the Postal Service loses $1.46

No, the Postal Service does not “lose” $1.46 per delivery
That would mean they get paid $1.46 less than the service costs

Claiming they could have made more money does not mean they lost money

In fact, they've climbed so much, according to a recent analysis by Citigroup, that the Postal Service should be charging Amazon $1.46 more per package than the $2 or so it does now. "Amazon now enjoys low rates unavailable to its competitors," the Journal story said. "It's as if Amazon gets a subsidized space on every mail truck."

Amazon pays the same bulk rate as everyone else

you're trying to teach math to someone who has a fifth grade education.
Those are Trumps claims

Then why doesn’t Congress get off their backs and allow them to make decisions based on profits?

Many red states would lose their deliveries

Get it though your thick, orange skull Donald - USPS receives NO tax dollars and the only reason they are losing money is the Republican congressional mandate to fund their pension plans decades in advance.

Amazon pays the same bulk rate as everybody else pays. With first class mail in decline, USPS is making a FORTUNE off of Amazon and other bulk shippers. Admit it Trumpkins, this is all about Dotard's grudge against Jeff Bezos and WaPo.

Amazon/ USPS is currently a front runner for Politifact's 2018 Lie of the Year.

He won in 2015 for his cumulative and prolific collection of campaign lies:
2015 Lie of the Year: Donald Trump's campaign misstatements

A repeat performance in 2016 for "Fake News" of his own making:
PolitiFact's 2016 Lie of the Year: Fake news

A Three-Peat in 2017 for Russia election meddling being a "made up story":
2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election action is a hoax

And this new one currently leads the pack for 2018, but hey .. it's early and "Nobody has been tougher on Russia" is a close second.

Go Drumpf - Make it a FOUR-Peat! :rolleyes-41:

Trump is a walking lie. This piece of shit wouldn't know how to mouths the words of a truth if his daughter's life depended on it. He lies like breathing. Criminals lie, some of them a lot. But when your entire life is a long string of lies it becomes your reality. Trump no longer lives in a world of fact and truth, to him his opinion is the only truth there is. Which explains his 'fake news' bullshit that he keeps vomiting. He rejects reality because it is antithetical to his entire being. And the people that follow him also live in this phony bubble where their opinions are held above provable fact.

These people live in a fantasy world.

Trump is a walking lie. This piece of shit wouldn't know how to mouths the words of a truth if his daughter's life depended on it. He lies like breathing. Criminals lie, some of them a lot. But when your entire life is a long string of lies it becomes your reality. Trump no longer lives in a world of fact and truth, to him his opinion is the only truth there is. Which explains his 'fake news' bullshit that he keeps vomiting. He rejects reality because it is antithetical to his entire being. And the people that follow him also live in this phony bubble where their opinions are held above provable fact.

There is no filter between Donald's brain and his mouth. Then once it comes out - to him it becomes truth. Or someone shares a whopper of a conspiracy theory and it becomes reality assuming it fits his general worldview.

It's like his golf buddy in Florida who told him there were millions of people voting illegally. Despite no evidence of such, he's held on to this day.

donald-trump-y-u-no-have-brain-to-mouth-filter.jpg

There is no filter between Donald's brain and his mouth. Then once it comes out - to him it becomes truth. Or someone shares a whopper of a conspiracy theory and it becomes reality assuming it fits his general worldview.

It's like his golf buddy in Florida who told him there were millions of people voting illegally. Despite no evidence of such, he's held on to this day.

What you get when you elect a birther

It's none of Trump's fucking business. Again, every other bulk shipper pays the same bulk rate to USPS.

When the usps wants a bailout its trumpenfuhrer's business

There has been no bailout. Only ridiculous and unreasonable pension plan demands by Republicans in an effort to privatize on over to FedEx and UPS.

Guess who that would hurt the most? Older Trump voters in rural areas who don't pay their bills online and LOVE the fact that they can send a first class letter or pay their bills anywhere in the US for half a buck.

What you get when you elect a birther

Or a game show host ...

dfpxrgcuiam9qwu.jpg

It's none of Trump's fucking business. Again, every other bulk shipper pays the same bulk rate to USPS.

You're just an fucking ass in your belief system, thinking it is none of his business that the postal service is under charging for bulk shipping.

Well then they are undercharging every other bulk shipper. Why is Trump picking winners and losers?

WHO's the stupid ass who actually believes this goofiness? :)

Nobody cares.... and nobody watches Shepard Smith

Nobody except 1.8 million people

Shepard Smith Reporting (3PM/ET) notched the network’s most-watched quarter during that hour in total viewers with 1.8 million total viewers (up 23%) and 331,000 (up 45%) in A25-54. At 4PM/ET

FOX NEWS CHANNEL DELIVERS HIGHEST-RATED QUARTER IN CABLE NEWS HISTORY IN 24 HOUR VIEWERSHIP TOPPING ALL OF CABLE IN PRIMETIME AND TOTAL DAY – Fox News Channel Press

But we get it - Those who hate facts don't watch Shep

Shepard Smith, the Fox News anchorman who drives the Fox News faithful crazy

You're just an fucking ass in your belief system, thinking it is none of his business that the postal service is under charging for bulk shipping.

Well then they are undercharging every other bulk shipper. Why is Trump picking winners and losers?

I’m sure Trump demands bulk rate on his own business

the USPS makes a lot of money off of Amazon. and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to lie about a company in order to force down its stock prices

Yep - My mail lady told me a few weeks ago (she was out delivering to Prime customers on Sunday) that without Amazon, they'd be struggling bigly due to the downward trend of first class mail.

I’m sure Trump demands bulk rate on his own business

Yep - gotta get those Chinese ties and all the Chinese Ivanka stuff out to the folks.

the USPS makes a lot of money off of Amazon. and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to lie about a company in order to force down its stock prices

Yep - My mail lady told me a few weeks ago (she was out delivering to Prime customers on Sunday) that without Amazon, they'd be struggling bigly due to the downward trend of first class mail.

the orange loon doesn't care about facts. he just hates that Bezos owns the Washington Post.

the orange loon doesn't care about facts. he just hates that Bezos owns the Washington Post.

Yep - And the old Goebbels oft-repeated Big Lie totally works with Trumptards.

Yep - And the old Goebbels oft-repeated Big Lie totally works with Trumptards.

that's why Donald won the uneducated voters.

Forum List

Back