Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

Except that post was an in house FOX post not a member post. There is no member name with the post. The FOX employees made the post.

Which you just told me awhile ago yourself it is a Breitbart quote!

Are you saying that Andrew Breitbart works in-house for Fox News Channel?
Don't you guys think you are milking the dumb act just a little bit too much?

I told you it was the in house FOX employees who quoted Bigotbart.
IOW, the OP was not "fan driven."

Please provide proof of your claim

0721-originalfoxsherrodstory.jpg

original posting on FoxNews.com. I don't see them calling for the woman to be fired ANYWHERE in it. weird, since yall are claiming it happened.

Well, I don't think that is the most important part of this story, I do think Breitbart using an edited tape that smeared this woman is the ROOT of this mess and it should be the first thing we focus on, and how it whipped across the net like fire....with everyone believing this woman was a racist from it....including myself for a nano second....

How could we all be duped so easily, is secondary to WHO EDITED THE TAPE that slandered this woman and duped us.

Then I would move onward to what lead the Agri secretary and administration to be duped so easily and to cower?
What is even more interesting is that Beck revealed that Bigotbart had the tape since APRIL!!!!!!!
So he had plenty of time to confirm it's accuracy. Whether he edited it or not, he had to know it was a fraud to claim the tape showed her as a racist.

No, actually the man told , i believe it was Hannity, that he received confirmation that the video EXISTED in April, but t hat the DVD clip he received then didn't play anything
If you notice about 50 seconds in Beck makes a point about BigotBart HAVING the tape in April.

Beck's purported "facts" about Sherrod resignation ignore Fox's online promotion of deceptive video and his attacks on her | Media Matters for America

Fox news claims that they broke the story on FOX NEWS.com shortly before it was announced that she resigned....see my thread, liar liar pants on fire, for the link to FOXNEWS saying such. They specifically SAID it was FOXNEWS.COM....they did not say that it was Fox Nation in this article.

(it was announced to Fox news on monday, right after she was fired...guess the admin wanted FOX to be the first to know, because the Agri secretary did not announce it in a press conference until Tuesday morning I think*, so someone from the admin or agri dept called fox news and told them or a Fox reporter on the case was told by the admin or agri dept, I presume?)

And this is your initial post in "Liar Liar:"

LIAR liar, pants on fire!

STOP with the lies that FOX did not report on this until after Sherrod was asked to resign by the Dept of Agriculture head...

FOX news says themselves that they REPORTED IT FIRST.

Quote:
The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

FOXNews.com - Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer

And the foxnews.com item referred to in that post is the one dated July 19, which turns out to be a fairly-written item based on what was known at the time.

The one you linked in your Liar Liar post was the July 20 item.

What does it matter when the press conference took place if the announcement had been made Monday night, as it obviously was by your own link in Liar?

What is even more interesting is that Beck revealed that Bigotbart had the tape since APRIL!!!!!!!
So he had plenty of time to confirm it's accuracy. Whether he edited it or not, he had to know it was a fraud to claim the tape showed her as a racist.

No, actually the man told , i believe it was Hannity, that he received confirmation that the video EXISTED in April, but t hat the DVD clip he received then didn't play anything
If you notice about 50 seconds in Beck makes a point about BigotBart HAVING the tape in April.

Beck's purported "facts" about Sherrod resignation ignore Fox's online promotion of deceptive video and his attacks on her | Media Matters for America

I think Breitbigot scans better that Bigotbart. Just me.

First, media matters is a joke of a source. Second if you will watch the interview with Hannity< i keep thinking it's hannity can someone confirm that?, Breibert clearly says that the video he received in April was UNWATCHABLE. he didn't know what was or wasn't on it beyond what his source told him.

AND what does that have to do with FoxNews anyway? You can attempt to tie FoxNews and Breibert together all you want, but the bad behavior of one, if Breibert did indeed behave badly, does not equal the bad behavior of both.

can you find a link to a member post?
i tried but couldnt tell since every post looks the same to me
Thank you for admitting that the OP was not from a member/fan but was made by a FOX employee. Only the comments come from members, or as another CON puts it, are "fan driven."
i did no such thing
i cant find any post that shows WHO posted it
you said that member posts would show who posted it
please find me one posted by a member
then i will agree it had to be a FoxNews.com employee
That is not what I said, and you know it.
If there are no OPs from members then logic dictates that all OPs are made by FOX employees.
It is illogical to assume that at least one OP has to come from a member for the OPs to come from FOX employees. :cuckoo:
Clearly FOX posts the topics for discussion by the members. FOX controls the topics that way.

Originally Posted by edthecynic
Except that post was an in house FOX post not a member post. There is no member name with the post. The FOX employees made the post.

Last edited:

First, media matters is a joke of a source. Second if you will watch the interview with Hannity< i keep thinking it's hannity can someone confirm that?, Breibert clearly says that the video he received in April was UNWATCHABLE. he didn't know what was or wasn't on it beyond what his source told him.

AND what does that have to do with FoxNews anyway? You can attempt to tie FoxNews and Breibert together all you want, but the bad behavior of one, if Breibert did indeed behave badly, does not equal the bad behavior of both.
Thank you for admitting that Beck and Bigotbart can not BOTH be telling the truth. Clearly Beck is saying Bigotbart had the video since April and could have made it public at anytime, but chose not to make it public until the NAACP went after the teabaggers.

I read a transcript of a Hannity interview with Breitbart that was taped after the full video came to light.

Andrew said the April disk arrived blank and he just said to himself, "I don't have time for this," and forgot about it till the NAACP resolution. Then he contacted the GA guy again for a good (ahem) copy.

Thank you for admitting that the OP was not from a member/fan but was made by a FOX employee. Only the comments come from members, or as another CON puts it, are "fan driven."
i did no such thing
If there are no OPs from members then logic dictates that all OPs are made by FOX employees.
It is illogical to assume that at least one OP has to come from a member for the OPs to come from FOX employees. :cuckoo:

Man you are dishonest. The OP's are links to blogs. for iinstance, I clicked on THIS link

Shirley Sherrod | The FOX Nation and read the blog when you get to the bottom there is a link to read the rest of the story, when you click on IT, it takes you to here

Howard Kurtz - Finger-pointing at Fox in Shirley Sherrod firing

In other words , NO ONE from FoxNews contributes a fucking thing to FoxNation.

How's that taste liar?

Thank you for admitting that Beck and Bigotbart can not BOTH be telling the truth. Clearly Beck is saying Bigotbart had the video since April and could have made it public at anytime, but chose not to make it public until the NAACP went after the teabaggers.

You're not listening fool. He CLEARLY said that yes he had a copy of the video in April, but it was blank and basically forgot about it until the NAACP thing with the Tea Party.

i did no such thing
Clearly FOX posts the topics for discussion by the members. FOX controls the topics that way.

it was the same thing as what you said
but ok, it wasnt exactly what you said
now prove that ONLY fox News employees post topics

i did no such thing

Man you are dishonest. The OP's are links to blogs. for iinstance, I clicked on THIS link

Shirley Sherrod | The FOX Nation and read the blog when you get to the bottom there is a link to read the rest of the story, when you click on IT, it takes you to here

How's that taste liar?
It's the FOX employees who post the articles. If you think otherwise, post a blog article and then link it to the FOXnation site yourself.
How's that taste imbecile?

You're not listening fool. He CLEARLY said that yes he had a copy of the video in April, but it was blank and basically forgot about it until the NAACP thing with the Tea Party.
Nowhere does Beck say the video was blank or that Bigotbart forgot anything.

i did no such thing

Prove that members can do more than comment. Become a member and then start a topic!

I read a transcript of a Hannity interview with Breitbart that was taped after the full video came to light.

Andrew said the April disk arrived blank and he just said to himself, "I don't have time for this," and forgot about it till the NAACP resolution. Then he contacted the GA guy again for a good (ahem) copy.
Well then Beck and BigotBart need to get their stories straight.

How's that taste liar?
It's the FOX employees who post the articles. If you think otherwise, post a blog article and then link it to the FOXnation site yourself.
How's that taste imbecile?

What? I just did, but ok

Here I picked one at random.

It's even titled

AP Scoop: Why Alvin Greene Was Discharged from the Military

the first page on the FoxNews blog says

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Surprise U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene frequently mentions his 13 years of military service, but records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press show that the veteran who has called himself an "American hero" was considered a lackluster service member at best.

The records, which document his superiors' decisions to pass over Greene for promotion, cite mistakes as severe as improperly uploading sensitive intelligence information to a military server, and as basic as an overall inability to clearly express his thoughts and perform basic tasks.

Greene, 32, won a surprise victory in the June 8 Democratic primary. Greene handily defeated Vic Rawl, a former lawmaker and judge who had been considered an easy win by the party establishment.

Up to that point, Greene had done no visible campaigning and had no website, fundraising or staff.

In the weeks since, Greene has given a series of awkward interviews to reporters clamoring for more information on the unemployed man who lives in Manning with his ailing father. In one interview, he suggested that the state's economy could be improved by making and selling action figures depicting him in his uniform. On Sunday, Greene gave his first public speech, a 6 1/2-minute recitation of his previous comments and commitment to jobs and education. He now has a website and says he has raised less than $1,000.

Here is the link

AP Scoop: Why Alvin Greene Was Discharged from the Military | The FOX Nation

At the bottom there is a link which says click here to read the full article

The Associated Press: APNewsBreak: Records show Greene&#39;s military flops

of you click that link , it takes you to a a page NOT on the Fox website which has the full article, which starts out with

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Surprise U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene frequently mentions his 13 years of military service, but records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press show that the veteran who has called himself an "American hero" was considered a lackluster service member at best.

The records, which document his superiors' decisions to pass over Greene for promotion, cite mistakes as severe as improperly uploading sensitive intelligence information to a military server, and as basic as an overall inability to clearly express his thoughts and perform basic tasks.

Greene, 32, won a surprise victory in the June 8 Democratic primary. Greene handily defeated Vic Rawl, a former lawmaker and judge who had been considered an easy win by the party establishment.

Up to that point, Greene had done no visible campaigning and had no website, fundraising or staff.

In the weeks since, Greene has given a series of awkward interviews to reporters clamoring for more information on the unemployed man who lives in Manning with his ailing father. In one interview, he suggested that the state's economy could be improved by making and selling action figures depicting him in his uniform. On Sunday, Greene gave his first public speech, a 6 1/2-minute recitation of his previous comments and commitment to jobs and education. He now has a website and says he has raised less than $1,000.

Ok, ok, you want another?

Ok , right below that there is another title which reads

Face Plant: Pelosi Congress Dead-Last, Gallup Finds

If you click on it, you go here

Face Plant: Pelosi Congress Dead-Last, Gallup Finds | The FOX Nation

and the blog starts out with

Gallup's 2010 Confidence in Institutions poll finds Congress ranking dead last out of the 16 institutions rated this year. Eleven percent of Americans say they have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in Congress, down from 17% in 2009 and a percentage point lower than the previous low for Congress, recorded in 2008.

The Gallup poll was conducted July 8-11, shortly before Congress passed a major financial regulatory reform bill, which President Obama signed into law this week.

Underscoring Congress' image problem, half of Americans now say they have "very little" or no confidence in Congress, up from 38% in 2009 -- and the highest for any institution since Gallup first asked this question in 1973. Previous near-50% readings include 48% found for the presidency in 2008, and 49% for the criminal justice system in 1994.

Directly below that again there is a link which reads click here to read full article

Congress Ranks Last in Confidence in Institutions

Which takes you again to a non Fox website which has an article that starts out thusly

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's 2010 Confidence in Institutions poll finds Congress ranking dead last out of the 16 institutions rated this year. Eleven percent of Americans say they have "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in Congress, down from 17% in 2009 and a percentage point lower than the previous low for Congress, recorded in 2008.

Confidence in Institutions, 1973-2010: Congress -- % Great Deal or Quite a Lot of Confidence

The Gallup poll was conducted July 8-11, shortly before Congress passed a major financial regulatory reform bill, which President Obama signed into law this week.

Underscoring Congress' image problem, half of Americans now say they have "very little" or "no" confidence in Congress, up from 38% in 2009 -- and the highest for any institution since Gallup first asked this question in 1973. Previous near-50% readings include 48% found for the presidency in 2008, and 49% for the criminal justice system in 1994.

Now that is THREE examples I have given you to prove that all FoxNation is a compilation of outside blogs for FoxNation members to find in one spot to comment on. Can you be a man and admit you were mistaken, or do you get added to the legion of left wing liars?

Prove that members can do more than comment. Become a member and then start a topic!

you can NOT start a topic as a member, topics are chosen by the contributing bloggers who are NOT FoxNews employees

The Fox Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i have no interest in becoming a member

There's nothing to defend. The Obama adminstration has proven (again) to be one that stupidly kneejerks at petty crap. They were completely foolish and irresponsible for taking Breitbart at face value and trying to get ahead of the story instead of actually fact checking it themselves.

I sincerely want to thank you for not trying to falsely blame Fox for this and actually blaming the responsible parties in this debacle.

Forum List

Back