Shirley Sherrod: An interesting Timeline of events (wow its not fox new's fault)

Man you are dishonest. The OP's are links to blogs. for iinstance, I clicked on THIS link

Shirley Sherrod | The FOX Nation and read the blog when you get to the bottom there is a link to read the rest of the story, when you click on IT, it takes you to here

Howard Kurtz - Finger-pointing at Fox in Shirley Sherrod firing

In other words , NO ONE from FoxNews contributes a fucking thing to FoxNation.

How's that taste liar?
It's the FOX employees who post the articles. If you think otherwise, post a blog article and then link it to the FOXnation site yourself.
How's that taste imbecile?

What? I just did, but ok

Here I picked one at random.

It's even titled

AP Scoop: Why Alvin Greene Was Discharged from the Military

the first page on the FoxNews blog says

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Surprise U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene frequently mentions his 13 years of military service, but records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press show that the veteran who has called himself an "American hero" was considered a lackluster service member at best.

The records, which document his superiors' decisions to pass over Greene for promotion, cite mistakes as severe as improperly uploading sensitive intelligence information to a military server, and as basic as an overall inability to clearly express his thoughts and perform basic tasks.

Greene, 32, won a surprise victory in the June 8 Democratic primary. Greene handily defeated Vic Rawl, a former lawmaker and judge who had been considered an easy win by the party establishment.

Up to that point, Greene had done no visible campaigning and had no website, fundraising or staff.

In the weeks since, Greene has given a series of awkward interviews to reporters clamoring for more information on the unemployed man who lives in Manning with his ailing father. In one interview, he suggested that the state's economy could be improved by making and selling action figures depicting him in his uniform. On Sunday, Greene gave his first public speech, a 6 1/2-minute recitation of his previous comments and commitment to jobs and education. He now has a website and says he has raised less than $1,000.

Here is the link

AP Scoop: Why Alvin Greene Was Discharged from the Military | The FOX Nation

At the bottom there is a link which says click here to read the full article

The Associated Press: APNewsBreak: Records show Greene's military flops

of you click that link , it takes you to a a page NOT on the Fox website which has the full article, which starts out with

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Surprise U.S. Senate nominee Alvin Greene frequently mentions his 13 years of military service, but records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press show that the veteran who has called himself an "American hero" was considered a lackluster service member at best.

The records, which document his superiors' decisions to pass over Greene for promotion, cite mistakes as severe as improperly uploading sensitive intelligence information to a military server, and as basic as an overall inability to clearly express his thoughts and perform basic tasks.

Greene, 32, won a surprise victory in the June 8 Democratic primary. Greene handily defeated Vic Rawl, a former lawmaker and judge who had been considered an easy win by the party establishment.

Up to that point, Greene had done no visible campaigning and had no website, fundraising or staff.

In the weeks since, Greene has given a series of awkward interviews to reporters clamoring for more information on the unemployed man who lives in Manning with his ailing father. In one interview, he suggested that the state's economy could be improved by making and selling action figures depicting him in his uniform. On Sunday, Greene gave his first public speech, a 6 1/2-minute recitation of his previous comments and commitment to jobs and education. He now has a website and says he has raised less than $1,000.

Ok, ok, you want another?

Ok , right below that there is another title which reads

Face Plant: Pelosi Congress Dead-Last, Gallup Finds

If you click on it, you go here

Face Plant: Pelosi Congress Dead-Last, Gallup Finds | The FOX Nation

and the blog starts out with

Gallup's 2010 Confidence in Institutions poll finds Congress ranking dead last out of the 16 institutions rated this year. Eleven percent of Americans say they have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in Congress, down from 17% in 2009 and a percentage point lower than the previous low for Congress, recorded in 2008.

The Gallup poll was conducted July 8-11, shortly before Congress passed a major financial regulatory reform bill, which President Obama signed into law this week.

Underscoring Congress' image problem, half of Americans now say they have "very little" or no confidence in Congress, up from 38% in 2009 -- and the highest for any institution since Gallup first asked this question in 1973. Previous near-50% readings include 48% found for the presidency in 2008, and 49% for the criminal justice system in 1994.

Directly below that again there is a link which reads click here to read full article

Congress Ranks Last in Confidence in Institutions

Which takes you again to a non Fox website which has an article that starts out thusly

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's 2010 Confidence in Institutions poll finds Congress ranking dead last out of the 16 institutions rated this year. Eleven percent of Americans say they have "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in Congress, down from 17% in 2009 and a percentage point lower than the previous low for Congress, recorded in 2008.

Confidence in Institutions, 1973-2010: Congress -- % Great Deal or Quite a Lot of Confidence

The Gallup poll was conducted July 8-11, shortly before Congress passed a major financial regulatory reform bill, which President Obama signed into law this week.

Underscoring Congress' image problem, half of Americans now say they have "very little" or "no" confidence in Congress, up from 38% in 2009 -- and the highest for any institution since Gallup first asked this question in 1973. Previous near-50% readings include 48% found for the presidency in 2008, and 49% for the criminal justice system in 1994.

Now that is THREE examples I have given you to prove that all FoxNation is a compilation of outside blogs for FoxNation members to find in one spot to comment on. Can you be a man and admit you were mistaken, or do you get added to the legion of left wing liars?
And how exactly does that show that it is not the FOX employees posting those articles but the authors of the articles posting them on FOXnation???
Are AP and Gallup "FANS" who are "DRIVING" the topics??? You were quite emphatic that it was a "fan driven" blog.

FoxNation is a fan driven blog you lying dipshit.

it was the same thing as what you said
but ok, it wasnt exactly what you said
now prove that ONLY fox News employees post topics
Prove that members can do more than comment. Become a member and then start a topic!

you can NOT start a topic as a member, topics are chosen by the contributing bloggers who are NOT FoxNews employees

The Fox Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And where exactly does it sat that NON FOX employees choose the topics???

From your OWN link:

The Fox Nation is a conservative news website operated by the Fox News Channel that began operation on March 30, 2009.
According to Fox News, "Fox Nation will be a forum for Americans to speak out on important and controversial issues, and to act on their beliefs and values — while always upholding the traditional American ideals of free speech, fair play, and tolerance."[1]
The site features news articles, video clips, and links to editorial blogs by noted conservative political commentators like Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer, as well as liberal political commentators, like Susan Estrich. In keeping with the site's purpose, viewers are invited to post comments about the various topics featured on The Fox Nation, which Fox News described as "a new community where all Americans are encouraged to share, discuss, and debate."[1]

There's nothing to defend. The Obama adminstration has proven (again) to be one that stupidly kneejerks at petty crap. They were completely foolish and irresponsible for taking Breitbart at face value and trying to get ahead of the story instead of actually fact checking it themselves.

I sincerely want to thank you for not trying to falsely blame Fox for this and actually blaming the responsible parties in this debacle.

Art and ATL, two guys who give me at least some hope for the left wingers. I applaud both of them for their stands in this thread.

Prove that members can do more than comment. Become a member and then start a topic!

you can NOT start a topic as a member, topics are chosen by the contributing bloggers who are NOT FoxNews employees

From your OWN link:

The Fox Nation is a conservative news website operated by the Fox News Channel that began operation on March 30, 2009.
According to Fox News, "Fox Nation will be a forum for Americans to speak out on important and controversial issues, and to act on their beliefs and values — while always upholding the traditional American ideals of free speech, fair play, and tolerance."[1]
The site features news articles, video clips, and links to editorial blogs by noted conservative political commentators like Bill Kristol and Charles Krauthammer, as well as liberal political commentators, like Susan Estrich. In keeping with the site's purpose, viewers are invited to post comments about the various topics featured on The Fox Nation, which Fox News described as "a new community where all Americans are encouraged to share, discuss, and debate."[1]

Come on man, I'm trying to be real with you, but you're being a fucking Ravi. You know good and well that operated by Fox News =/= FoxNews employees write the blogs.

I fucking showed you THREE that were direct links to outside blogs, do you really claim that I found the only three not written by FoxNews employees?

Are just absolutely incapable of ANY honesty? I mean for God's sakes, what do you gain by lying here? Just tell the truth, you were wrong, and let it go. Fuck, everyone makes mistakes - apparently my latest one was thinking you MIGHT be honest for a change.

Asshole

From your OWN link:

Come on man, I'm trying to be real with you, but you're being a fucking Ravi. You know good and well that operated by Fox News =/= FoxNews employees write the blogs.

I fucking showed you THREE that were direct links to outside blogs, do you really claim that I found the only three not written by FoxNews employees?

Are just absolutely incapable of ANY honesty? I mean for God's sakes, what do you gain by lying here? Just tell the truth, you were wrong, and let it go. Fuck, everyone makes mistakes - apparently my latest one was thinking you MIGHT be honest for a change.

Asshole
And where exactly did I say that FOX employees WRITE the blogs?

CON$ can only debate the straw men they create.

i am on record, in this very thread i believe, that i think what the agriculture secretary and administration did was very wrong, and the agri secretary should be fired for firing her, because in THIS COUNTRY, we are presumed innocent, until PROVEN guilty....

Barney Frank didn't resign when he was accused and neither did jefferson(i think that was his name....the guy with the money in the freezer) until he was convicted....and these were actual accusations of crimes vs prejudice....

yet with this woman, they used their power to intimidate her in to resigning without hearing her out? that ain;t kosher in my book!
____

Good - and do you admit that the Obama administration's very odd and post-haste demand for her firing/resignation is the most important aspect of this story? For if not, you engaging in passive deflection and not embracing the harsh reality of just how inept the Obama White was in this particular case...

Well, I don't think that is the most important part of this story, I do think Breitbart using an edited tape that smeared this woman is the ROOT of this mess and it should be the first thing we focus on, and how it whipped across the net like fire....with everyone believing this woman was a racist from it....including myself for a nano second....

How could we all be duped so easily, is secondary to WHO EDITED THE TAPE that slandered this woman and duped us.

Then I would move onward to what lead the Agri secretary and administration to be duped so easily and to cower?

____

Ah, see, you are deflecting.

You mean to say - the OBAMA administration.

It is the Obama administration's knee jerk reaction that IS the most important component of this story - not some blogger's posting of a video clip he was given - a video clip that does appear to show support among the NAACP membership of the racism being communicated by Mrs. Sharrod's story by the way. ( Which is the second most important component of the story - a racist NAACP)

Fox News reported on the initial clip, and then did far more reporting on the forced resignation created by the Obama administration. No fault there.

So just say it - you are disgusted by the OBAMA administration's handling of this incident or not?

If you can admit disgust toward the Obama administration, you are worthy of a bit more respect around here...

Someone mentions Fox News and leftists go all Islamic Rage Boy. :lol:

rageboy.jpg

There's a good reason that FOX gets heat from the left. FOX has a history of practicing tabloid journalism. They are in the newsinfotainment business. Partisan 'gotcha' stories are what they're famous for, the democrats are the losers on their programs.

The snarly partisan message from FOX is always the same. They advertise as 'fair and balanced' but the conclusion of their news programs is always the same. It's always pro-Republican, pro-right wing.
You don't have to watch Fox.

____

Good - and do you admit that the Obama administration's very odd and post-haste demand for her firing/resignation is the most important aspect of this story? For if not, you engaging in passive deflection and not embracing the harsh reality of just how inept the Obama White was in this particular case...

Well, I don't think that is the most important part of this story, I do think Breitbart using an edited tape that smeared this woman is the ROOT of this mess and it should be the first thing we focus on, and how it whipped across the net like fire....with everyone believing this woman was a racist from it....including myself for a nano second....

How could we all be duped so easily, is secondary to WHO EDITED THE TAPE that slandered this woman and duped us.

Then I would move onward to what lead the Agri secretary and administration to be duped so easily and to cower?

____

Ah, see, you are deflecting.

You mean to say - the OBAMA administration.

It is the Obama administration's knee jerk reaction that IS the most important component of this story - not some blogger's posting of a video clip he was given - a video clip that does appear to show support among the NAACP membership of the racism being communicated by Mrs. Sharrod's story by the way. ( Which is the second most important component of the story - a racist NAACP)

Fox News reported on the initial clip, and then did far more reporting on the forced resignation created by the Obama administration. No fault there.

So just say it - you are disgusted by the OBAMA administration's handling of this incident or not?

If you can admit disgust toward the Obama administration, you are worthy of a bit more respect around here...

no, I don't think so sinatra, you seem to be the one on a paid mission to deflect from the internet right wing breitbart/media, and how successful they were by being deceitful and what THEY DID to slander this woman....

YES, it was WRONG for the USDA/administration to cower to the demands of the right wing, without doing due diligence....

without realizing that Breitbart used an edited tape,

and with their cowering to Foxnews.com, who had not done their journalistic duty in vetting the tape and this story before going to print on it, and who was also demanding 'Answers from the NAACP and USDA' on this woman and what she had supposedly said.

(and wrong to let all the other right wing blogging frenzy that took place on the net, make them short sited and FOOLISH.)

The culprit and ROOT of the PURE DECEIT and SLANDER towards this woman, came from the right wing Breitbart (and their cohorts)....and we need to find out IF THEY INTENTIONAL used this highly edited video, to do such slander and defamation of character on sherrod....just to deflect from their own possible prejudices.

just like you HAD TO find out the problem with the unproven reporting on Bush from Dan Rather and CBS imho.

Care

p.s. I am disgusted at the way Breitbart deceived us and disgusted that the USDA AND ADMIN, bought in to it.

There's not a news agency in the country that's not spinning the news to make a buck from their loyal watchers and readers. Kill em all and be done with it.

There's not a news agency in the country that's not spinning the news to make a buck from their loyal watchers and readers. Kill em all and be done with it.

(easier said than done)

this was not spinning, this was intentional deceit and malice.

There's nothing to defend. The Obama adminstration has proven (again) to be one that stupidly kneejerks at petty crap. They were completely foolish and irresponsible for taking Breitbart at face value and trying to get ahead of the story instead of actually fact checking it themselves.

I sincerely want to thank you for not trying to falsely blame Fox for this and actually blaming the responsible parties in this debacle.

No problem.

FoxNews doesn't come out of this smelling like roses at the end, either. People seem to have latched onto the idea that because Fox didn't call for her firing or resignation before it happened that they are clear of any criticism in what happened here. They did, in fact report the story before she was fired and they reported it with Breitbart's original spin. They pounced and were eager participants sans the facts (like the Obama Admin) in the trouncing of Sherrod when it came out that she resigned. They were quite gleeful about it. When the truth came out they switched gears seamlessly and began talking out of the other side of their mouths. Of course, that's to be expected of them being all "Fair and Balanced" but it's not expected nor is it acceptable coming from the White House.

Notice the fox viewers equate reporting news to spinning?

They really dont seem to understand what news stations are supposed to do.

They think its all spin because all they get is spin.

Notice how TM thinks I'm a Fox News viewer and that my post, which is critical of Fox, is somehow defending them?

:cuckoo:

Fox news first reported on the Shirley Sherrod Video and resignation on Bill O'reilly's show at 8:00 pm on July 19th.

Shirley Sherrod was called by the White House during her afternoon drive home and asked to resign, before 5:00pm on July 19th (eastern) when Glenn Beck aired, according to her own words on CNN. In her own words they had her pull over to the side of the road and resign on the spot, before getting home.

YouTube - Shirley Sherrod defends her record

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.
Sorry, PP...you are incorrect.

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

:lol:

Nice find there on Foxnation.com ravi. Unfortunately that isn't the fox news channel it is a FOX subsidary though.

Do you happen to have a similar example from the Fox News Network itself or Foxnews.com itself too? I would like to see it if you do so I'm not ill informed, thanks.

BTW dont read those comments, people who leave comments on that foxnation should move to the moon or something.

Notice how TM thinks I'm a Fox News viewer and that my post, which is critical of Fox, is somehow defending them?

:cuckoo:

TruthMatters Article and I know each other personally and I can tell you from experience he may occasionally flip on fox news but he is no fox news fan. He is very open minded and takes things as they come regardless of politcial leanings.

Thats how I feel too.

Dont get me wrong i'm not saying fox news didn't report the story using that hatched video as they did. All i'm saying is that she had already resigned before the fox news channel ever aired the tape/story. People like bill o'reilly on fox news apologized for not doing due diligence before reporting on the lady's resignation and the video that caused it.

I just hope Obama's admin doesn't react like this all the time to all sorts of other issues.

Last edited:
Fox news first reported on the Shirley Sherrod Video and resignation on Bill O'reilly's show at 8:00 pm on July 19th.

Shirley Sherrod was called by the White House during her afternoon drive home and asked to resign, before 5:00pm on July 19th (eastern) when Glenn Beck aired, according to her own words on CNN. In her own words they had her pull over to the side of the road and resign on the spot, before getting home.

YouTube - Shirley Sherrod defends her record

The whitehouse fired her based off of Breitbart alone and didn't even do the lady the diligence to check.

Anyone blaming Fox news for this is either a dupe or intentionally dishonest at this point considering she resigned before fox news even reported on it.

FOX posted this on their website on or before 1:41 PM on July 19th as this google cache pages shows (scroll down and look at the times of the comments)

Caught on Tape: Obama Official Discriminates Against White Farmer | The FOX Nation

Nice find there on Foxnation.com ravi. Unfortunately that isn't the fox news channel it is a FOX subsidary though.

Do you happen to have a similar example from the Fox News Network itself or Foxnews.com itself too? I would like to see it if you do so I'm not ill informed, thanks.

BTW dont read those comments, people who leave comments on that foxnation should move to the moon or something.
As far as I can tell, Fox Nation is owned and operated by Fox News. They chose who may post articles on Fox Nation. Readers may comment on the articles but FOX controls the posting of the actual articles.

So the claim that Fox is innocent of hyping and spreading the story is disingenuous at best.

Experience in office is suppose to wise you up by now. Been said here before, but bears repeating, you can't fix stupid.
IMO, only an idiot would believe Obama had anything to do with firing this woman.

And that belief kind of collides with the other popular wingnut belief that Obama is racist against white people.

As far as I can tell, Fox Nation is owned and operated by Fox News. They chose who may post articles on Fox Nation. Readers may comment on the articles but FOX controls the posting of the actual articles.

So the claim that Fox is innocent of hyping and spreading the story is disingenuous at best.

The fox news channel didn't report on it until hours after her resignation as far as I know but if you do have evidence that they aired it on cable news prior to her resignatoin please do share it so I can recant my position thus far.

The fox news channel and foxnews.com did not air it prior to her being asked to resign by obama's admin then resigning as far as I can find (and i did look for about 20 min after I saw your link)

Forum List

Back