Should a 14 yr old be trialed as an adult?

I don't know, my brain was pretty developed when I was 14, and I knew well enough not to kill people.
If this kid is already killing people before his brain even develops, can you imagine what he might do once it is?

Probably become a leftist politician.
wait.. you left something out. I added the proper word... hope you don't care

He was obviously a threat to society. I hope they put him down, sending a message to all would-be shooters
The test doesn’t involve whether he was a threat to society.

Assuming (as I do) that he is the murderer, there is no doubt that he was a threat.

But the question is whether that particularly fucked-up individual should be treated as an adult for purposes of trying him and (assuming a conviction) sentencing him.

The test doesn’t involve whether he was a threat to society.

Assuming (as I do) that he is the murderer, there is no doubt that he was a threat.

But the question is whether that particularly fucked-up individual should be treated as an adult for purposes of trying him and (assuming a conviction) sentencing him.
I frankly don't see the difference. If you do the crime, you do the time (or get executed). i mean, it looks to me like 1 plus 1 which always equals the same sum, 2.

Murder someone, end up fried.

Any 14 year old, any 10 year old understands that.

I frankly don't see the difference. If you do the crime, you do the time (or get executed). i mean, it looks to me like 1 plus 1 which always equals the same sum, 2.

Murder someone, end up fried.

Any 14 year old, any 10 year old understands that.
We differ.

Some of us maintain that prior to the full development of a human’s psyche, it is wrong to treat a child as an adult.

Also, as a mere personal matter, I’d be horrified if we lived in a society where we put children down like rabid dogs.

Yes .. a 14-year-old should be convicted like an adult when committing such a heinous crime. If a 14-year-old can make decisions to have their genitalia removed or have an abortion, they are already making adult decisions.

then we should allow them to buy booze and gamble and all the other thing we allow adults to do

then we should allow them to buy booze and gamble and all the other thing we allow adults to do
Don't ask me. If 17-year-olds can join the military and carry weapons and kill people .. why is there a discrepancy in age consent? In several states, you can't buy tobacco products or firearms until you're 21. Why isn't there an agreement?

We differ.

Some of us maintain that prior to the full development of a human’s psyche, it is wrong to treat a child as an adult.

Also, as a mere personal matter, I’d be horrified if we lived in a society where we put children down like rabid dogs.
If they act like rabid dogs...

If you saw a dog acting like it was rabid --no, wait, you knew it was--and saw it headed for a group of children, would you, if you had a gun, hesitate to shoot it?

or do you think rabid dogs have equal rights w/ children?

Don't ask me. If 17-year-olds can join the military and carry weapons and kill people .. why is there a discrepancy in age consent? In several states, you can't buy tobacco products or firearms until you're 21. Why isn't there an agreement?

Because we often base laws on emotion and not logic.

I have always said there should be one age of adulthood, not this stupid shit we have now.

Because we often base laws on emotion and not logic.

I have always said there should be one age of adulthood, not this stupid shit we have now.
I completely agree with this .. many laws and ordinances are reactionary in nature, addressing an outcome, as opposed to proactive measures to address an underlying problem.

To me, by the age of ten, a person should be old enough to understand the severity of whatever their agenda may be. The only exception is if they have a severe enough case of autism.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
I am voting no, 14 is not an adult nor are their brains fully developed..his mother is/was a drug addict and his father an idiot

In the case of cold blooded murder? Absolutely.

He should be executed as all murders should be across the board.

Forum List

Back