Should a Jewish Bakery Have the Right to Deny...

He thinks that freedom is forcing people under the threat of guns to do what he believes they should do. It's preposterous.
We do that here, at times, but that's no freedom eh? True freedom is Anarchy. I'm a fan of that either. Tell us, why are there limits on Free Speech? Doesn't that go against the Constitution?
NO. True FREEDOM is living your life and NOT depriving others of their liberty. YOU advocate depriving at the behest of government/political interest.

When laws the intent to decide what people believe or what thoughts they can have or violate their conscience become too oppressive, such as in this instance, the people rebel. Such rebellion is not always against the government imposing such oppressive laws, most of the time it is against the very individuals those laws were supposed to placate.

Why does starting your own business mean you no longer have freedom to make your own choices exactly?

It's based on a basic principle of liberalism that posits you and all you produce are the property of the state. Your business exists to serve the state first and your own purposes second.
That's incorrect. It's based on the idea that societies get to set rules for those within said society.
The Founders would disagree with you.

He thinks that freedom is forcing people under the threat of guns to do what he believes they should do. It's preposterous.
We do that here, at times, but that's no freedom eh? True freedom is Anarchy. I'm a fan of that either. Tell us, why are there limits on Free Speech? Doesn't that go against the Constitution?
NO. True FREEDOM is living your life and NOT depriving others of their liberty. YOU advocate depriving at the behest of government/political interest.
I deal in the real world, not Ayn Rand's fantasyland. Try it sometime.

Last edited:
It's based on a basic principle of liberalism that posits you and all you produce are the property of the state. Your business exists to serve the state first and your own purposes second.
That's incorrect. It's based on the idea that societies get to set rules for those within said society.
No, they wouldn't. It's why they wrote a set of rules we still use called "The Constitution". Did you know it had no Bill of Rights at first? What were your rights then eh? None? All?

The Founders must have had a reason to include freedom of religion in the Constitution and not include the freedom to be a pervert.

You're not making rules, you're just forcing people to do your bidding with guns.
We have those types around as well, we call them Law Enforcement. They help keep the peace and they enforce a lot of limitations on your freedoms BTW.
NO they enforce LAW...not limit FREEDOM you moron.
The cops find my Freedom to walk naked down the street less than amusing usually. I keep telling them I'm free and they keep telling me to put my hands behind my back.

NO you don't get to tell the people what they can DO with their property.
Are you 11-years-old by chance? And yes, we do. Buy some property and find out. And remember to pay your taxes, those come with the property.

And if people don't do with their business what you want them to, then you support government using guns to force them to do it. But only because you're a liberal who believes in freedom...

:cuckoo:
Guns? Those are almost never needed. No, we have City Hall, Zoning Boards, and a whole alphabet soup of State and Federal agencies to guide them towards a better future. Kicking and screaming if necessary.

Are you 11-years-old by chance? And yes, we do. Buy some property and find out. And remember to pay your taxes, those come with the property.

And if people don't do with their business what you want them to, then you support government using guns to force them to do it. But only because you're a liberal who believes in freedom...

Guns? Those are almost never needed. No, we have City Hall, Zoning Boards, and a whole alphabet soup of State and Federal agencies to guide them towards a better future. Kicking and screaming if necessary.

^^Supporter of TYRANNY.

^^Supporter of TYRANNY.
Common sense in this case. Laws make the place livable.

And really, stop being childish and thinking you can do whatever you want. It isn't true.

No, they wouldn't. It's why they wrote a set of rules we still use called "The Constitution". Did you know it had no Bill of Rights at first? What were your rights then eh? None? All?

And WHY were they written...Many Colonies wouldn't sign on without assurances that the PEOPLE and the States could retain their sovereignty...without the FEDERAL Government overriding it. YOU have no clue son.

^^Supporter of TYRANNY.

And really, stop being childish and thinking you can do whatever you want. It isn't true.
But it IS...I've already called YOU out on it. Give up. YOU are a supporter of tyranny.

^^Supporter of TYRANNY.

But it IS...I've already called YOU out on it. Give up. YOU are a supporter of tyranny.
Not at all, but then again your version of TYRANNY is you have to license your dog or we fine you if we find him running loose.

And WHY were they written...Many Colonies wouldn't sign on without assurances that the PEOPLE and the States could retain their sovereignty...without the FEDERAL Government overriding it. YOU have no clue son.
How funny then that they ratified it, two years before they did the Bill of Rights.

But they are based in WHAT?
They are based on many things, that's the point. The good ones on common sense.
NO...the Constitution. YOU are like Holder and Obama...enforce what you like, or NOT and FORGET that the Constitution IS the basis of ALL our laws...and ALL of us are sworn as citizens to uphold it. YOU are a Democracy zealot...and a true Democracy is MOB RULE.

You *FAIL*
Okay. I see it now. You truly are a nutjob. Moving on...

Forum List

Back