Should Arabic Numbers Be Taught in American Public Schools?

Should Arabic Numbers Be Taught in American Public Schools?

• Yes

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it's that....the word arabic.... I am not a great fan of that :21:

it's that....the word arabic.... I am not a great fan of that :21:
tenor.gif

With two new Islamic members of Congress, should we accommodate them and all other Arabs and Muslims by teaching Arabic numbers in public schools?

Dear Admiral Rockwell Tory

And next, with the trend toward removal of any religious or cultural BIASES
from secular public institutions,
we will question which system of dates, years and calendars
the federal government should recognize.

Aztec, Muslim, Buddhist or Christian?

And if the day comes where a class action lawsuit arises over discrimination,
good luck picking a court date. If nobody can agree which calendar to use!

With two new Islamic members of Congress, should we accommodate them and all other Arab and Muslims by teaching Arabic numbers in public schools?

Why not. People are still forced to learn those pointless roman numbers. In addition, unless people know arabic, how will they know if their tattoo really says what it is supposed to?

I hope you’re making a joke

Quick history lesson, Arabs invented nothing except the insane cult of Islam. They adopted inventions from places they militarily took over. India came out with the 0 to 10 thing. Although the Roman numerals still are great.

Huh??? Arabic numerals are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc.--they're the numbers that we've taught in school since the nation was founded. Our numbering system is Arabic numerals.

I think the 56% who answered No in that survey did not understand that our numbers *are* Arabic numerals and that we've been teaching "Arabic numerals" in school for over 200 years.

This merely shows how easily polls can be manipulated by choice of wording.

The big ole clock on my wall has Roman numerals.

I'm offended. And triggered. Wait, first triggered, then offended. It's so hard to get the order right these days....

The clunky and humorless responses to this are very disappointing.

These people would not make good teachers.

With two new Islamic members of Congress, should we accommodate them and all other Arabs and Muslims by teaching Arabic numbers in public schools?
Dimwit, I already posted this very poll. Learn to read.

I bested you so many times now you lash out at every opportunity! You are nothing but an ass! Your posting must obviously have not been done as well as mine because I didn't see it, and would have to search to find it.

What continues to surprise me is how many of my students who cannot read a clock.

Huh??? Arabic numerals are 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc.--they're the numbers that we've taught in school since the nation was founded. Our numbering system is Arabic numerals.

I think the 56% who answered No in that survey did not understand that our numbers *are* Arabic numerals and that we've been teaching "Arabic numerals" in school for over 200 years.
The 56% reacted instinctively as islamophobic racists without using their brains.

The 56% reacted instinctively as islamophobic racists without using their brains.
They don't have brains that is why they blindly attack.

Forum List

Back