Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
You have nothing to say about whom I talk to, so listen up and learn, beagle9..

I am, and those like me, trule followers our Lord and Savior, far more than authority on this issue than any social con crack brain evangelical or fundamentalist follower of heresy like you and your ilk.

Sux to be like you, I know, but you earned the badge of shame.

Dunno. The court isn't addressing 'monosexuals' or 'polysexuals'. Its addressing gay marriage. The specifics of which you seem increasingly reluctant to discuss.
When I'm discussing ANY alternative sexual lifestylist, I AM discussing gay marriage. There is nothing sacred about being gay as opposed to any other type of deviant sexuality. The only sacred thing that will come up in discussions in the upcoming Hearing this year will be individual rights as to marriage vs the privelege that states have always been in control of defining and granting. Ergo, since you cannot discriminate arbitrarily, as you are now hypocritically trying to do, we must discuss all alternative-sexual lifestyles when discussing "gay marriage"..
You know that, oh intellectually-dishonest one.. How come "gay" is so special? Wouldn't "LGBTQ" also include polysexuals? Monosexuals? You bigoted towards them are you? Judgmental of them?

You calling anyone intellectual dishonest is as rich as Croesus. On numerous occasions you have claimed that this thread poll means 80% do not support gay marriage despite the fact that this poll doesn't even ask about gay marriage. You continue to ignore every single poll that does ask the question about same sex marriage directly because it is inconvenient to blind anti-gay narrative.

Give me a break. Gays have been getting married for years in some states and I can't recall a single case of a gay or straight couple suing a church because they refused to marry the couple. Spare us all the fear mongering and overly dramatic claptrap. I am sure your next weak repose will be "yet" and you'll act that is some sort of great victory but we know a silly slippery slope when we see one.

Even if some fools in the future do sue for the aforementioned reasons they would be laughed out of court and more than likely forced to pay the legal fees of the defendant.

Gays have not been getting legally married in most states. "

In 36 states- happy couples are being issued marriage licenses and are legally married.

And the haters hate that.

And the delusional reject that it is even happening.

I am, and those like me, trule followers our Lord and Savior, far more than authority on this issue than any social con crack brain evangelical or fundamentalist follower of heresy like you and your ilk.

But you ignore Jude 1 and Jesus's teachings/warnings in Jude 1 of the New Testament I assume? You'd have to completely ignore it because there's no spinning what is said there. Jesus's personal servant and constant companion Jude recounts how his master/friend and Son of God forbade the promotion of homosexuality as a culture into any social venue. It simply isn't permissable. And for those who ignore the warning awaits eternal damnation in the Pit of Fire. It teaches to hate the affliction while reaching out to the afflicted to show them the error of their ways; in true Christian form: Hate the sin, love the sinner.

How do you square that up oh "true and devout" Jakey? And how do you lie to the public saying "a majority of Americans now support gay marraige" when the poll at the top screams in the opposite direction. To deny what the poll is saying (and I've heard your excuses by now) is to say (realizing that race is not lifestyle) "blacks would be OK with Loving v Virginia, even if it meant some chapels could legally discriminate against them" Which of course is a lie. So the numbers speak for themselves. A majority, a CLEAR majority at the largest poll EVER in USMB history say that gay lifestyles do not belong everywhere....

...that is a fact you cannot dispute.

Give me a break. Gays have been getting married for years in some states and I can't recall a single case of a gay or straight couple suing a church because they refused to marry the couple. Spare us all the fear mongering and overly dramatic claptrap. I am sure your next weak repose will be "yet" and you'll act that is some sort of great victory but we know a silly slippery slope when we see one.

Even if some fools in the future do sue for the aforementioned reasons they would be laughed out of court and more than likely forced to pay the legal fees of the defendant.

Gays have not been getting legally married in most states. Only a small handful have deliberated statewide pro and con and then ratified a new lifestyle to lord over children in incentivized married homes; minus one of the vital genders as parent/role model of course (structurally just like monosexual/single parents).

The fact that we haven't yet seen a LGBT fold case against a church forcing them to marry gays doesn't mean we will not. The public isn't that gullible. Your smoke and mirrors can only stretch so far before it is so thin that everyone can see straight through it.. Like the poll at the top of this page, for example.. 82%...impressive numbers against gay marriage when we're being told "everyone is in support of gay marriage"

Despite all of your hand wringing and teeth gnashing gays are getting legally married. Churches have never been forced to marry anyone; gay or otherwise, against their wishes. There hasn't been a single case where a church was ordered to marry any couple. Not black, not Jewish, not gay, not straight, not interracial...not a single case.

For someone that loves to quote from the Book of Jude so often you sure seem to blatantly ignore Proverbs 12:22 when claiming this poll means 80% are against gay marriage. It doesn't help your case when you have to lie to make your point and make no mistake you lie as effortlessly as I breath.

And once the status of privelege has morphed into a "right", won't churches then be in violation of "civil rights" for refusing to marry homosexuals, monosexuals

As always- what the hell are you talking about?

Monosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction to members of one sex or gender only.[1] A monosexual person may identify as heterosexual or homosexual.[2][3] In discussions of sexual orientation, the term is chiefly used in contrast to bisexuality.[4] It is sometimes considered derogatory by the people to whom it is applied.[2]
Just put sex back into the bedrooms already, and the problems will be solved.. Um, but that isn't going to happen now is it, so the movement will be using new and unheard of before strategy's for it's next move, and the anti-movement who just wants to be left alone will be watchful of that next move in which they are sure the movement will be trying next on someone who has great influence and/or maybe even stardom in the nation, so stay tuned I guess.

The movement within Hollywood works it's power over the stars, by making the stars participate in these things in some kind of way or by using ways to get a star to play a role or act in a movie that seals the deal for them. It isn't hard for them to do this these days, because people, and even the stars are weak in character anymore, and so goes the nation along with them in this weakness.

But you ignore Jude 1 and Jesus's teachings/warnings in Jude 1 of the New Testament I assume? .

Jude 1 doesn't mention homosexuals even once.

Jude 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

And Jesus never once condemned homosexuals.

He did however condemn lying- like you do all the time.

You are a sinner to Jesus.

"All this stuff has become a huge distraction from what is important in life"

Nonsense.

Seeking one's comprehensive civil liberties is of the utmost importance.
Yet all at the expense of another's liberty, is it that important ?

If you don't approve of public accommodation laws- then by all means go ahead and advocate their repeal.

Many of those who support gay marriage also oppose public accommodation laws on a liberty issue.

Many of them are at a city or State level, and would be easier than repealing the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Your argument is with the law- why do you keep arguing about homosexuals?
My argument is the attacks on Christians, and the laws are being used for this I guess, so you might be right that the laws may need to be changed some in order to not be abusive as they are in this respect or because they are being used to abuse with by another, and that is wrong for this nation who is diverse and needs space between the cultures as so to encourage them to be free and live free without being subjected to abuse instead by another culture who would want to do this to another.

But you ignore Jude 1 and Jesus's teachings/warnings in Jude 1 of the New Testament I assume? .

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Um # 7 dude.. Sorry.

And once the status of privelege has morphed into a "right", won't churches then be in violation of "civil rights" for refusing to marry homosexuals, monosexuals

As always- what the hell are you talking about?

Monosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction to members of one sex or gender only.[1] A monosexual person may identify as heterosexual or homosexual.[2][3] In discussions of sexual orientation, the term is chiefly used in contrast to bisexuality.[4] It is sometimes considered derogatory by the people to whom it is applied.[2]
Just put sex back into the bedrooms already, and the problems will be solved.. .

The only 'sex' I see outside the bedroom 'onscreen' is normally heterosexual- and shows that have sex in them are immensely popular.

Big Bang Theory, Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, etc, etc.

Two popular comedies- 2 and half Men and "how I met your mother' were essentially about people trying to get laid.

How do you propose we 'put sex back in the bedrooms'?

Um # 7 dude.. Sorry.

Please feel free to show me that word:

Nonsense.

If you don't approve of public accommodation laws- then by all means go ahead and advocate their repeal.

Many of those who support gay marriage also oppose public accommodation laws on a liberty issue.

Many of them are at a city or State level, and would be easier than repealing the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

My argument is the attacks on Christians, and the laws are being used for this I guess, so you might be right that the laws may need to be changed some in order to not be abusive as they are in this respect or because they are being used to abuse with by another, and that is wrong for this nation who is diverse and needs space between the cultures as so to encourage them to be free and live free without being subjected to abuse instead by another culture who would want to do this to another.

Public accommodation laws aren't 'attacks on Christians'. They simply hold Christians to the same minimum standards of conduct in business that we hold every one else to.

You're demanding special treatment so you can treat certain customers unfairly and unequally. And the answer is no.

Nonsense.

So you really don't care about the laws- except for how they affect Christians?

What about a Muslim baker who refuses to bake a cake for a Christian? Or an orthodox Jewish shoemaker who refuses to do business with a woman?

Listen up, Sil and Beagle 9.

Sil is no Christian by admission and can be ignored when it comes to scriptures.

Beagle9, folks attack Christians, Christians attack others, so get over yourself.

Neither of you have any worth to offer in this discussion based on your unwillingness to be honest and clear.

One, marriage equality will be the law of the land this year; and that will be the end of it.

Two, no one is going to try to make churches marry those whom they wish not.

Three, public accommodation laws are neutral to maintain a fair and level playing ground.

Four, that is the way of it, and you know it.

Um # 7 dude.. Sorry.

Tell me Beagle- what do you think the basic message of Jude 1 is?

Nonsense.

Public accommodation laws aren't 'attacks on Christians'. They simply hold Christians to the same minimum standards of conduct in business that we hold every one else to.

You're demanding special treatment so you can treat certain customers unfairly and unequally. And the answer is no.
No I said that the laws are being used by another to set up or to abuse a shop owner, and that is not what the laws were written for or were intended to be used for either. The constitution of the United states is also under attack, and it has been for quite sometime now.

Hey it is the same tactics that are being used also.

No I said that the laws are being used by another to set up or to abuse a shop owner, and that is not what the laws were written for or were intended to be used for either.

The laws were intended to prevent discrimination against people in business based on race, age, sexual orientation, religion, creed or ethnicity.

And that's what they do.

The constitution of the United states is also under attack, and it has been for quite sometime now.

These are state laws. And the State have every constitutional authority over intrastate commerce. Moreover, its completely reasonable that the states requiring those engaged in commerce in their state to treat their customers fairly and equally.

So your argument fails on two fronts.

The 'attack on Christians' is largely imagined. While the attack on gays and lesbians, isn't.

Um # 7 dude.. Sorry.

It has many messages within it, but the main one is to follow Christ and his teachings in life, but this is just one of the message to those whom believe, and it is also a message (just as anything in the Bible is for), that is spoken and geared towards the sinners that may come seeking someday to respect such a message, and to be saved by these same teachings and message that are given unto them.

No I said that the laws are being used by another to set up or to abuse a shop owner, and that is not what the laws were written for or were intended to be used for either.

The laws were intended to prevent discrimination against people in business based on race, age, sexual orientation, religion, creed or ethnicity.

And that's what they do.

The constitution of the United states is also under attack, and it has been for quite sometime now.

These are state laws. And the State have every constitutional authority over intrastate commerce. Moreover, its completely reasonable that the states requiring those engaged in commerce in their state to treat their customers fairly and equally.

So your argument fails on two fronts.

The 'attack on Christians' is largely imagined. While the attack on gays and lesbians, isn't.
Anything can become a reversal on, and this would include discrimination. If a group or people decide that they would use something for that purpose instead of equality, then we are all abused by this reversal that is used against us now.

We have seen this now in many ways, where as the special privileges that are granted for another, can easily become a way for another to abuse another with, and this be it out of vengeance or even upon the thoughts in which the newly protected might have afterwards. Once granted some see that they now have a government sanctioning of their ideals on life over another, and it suggest to them that everyone else was always wrong, and that they will now pay for that wrong by way of those things in which were granted unto them... They then see it all as a way to get at them by way of now, instead of it being about equality as some might think it was all about...

Equality ? HA it's more like vengeance is what it has become, and that is what some in these groups seek after by way of or by use of these created protections in which to hide behind while attacking another with them.

You see as long as the devil remains in the details, these things can happen, and they have happened. This is why we see some challenges to try and repeal some of these things or to change them, because it is learned that amongst the crowd that certain things were created to protect the group with, it has become a situation where their is a percentage of those within a group who would take those protections, and then to use them to gain access to try and abuse another with.

It is a huge problem that many of the justices didn't take into consideration when granting rights and privileges by law for some, but then not realizing that there is a huge chance that there are many whom may be amongst a group that would abuse those rights and privileges granted unto them, in order to then abuse another or even hundreds of thousands with if they can get away with it.

Last edited:

Um # 7 dude.. Sorry.

It has many messages within it, but the main one is to follow Christ and his teachings in life, but this is just one of the message to those whom believe, and it is also a message (just as anything in the Bible is for), that is spoken and geared towards the sinners that may come seeking someday to respect such a message, and to be saved by these same teachings and message that are given unto them.

Heyy- we agree on something!

Mostly this letter is to warn Christians against 'false teachers'- there is nothing in this letter condemning homosexuality, nor are these Jesus's own words.

The mention of Sodom and Gomorrah is part of a list of Old Testament punishments by God against bad behavior

Forum List

Back