Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Lets ask this guy......

'We Will Burn:' Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins
The architect of a massive effort to challenge a pro-LGBT ruling by the Supreme Court has also offered to be shot. We Will Burn Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins Advocate.com

This is the kind of over the top hysterical equine excrement that is tearing the country apart and encouraging these bakers and photographers to act stupid.

Force me to do something against my will and you sure as hell aren't getting my best effort.

You mean like this? Which one is you?

lunch-counter.jpg

'We Will Burn:' Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins
The architect of a massive effort to challenge a pro-LGBT ruling by the Supreme Court has also offered to be shot. We Will Burn Texas Pastor to Set Himself Aflame if Marriage Equality Wins Advocate.com

This is the kind of over the top hysterical equine excrement that is tearing the country apart and encouraging these bakers and photographers to act stupid.
What, you wanted a monopoly with the threats/use of "gay teen suicides" and your media outlet fanning racial tensions in Missouri and other places in order to attach your cause onto that wave of momentum/sympathy play?

Why would any couple want their wedding performed by a Church that was forced to do it....
Or why would they want a Christian to photograph them or bake them a wedding cake if an agenda isn't on their mind? They would'nt, so why are they doing it, and then acting as if they are surprised when the resistance comes?

They aren't surprised, and everyone including them knows this, but they got to play it out.

And by 'agenda' you mean being treated like everyone else?

But that's not really what they're asking for. 'Everyone else' risks being discriminated against every day. Instead of being treated like everyone else, they're asking to be added to the list of groups covered by 'protected classes' legislation. They're asking for the special privilege of forcing people who don't approve of their sexuality to server them regardless.

Not on so many words, but you imply that by demanding individuals provide services that conflict with personal beliefs.

Public Accommodation laws have withstood Constitutional scrutiny at the Federal level. Your right to practice your religion is not infringed upon by having to follow the law.

Depending on the dictates of a given religion, any law potentially violates a person's freedom to practice their religion. The question is whether that's justified or not. If a religious practice violates the rights of others, it isn't protected. Which is why a religion that practiced ritual human sacrifice wouldn't get a pass on murder laws.

The real question is whether an individual who discriminates against others is violating their rights. I don't see how a 'right to not be discriminated against' makes much sense. Or how we can protect it without trampling more fundamental individual rights like freedom of expression and freedom of association, and yes, freedom of religion.

Why would any couple want their wedding performed by a Church that was forced to do it....
Or why would they want a Christian to photograph them or bake them a wedding cake if an agenda isn't on their mind? They would'nt, so why are they doing it, and then acting as if they are surprised when the resistance comes?

They aren't surprised, and everyone including them knows this, but they got to play it out.

They're asking for the special privilege of forcing people who don't approve of their sexuality to server them regardless.

You mean like how others asked for the 'special privilege of forcing people who don't approve of their" color, religion, national origin, or gender to serve them regardless?

But that's not really what they're asking for. 'Everyone else' risks being discriminated against every day. Instead of being treated like everyone else, they're asking to be added to the list of groups covered by 'protected classes' legislation. They're asking for the special privilege of forcing people who don't approve of their sexuality to server them regardless.

In the States where this is an issue, they're not asking to be added to anything. They're already protected. And we have protected classes because of histories of discrimination.

Which the denials of service because of sexual orientation demonstrates.

They're asking for the special privilege of forcing people who don't approve of their sexuality to server them regardless.

You mean like how others asked for the 'special privilege of forcing people who don't approve of their" color, religion, national origin, or gender to serve them regardless?

Exactly like that, yes. And why shouldn't they? Why shouldn't everyone be protected from discrimination? Why just select groups?

They most certainly do want to be treated like everyone else. They just want to be able to go into a place of business and not have to think about or worry about whether or not they will be served. JUST LIKE YOU

It is those who believe that they have the right to discriminate in the name of god who want a special privilege to do so.

Force me to do something against my will and you sure as hell aren't getting my best effort.

lunch-counter.jpg
I see nothing in my religious beliefs that says a negro sitting at a lunch counter is sinful.

That's the beauty of religion:. Its so subjectively interpretative. As religion has most definitely been used to justify segregation:

Is Segregation Scriptural by Bob Jones Sr 1960 A Time To Laugh

lunch-counter.jpg
I see nothing in my religious beliefs that says a negro sitting at a lunch counter is sinful.

And many Christians see nothing in their religious beliefs that says selling a wedding cake is sinful.
Agreed. Gays should seek them out and buy their cakes there.

lunch-counter.jpg

And many Christians see nothing in their religious beliefs that says selling a wedding cake is sinful.

And Negroes should seek out and buy their lunch from places that don't object to serving Negroes.

They most certainly do want to be treated like everyone else. They just want to be able to go into a place of business and not have to think about or worry about whether or not they will be served. JUST LIKE YOU

It is those who believe that they have the right to discriminate in the name of god who want a special privilege to do so.

And they can do so anywhere, with very few, if any exceptions.

What they can NOT do, is to demand that people accept their behavior, where that behavior sets out to codify deviancy, through the public celebration of such, wherein they set themselves within institutions which are by natural design the exclusive domain of the HETERO-SEXUAL.

See how that works?

See, I can go into the Miami Football Stadium and be treated just like everyone else. What I can't do is to expect that I should be welcomed into the locker room, to suit up as a starting linebacker.

And this is because I am not qualified to BE a starting Linebacker. I don't have the skills, the speed, or a contract.

Ya see, to get a contract, ya have to have the qualifications... and since I'm not qualified for a contract, it's not reasonable for me to expect that I'll be allowed to get one.

Anything getttin' through here?

Most kinds of discrimination aren't illegal. People are discriminated against every day because they're ugly, poor, fat, stupid, etc.... Should those traits also be added to the protected classes list?

What they can NOT do, is to demand that people accept their behavior, where that behavior sets out to codify deviancy, through the public celebration of such, wherein they set themselves within institutions which are by natural design the exclusive domain of the HETERO-SEXUAL.

Natural design according to you, pretending to be 'nature'. But there are clearly valid bases of marriage that have nothing to do with procreation or the ability to have kids. As all the infertile or childless couples marrying or allowed to stay married demonstrates. Eliminating 'heterosexuality' as an exclusive requirement of marriage.

See how that works?

lunch-counter.jpg

My Lord...

The poor Negro...

Man! They can NOT catch a BREAK!

The First Black President is a dead center RINGER for the absolute WORST of every racial stereotype... fast talkin', shiftless individual of low character, of who there is NO potential for any reasonable person to trust.

And NOW... the Degenerates are glomming on..., claiming their twisted kinks to be the sexual expression of 'being black.'

MERCY ALREADY!

Whatta shame... .

Keyes is such a loon.

lunch-counter.jpg

And Negroes should seek out and buy their lunch from places that don't object to serving Negroes.
It makes sense.
Would you rather eat at a place that welcomes you with open arms, or one that throws food at you?
Or do you just want to sue someone?

lunch-counter.jpg

Gays should be able to buy from anyone doing business with the public. As ordering a cake from a person who sells cake is a reasonable act. Denying cake because of the sexual orientation of the person ordering it isn't.

Forum List

Back