Should "IQ" Be a Dirty Word?

Attacking these tests is merely shooting the messenger. The problem is not the result of the tests (which have been amply confirmed). Any problems relate to mis-applying the evidence, or not applying it at all.
There are relatively small statistical differences between groups. We can look at that frankly or not, but the facts are there.

So............ they are admissible in a court? If not, why not?
I think only extremely low IQ is admissible

Can the tests referred to in the op be used to determine that?
Yes.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Like I said whites are incapable of original thought so they needed help from Black people in inventing the computer too. Not to mention that binary math was first used in Africa. So that pretty much covers everything with IT. :rolleyes:

Mark Dean (computer scientist) - Wikipedia

Seems to me that you believe Blacks are more intelligent than Whites since you say that Whites are incapable of original thought and you imply that Blacks are capable of original thought.

Sometimes I wonder if you really believe this shit that you post on USMB or perhaps you are attempting to mirror the racism demonstrated by some whites to mess with them.

Its kind of fluid. Individually I have met some intelligent whites. To date the two most intelligent people I have ever met is a Jamaican engineer and Chinese software developer thats in the US on a working visa. Initially I would have said whites simply came along too late to display their ability to have original thought. The more I read what white racists think and post the more I am inclined to believe that Blacks are on average more intelligent than whites.

Well its the very definition of being a racist if you actually believe that. Thats probably why you have been labeled a racist. When you ignore what scientist say and still try to push that belief then you are actively engaging in being a racist. I dont say that to make you feel a certain way. Just making sure we say it like it is.
Believe what?
"...that different racial groups may have different average IQs."
Does the same apply to other attributes. Am I a racist if I believe that different racial groups may have different heights? Or must I believe that Asians are on average just as tall as Blacks and Whites to not be a racist.
Only the ones you cant possibly measure and or try to imply that there is a racial superiority or inferiority due to those differences. For example with height. Blacks possess the tallest and the shortest heights depending on the region they are from.
I can believe that there may be a difference in average IQs without making a case for racial superiority or inferiority.

Using individuals as an example, I may know Sam to have rocket scientist intelligence while Tom would have difficulty solving a simple algebra problem. On the other hand, Tom may be a person of integrity, while Sam will rob a person blind if he gets a chance.

Does having a higher intelligence alone necessary make a person a superior person? How about ability to relate to people and show empathy? How about being hard working rather than lazy? How about having integrity?

Having high intelligence does not equate to being a superior human being.
You could believe there is a difference in average IQs but that wasnt your original claim. Your original claim again was this.....
"...that different racial groups may have different average IQs."[
Thats a totally different thing and the very definition of racist since the comparison is among racial groups.

Intelligence by itself doesnt imply anything unless you use it to categorize people. Since learning is probably thee most important trait a human can possess and the reason we survived to become the apex predator on the planet I'd say it certainly gives one superiority since humans frequently use it as a measuring stick.

Trust me, he believes it. He believes all kinds of retarded shit. That dumbass thought blacks invented computers for fuck sake. :laugh:
The old white inventions argument. The argument always goes that white people are better than everyone else because of all their wonderful inventions.

White people have invented some wonderful things.

Happy now ?

It does not pain me to say this because I'm an honest student of history

But at the same time 99.999999% of white people have invented nothing.

White supremacist kill me with the white invemtions arguments because most whites have been little more than peasants for the bulk of recorded history.

If you look at the Medieval times in European history, many innovators were given a hard time, Galileo for example.
It was when they began to notice the benefits of these inventions that they began to appreciate the innovators. They were no longer seen as being in league with the devil or being witches.

So called western contributions are not because white people are so much smarter than everyone else but because progress in science and invention is built on what has gone before.

The more science you know the more science you can discover.The more inventions you have at hand. The more new inventions you can come up with. That is why the progress is exponential. It comes from the nature of science and technology, not from the nature of white intelligence.

If you want to take in all of human history that is the 100 thousand years modern man has been on the planet, not just the last 300 years where Northern white Europeans have got their act together, then the Egyptians are by far the most inventive.

They invented stuff like, oh, civilization. They have been on top for 40% of human history, more than twice as long as whites. A good fraction of what we think of as “Greek” is Egyptian. Egypt is African. In the past it was much blacker than it is now.

So if "white inventions" was because white people are born with more brains, then white people would have been on top all throughout history – not just a fifth of it.

Black people were the original inventors of the disciplines that helped bring the world into the technological age.

Mathematics, physics, astronomy, building in stone and bricks, metallurgy and all the root subjects that were necessary to push the world into today's modern age, were begun by in Egypt, Nubia-Kush, Mesopotamia, Sabea and Black Naga India.

People of European origins have borrowed ancient technologies and ancient inventions, such as rocketry, computer technology, aerodynamics and others but the basic mathematical formulas and ancient prototypes were invented by Africans.

For example, the Africans invented the binary system which is still used in the Yoruba oracle and was copied by German scientists and applied to computer programming. Many ancient formulas in trigonometry, calculus and physics as well as chemistry (Khem mysteries) came from the scientific discoveries of Blacks in Egypt and Nubia-Kush.

You forget that you live at only one point in history, that other points in history were different. 700 years ago the Chinese could have ran around bragging how smart they were. After all whites would be nowhere without four Chinese inventions:

1) Gunpowder
2) The compass
3) Paper
4) The printing press.

Their rise to world power was built on these.

If our fates were written in our genes, then little in the world would change. Anglos would have been on top not only since the Battle of Waterloo in 1815 but for most of history. Instead for most of history they were backwards.

No one in his right mind in 1500 would have thought that some day English would become a world language, a respected language of learning, science and business. If you said that in 1500 people would have thought you had too much to drink.
Youre barking up the wrong tree. I do not believe in racial superiority. White people arent inherently better than anyone else when they are born. What makes us superior is our culture. What makes black people inferior is their culture.
Your culture? Your culture consists of things you were taught by people of color. :laugh:

Yes it does.

Your inability to use logic is a personal failing, not a universal truth.
You havent presented one ounce of logic. Youre just saying words without any substance at all. You have no argument.

I knew it would go right over your head.
As usual, you have no argument. Let me know if you come up with something.

Stupid generalizations like yours are why so many discussions go nowhere.
AAAAAAND you STILL have no logical argument to refute what i said. Let me know if you think of something.

In today's academic climate, anyone using the words "IQ" and "race" in the same sentence is presumed to be a racist.

But what if we removed the "race" element completely? What if we examined how kids are doing in comparison with their relative IQ's, ignoring race altogether?

What if "failing" schools are not failing because of the race of the majority of students, but because of the average IQ of the students? Looking at it that way, the focus would be to identify the students in those schools with the greatest potential, and see that they have the opportunity to succeed according the their abilities. As for the remainkng students, the curriculum could be tailored to their strengths and weaknesses, without fretting about whether their average test scores fall below state-wide averages. Who cares?

Take race out of the discussion. Stop reporting scores by race; there is nothing to be gained by it.
IQ shouldnt be a dirty word. IQ should be ranked right up there with unicorns since no one is smart enough to devise a test that accurately measures how intelligent someone is. Intelligence is the ability to learn. Since there is no way to quantify the ability of something you dont understand its just a buzz word or a dog whistle.

The strongest correlation between academic success and financial success in life is I.Q. Not race, not gender, not any environmental factors. It is I..Q. I repeat race is not a factor. In other words, if you are an intelligent black man (I.Q. 115 or above) your odds of being academically and financially successful are a virtual certainty, and are statistically no different than whites.

You can debate all day long about what I.Q. tests measure. The fact is, it does not matter. I.Q. tests are highly predictive of life success or a lack thereof. That cannot be argued.
I'm not debating. I am informing. You cant measure anyones IQ. You have no clue what you are looking for. You have no way to measure all the variables or combinations of thought required to come to a conclusion. Its like claiming a person can travel to edge of the milky way galaxy. The technology simply doesnt exist to keep a human alive and it doesnt exist to measure a persons intelligence..

Whatever. As I said it does not matter. I.Q. tests are the most predictive variable in determining academic and financial success. That is regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity. That point cannot be argued.
Actually it can be argued which I am doing right now. If they were so predictive scientists wouldnt be saying that an IQ test cant measure ones intelligence and schools would be using them as a requirement. :rolleyes:

You havent presented one ounce of logic. Youre just saying words without any substance at all. You have no argument.

AAAAAAND you STILL have no logical argument to refute what i said. Let me know if you think of something.
What you said would never be described as "logic". It could only be described as the very definition of mind crippling stupidity and self inflicted ignorance. :rolleyes:

In today's academic climate, anyone using the words "IQ" and "race" in the same sentence is presumed to be a racist.

But what if we removed the "race" element completely? What if we examined how kids are doing in comparison with their relative IQ's, ignoring race altogether?

What if "failing" schools are not failing because of the race of the majority of students, but because of the average IQ of the students? Looking at it that way, the focus would be to identify the students in those schools with the greatest potential, and see that they have the opportunity to succeed according the their abilities. As for the remainkng students, the curriculum could be tailored to their strengths and weaknesses, without fretting about whether their average test scores fall below state-wide averages. Who cares?

Take race out of the discussion. Stop reporting scores by race; there is nothing to be gained by it.
IQ shouldnt be a dirty word. IQ should be ranked right up there with unicorns since no one is smart enough to devise a test that accurately measures how intelligent someone is. Intelligence is the ability to learn. Since there is no way to quantify the ability of something you dont understand its just a buzz word or a dog whistle.

The strongest correlation between academic success and financial success in life is I.Q. Not race, not gender, not any environmental factors. It is I..Q. I repeat race is not a factor. In other words, if you are an intelligent black man (I.Q. 115 or above) your odds of being academically and financially successful are a virtual certainty, and are statistically no different than whites.

You can debate all day long about what I.Q. tests measure. The fact is, it does not matter. I.Q. tests are highly predictive of life success or a lack thereof. That cannot be argued.
I'm not debating. I am informing. You cant measure anyones IQ. You have no clue what you are looking for. You have no way to measure all the variables or combinations of thought required to come to a conclusion. Its like claiming a person can travel to edge of the milky way galaxy. The technology simply doesnt exist to keep a human alive and it doesnt exist to measure a persons intelligence..

Whatever. As I said it does not matter. I.Q. tests are the most predictive variable in determining academic and financial success. That is regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity. That point cannot be argued.
Actually it can be argued which I am doing right now. If they were so predictive scientists wouldnt be saying that an IQ test cant measure ones intelligence and schools would be using them as a requirement. :rolleyes:

All universities use I.Q. tests. The verbal score on an SAT is a defacto I.Q. Test. The military has used I.Q. tests for almost a century. Educate yourself before spouting nonsense.

It makes me sad that you need this explained to you. Sweeping generalizations ARE illogical.

Last edited:

All universities use I.Q. tests. The verbal score on an SAT is a defacto I.Q. Test.

No it's not.

All universities use I.Q. tests. The verbal score on an SAT is a defacto I.Q. Test.

No it's not.

Military I.Q. tests. This is in every branch of the Service.

Army Alpha - Wikipedia

SAT to I.Q. conversion. SAT I to IQ Estimator

All universities use I.Q. tests. The verbal score on an SAT is a defacto I.Q. Test. The military has used I.Q. tests for almost a century. Educate yourself before spouting nonsense.
All universities do not use the SAT. And no the military doesnt use an IQ test fool. You sound like an idiot. :rolleyes:

No it's not.

Army Alpha - Wikipedia
Hey retard. The ASVAB is not an IQ test. It measures what you have learned not your ability to learn. :rolleyes:

No it's not.

Army Alpha - Wikipedia
Hey retard. The ASVAB is not an IQ test. It measures what you have learned not your ability to learn. :rolleyes:

From the link I provided. :) Are you illiterate? :lol:

The "Army Alpha's" origin was based on intelligence tests created by Alfred Binet."

No it's not.

Army Alpha - Wikipedia

From the link I provided. :) Are you illiterate? :lol:

The "Army Alpha's" origin was based on intelligence tests created by Alfred Binet."
You seem to be the illiterate one. Not really sure why you think that makes an aptitude test and IQ test? Can you explain? :rolleyes:

It makes me sad that you need this explained to you. Sweeping generalizations ARE illogical.
Its a generalization. What made you think it applied to every single person? You arent very bright, which becomes more and more evident with every useless post you make.

Schools arent there to tell you how stupid or smart you are. Their job is to teach you stuff. Your post is dumb.

Its a generalization. What made you think it applied to every single person? You arent very bright, which becomes more and more evident with every useless post you make.
You fit the last sentence perfectly.

Schools arent there to tell you how stupid or smart you are. Their job is to teach you stuff. Your post is dumb.
So are you.

Forum List

Back