Should muslims be allowed to be airline pilots?

If I was boarding a plane and realized that the pilot was a Muslim, yes, I would have second thoughts. Now what? Going to call me a "bigot?" Go ahead. I don't really care. THAT is how I really feel.

Your not alone, alot of people feel the same way. Plus terrorism is worse now than it was in 2001.
How so?

How so what?
How is terrorism worse now than in 2001?

4 times that I can think of. Are you people literally born yesterday?
Link?
You need a link to the events of September 11, 2001?
They weren't pilots. So ChrisL came up with one.

And the one she came up with doesn't appear to be terrorist related.
Those were pilots, moron.
No they weren't.
Yes they were, or did you miss the fact they took flight school? They were trained pilots.

This doesn't say what religion, only what country the plane is from. I fly often, internationally. Most of the time, the pilot may not be a native of the country the airline is. That is, a pilot for Indonesian Airlines may be Western and from America. A pilot for any airline is not necessarily a person of the same religion or ethnic background as the airline itself. The article you cite doesn't say anything about the pilot's nationality or religion.

From the link:

26 September 1976 – 12 fatalities
A Russian pilot stole an Antonov 2 airplane directed his aircraft into the block of flats in Novosibirsk where his divorced wife lived. (ASN Accident Description)

I suspect it is a good bet this guy wasn't a Muslim. Just a guess.

Or this one:

22 August 1979 – 4 fatalities
A 23 year old male mechanic who had just been fired entered a hangar at Bogotá Airport, Colombia and stole a military HS-748 transport plane. He took off and crashed the plane in a residential area. (ASN Accident Description).

This one as well:

13 July 1994 – 1 fatality
A Russian Air Force engineer stole the aircraft at the Kubinka AFB to commit suicide. The aircraft crashed when there was no more fuel left. (ASN Accident Description)
The Russian ones are probably not Muslim. The other one, probably also not Muslim. I am certainly not siding with these idiots who say most pilot suicides have been Muslims, but my point is that the information we have does not pinpoint any of the pilots' religions. That's all.

It doesn't matter what their religion is.
Islam is a culture of violence. If you could consider it a religion, it would be the religion of the Devil.

Oh gee, we have another "loving Christian" spreading the love. Whether or not you subscribe to Islam, you don't get to discriminate against its followers in this country. The Constitutions says you don't. Now, if you don't like our Constitution, I suggest you lobby for an amendment that changes it (good luck with that) or else find a "faith-based" country more to your liking. I understand the Theocratic Republic of Iran might take you in.

If I was boarding a plane and realized that the pilot was a Muslim, yes, I would have second thoughts. Now what? Going to call me a "bigot?" Go ahead. I don't really care. THAT is how I really feel.

How many plane crashes have involved Muslim pilots?

I believe the answer to that question is: None, zero, nada, zip.
I think the Egyptian pilot was Muslim just because Egypt is a mainly Muslim country but I couldn't find any definitive proof either way.

Please explain how that, in any way, justifies the premise of the OP.

The OP doesn't really mean anything because such a decision would not be up to the people. Get it yet? I am merely accounting for the fact that this is the motive operandus of Muslim terrorism, and to rule it OUT so prematurely is the epitome of stupidity.
when has a muslim pilot ever done what this German guy did?
4 times that I can think of. Are you people literally born yesterday?
Link?

So basically, one event.

Your not alone, alot of people feel the same way. Plus terrorism is worse now than it was in 2001.
How so?

How so what?

Lets see the collapse of Yemen, terrorism run amock in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Nigeria, Syria etc. the emergence of new terror groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Al Nusra etc and the cooperation with these groups. There are so many unstable failed states like Iraq, Syria and Yemen terrorists have plenty of places to hide, terrorists thrive off of failed states, back in 2001 where did they really go? Afghanistan? terrorism is definently worse now than in 2001.

No they weren't.
Yes they were, or did you miss the fact they took flight school? They were trained pilots.
No, they were not trained pilots. They were not licensed pilots. They were not pilots at all. They learned enough to crash planes into the twin towers but the were not pilots.

How so?

How so what?

I can hardly wait for the comprehensive study that confirms the data.

How so?

How so what?

I can hardly wait for the comprehensive study that confirms the data.

Its true you clown. The Middle East right now is in the most turmoil its been in decades.

No they weren't.

As if it's out of the realm of possibility? WTF is WRONG with these people?

So, we have a rare event, that is now being used to make the claim that we can't trust Muslim pilots and as further proof we add to that the claim that this German pilot might-have-been-Muslim as a just in case to further reinforce the them :cuckoo:

How so?

How so what?

Lets see the collapse of Yemen, terrorism run amock in Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Nigeria, Syria etc. the emergence of new terror groups like ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Shabab, Al Nusra etc and the cooperation with these groups. There are so many unstable failed states like Iraq, Syria and Yemen terrorists have plenty of places to hide, terrorists thrive off of failed states, back in 2001 where did they really go? Afghanistan? terrorism is definently worse now than in 2001.
Really? All those places had no terrorism problems before? I do not believe you. Do you feel personally threatened by terrorists as you travel around the USA?

No they weren't.
No, they were not trained pilots. They were not licensed pilots. They were not pilots at all. They learned enough to crash planes into the twin towers but the were not pilots.

They were trained here in America. They took flight lessons. Otherwise, they would not have KNOWN how to fly a plane.

How so?

How so what?

Really? All those places had no terrorism problems before? I do not believe you. Do you feel personally threatened by terrorists as you travel around the USA?

Huh? what the fuck are you talking about?

How so?

How so what?

Find me some links to terrorist attacks in Iraq, Syria and Libya in 2001.

So, we have a rare event, that is now being used to make the claim that we can't trust Muslim pilots and as further proof we add to that the claim that this German pilot might-have-been-Muslim as a just in case to further reinforce the them :cuckoo:
There's a report going around that the German pilot once looked at a woman in a Burka so it is now definitive that he was an Islamic terrorist.

Forum List

Back