Should muslims be allowed to be airline pilots?

How many pilots have gone all jihad on us? One is enough. Do you need more to see the dangerous situation we are now in?
What if this guy turns out to have been a Christian. Should we then also not allow Christians to be airline pilots?

and, of course, good christians like timothy mcvey are harmless.

timothy McVey had a nutty motive ----but not a Group ideology that supported his "motive"

He had a group ideology - rightwing anti-government extremists.

hardly a "group" certainly not a creed----you might just as well refer to "bank robbers" as a "group ideology" -----or "crack users"

Bank robbers have all kinds of ideologies, even none at all. Like with crack users -you're talking about actions.

Angry rightwing anti-governement extremists are an ideology, not an action.

What if this guy turns out to have been a Christian. Should we then also not allow Christians to be airline pilots?

timothy McVey had a nutty motive ----but not a Group ideology that supported his "motive"

hardly a "group" certainly not a creed----you might just as well refer to "bank robbers" as a "group ideology" -----or "crack users"

Bank robbers have all kinds of ideologies, even none at all. Like with crack users -you're talking about actions.

really------what do they call themselves? do they have specific meeting halls or HOUSES of WORSHIP-----
manuals or scriptural writings-----a WEB SITE? Does the organization seek donations?-----do they have a history----a language? clergy? classes for their kids?

really------what do they call themselves? do they have specific meeting halls or HOUSES of WORSHIP-----
manuals or scriptural writings-----a WEB SITE? Does the organization seek donations?-----do they have a history----a language? clergy? classes for their kids?

What do you call yourself? Not a Christian I hope.

here----I am an intellectual democrat

here----I am an intellectual democrat

If you call yourself a Christian, that's everywhere all the time, not just when it suits you.

Is that a requirement for an ideology?

for organized and extensive ideology----of course-----
you want to refer to GOTH as a viable "ideology"?

They usually call themselves White Supremacists or variants there of.

ok-----they are organized enough to be considered a dangerous ideology------they do meet----they have publications and they even have a lingo-----we have a few on this board I would agree that neither white
supremacists nor members of the Ku Klux Klan should be airplane pilots. chefs have a lingo and literature and place for meetings-----but they are not known for terrorism. If they had a history of mass staphlycoccal food poisonings------I would say that they should not be either airplane pilots or stewardesses

Sounds about right.

Do we have the right to ask whether a pilot is a qualified bartender?

This could make for a more interesting flight...
I have a family of 6. That means when I peer into the cockpit and see a prayer rug, I will take them off the plane and book another flight. I doubt any of you Leftists would actually risk your family based on your misguided notion of "tolerance".

It has nothing to do with "misguided" tolerance. Pilots are professionals, well screened and vetted. Incidents like this one, which is looking like a suicide are exceedingly rare when you look at the big picture. As far as I can find - there have been no verifiable incidents of professional pilots crashing a plane for "jihadi" purposes. Yes, the 9/11 terrorists hijacked a plane and forced it to crash, and yes, they were trained to be pilots but they were not professional pilots. There have been more cases of pilot suicides then pilots-turned-jihadists.

So, no it's not "misguided tolerance" - it's logic.

If I were traveling with my family, it wouldn't be the pilots I'd worry about and the pilots religion would have no bearing on it.

Just for laughs - what are you going to do if you ever visit the Middle East? Chances are - your pilot will be Muslim. And as an interesting sidenote - for airplane safety, UAE is one of the safest.

So these guys were pilots just not professional pilots? come on now lol. Of course the pilots in Arab countries will be Muslim but I dont think many of us have any vacations planned over there anytime soon.
Sounds about right.

I have a family of 6. That means when I peer into the cockpit and see a prayer rug, I will take them off the plane and book another flight. I doubt any of you Leftists would actually risk your family based on your misguided notion of "tolerance".

It has nothing to do with "misguided" tolerance. Pilots are professionals, well screened and vetted. Incidents like this one, which is looking like a suicide are exceedingly rare when you look at the big picture. As far as I can find - there have been no verifiable incidents of professional pilots crashing a plane for "jihadi" purposes. Yes, the 9/11 terrorists hijacked a plane and forced it to crash, and yes, they were trained to be pilots but they were not professional pilots. There have been more cases of pilot suicides then pilots-turned-jihadists.

If I were traveling with my family, it wouldn't be the pilots I'd worry about and the pilots religion would have no bearing on it.

Just for laughs - what are you going to do if you ever visit the Middle East? Chances are - your pilot will be Muslim. And as an interesting sidenote - for airplane safety, UAE is one of the safest.
So your answer is yes you would trust your family to Left wing "tolerance" when it can get them killed? I think it's an excellent test of your real convictions because even what you post here is no indicator to what you would really do in that situation. Somehow all that "vetting" would prove less than reassuring.

Wouldn't it?

No. That is *your* answer. I trust my family to the well-established safety records of the airlines I fly on, and the process by which pilots are trained and hired. If the pilot happened to be Muslim - yes, we would still fly. And *that* is what I would really do.

I don't believe you, but that is ultimately to your credit. I do believe that when you see that your airline pilot is a devout Muslim, you will grab your kids and high tail it out of there and book another flight...preferably with a Methodist....because they don't crash planes into buildings. Liberalism always breaks apart on the shoals of real life.

So these guys were pilots just not professional pilots? come on now lol. Of course the pilots in Arab countries will be Muslim but I dont think many of us have any vacations planned over there anytime soon.

So your answer is yes you would trust your family to Left wing "tolerance" when it can get them killed? I think it's an excellent test of your real convictions because even what you post here is no indicator to what you would really do in that situation. Somehow all that "vetting" would prove less than reassuring.

Wouldn't it?

No. That is *your* answer. I trust my family to the well-established safety records of the airlines I fly on, and the process by which pilots are trained and hired. If the pilot happened to be Muslim - yes, we would still fly. And *that* is what I would really do.

I don't believe you, but that is ultimately to your credit. I do believe that when you see that your airline pilot is a devout Muslim, you will grab your kids and high tail it out of there and book another flight...preferably with a Methodist....because they don't crash planes into buildings. Liberalism always breaks apart on the shoals of real life.

:lol: You are completely wrong. And it has never ever occurred to me to even think about a pilot's religion ;)

Come to think of it, maybe an athiest is the best pilot - they know that our life on earth now is the only life we'll have and might be less likely to end it ...hm?

ok-----they are organized enough to be considered a dangerous ideology------they do meet----they have publications and they even have a lingo-----we have a few on this board I would agree that neither white
supremacists nor members of the Ku Klux Klan should be airplane pilots. chefs have a lingo and literature and place for meetings-----but they are not known for terrorism. If they had a history of mass staphlycoccal food poisonings------I would say that they should not be either airplane pilots or stewardesses

I think it's a good idea to have a list of certain mentalities that should never be entrusted with a jumbo jet, but the Left would included white supremacists on that list, who have never crashed planes into buildings, and exclude Muslims, who have. It isn't about saving lives to them, ideology is supreme even over the facts.

Wouldn't it?

:lol: You are completely wrong. And it has never ever occurred to me to even think about a pilot's religion ;)

Come to think of it, maybe an athiest is the best pilot - they know that our life on earth now is the only life we'll have and might be less likely to end it ...hm?

Atheists also don't anticipate eternal consequences for their actions as demonstrated by the 120 million people they killed in the 20th century.

And no I'm not completely wrong. I have the utmost faith that you will do the right thing if the situation actually arises. You'll probably manufacture an excuse that has nothing to do the pilot being Muslim. It really doesn't matter what reason you give because ultimately when you see this:

IrfanFaizwasarrestedafterbeingspottedstaggeringaroundtheairportminutesbeforehewasduetoflyaplane.jpg

There's no way in Dante's Hell you're going to put your family on that plane, tolerant Leftist or not.

I think it's a good idea to have a list of certain mentalities that should never be entrusted with a jumbo jet, but the Left would included white supremacists on that list, who have never crashed planes into buildings, and exclude Muslims, who have. It isn't about saving lives to them, ideology is supreme even over the facts.

white supremacists have a long history of all kinds of
terrorist actions------no place to QUIBBLE as to whether they were wearing socks at that time

Ravi, surely you understand why what you say is a non sequitur. Christianity does not teach to kill everyone who doesn't follow the doctrine, islam does. We haven't had a rash of christians crash planes on purpose, we have with muslims. I know of no christian leaders calling for death and destruction for innocent people, there are many such muslim leaders. Surely you understand this.

white supremacists have a long history of all kinds of
terrorist actions------no place to QUIBBLE as to whether they were wearing socks at that time

The point is, all subscribers to violent ideologies should be banned from piloting aircraft, not just the ones the Left hates.

Dear, evil comes in all shades and hue, all religions and all genders....in case you haven't noticed.
Really? Do you know of any other religion that routinely murders innocent non-believers, is urged to do so by their leaders, and are based on a book that urges such actions? Is there another such religion?

It's hard to believe I have to say such things. I honestly believe that peoples minds have been damaged by the extreme left wing political correct education and culture. How else can you explain the bizarre posts such as this one on this thread?

You said "all religions", have you ever heard of an amish murdering anyone? Or a quaker, or Jehovah's witness? They won't go in the army, they'll go to jail first. I think you're just repeating what you've been indoctrinated with, without regard to any sort of critical analysis. "We're all the same", cum-buy-ya. If we would just all love the muslims, they'd stop stoning, murdering, raping. Sure they would, we're all the same. Surely you can't believe what you're saying?

How many pilots have gone all jihad on us? One is enough. Do you need more to see the dangerous situation we are now in?

the issue is -----private illness vs MASSIVE GROUP AGENDA. ----there is actually a big difference between a crime committed as the result of sickness and one committed as a manifestion of MASSIVE
COLLUSION-----collusion is a very big issue in
criminology. Motive is important in the evaluation of
crime. For the sake of---theoretical consideration----
if it is found that he was converted by some nutty radical Islamic preacher who advocated random
killing of infidels-------and he decided to comply-----
his crime is a bit different from ------"depressed young male----who saw an opportunity to die fast and has
a sudden impulse to do so"-----from the standpoint of
SOCIETY------such instances are less dangerous than
a BIG TIME PLAN that can involved the PARTICIPATION of many
I can agree with that ^

Forum List

Back