Should muslims be allowed to be airline pilots?

"Having said all that, religion is no real barrier or indicator as to whether the pilot would act prudently. Tell you what OP why don't you become the test crash dummy for every plane flown by a Muslim and tell us your experiences and if you are correct you can become a human skywriter while you plane goes down."

I don't want ANYONE who believes in an afterlife in charge of whether I live or die thanks. :)

Right bigot boi, no indication at all.

The number of Buddhist who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Christians who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Mormons who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Shintos who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Wiccans who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

But then;

The number of Muslims who have crashed planes on purpose is SEVENTEEN

No indication, fuckwad?

The number of Buddhist who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Christians who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Mormons who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Shintos who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

The number of Wiccans who have crashed planes on purpose is zero

But then;

The number of Muslims who have crashed planes on purpose is SEVENTEEN
Don't forget atheists, methodists, jehovah's witnesses, pentacost. It's a difficult concept, I know. But the fact is, muslims crash airlines on purpose, and they are the only ones doing it. If you want it to stop, stop letting them be pilots. Or come up with a better way.

How many people have to die before we figure this out? All the planes that are deliberately crashed have had muslim pilots. Are we so afraid of hurting their feelings that we'll continue to sacrifice innocent lives, including children? Should passengers be allowed to know if their pilot is muslim? If not, why not?
Yes , as they seem to make remarkable pilots with next to no training

Capt. Russ Wittenberg, U.S. Air Force
– Former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot with over 100 combat missions. Retired commercial pilot. Flew for Pan Am and United Airlines for 35 years. Aircraft flown: Boeing 707, 720, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, and 777. 30,000+ total hours flown. Had previously flown the actual two United Airlines aircraft that were hijacked on 9/11 (Flight 93, which impacted in Pennsylvania, and Flight 175, the second plane to hit the WTC).

• Video interview 9/11 Ripple Effect 8/07: "I flew the two actual aircraft which were involved in 9/11; the Fight number 175 and Flight 93, the 757 that allegedly went down in Shanksville and Flight 175 is the aircraft that's alleged to have hit the South Tower. I don't believe it's possible for, like I said, for a terrorist, a so-called terrorist to train on a [Cessna] 172, then jump in a cockpit of a 757-767 class cockpit, and vertical navigate the aircraft, lateral navigate the aircraft, and fly the airplane at speeds exceeding it's design limit speed by well over 100 knots, make high-speed high-banked turns, exceeding -- pulling probably 5, 6, 7 G's. And the aircraft would literally fall out of the sky. I couldn't do it and I'm absolutely positive they couldn't do it." http://americanbuddhist.net
    • Article 7/17/05: "The government story they handed us about 9/11 is total B.S. plain and simple." … Wittenberg convincingly argued there was absolutely no possibility that Flight 77 could have "descended 7,000 feet in two minutes, all the while performing a steep 280 degree banked turn before crashing into the Pentagon's first floor wall without touching the lawn."… "For a guy to just jump into the cockpit and fly like an ace is impossible - there is not one chance in a thousand," said Wittenberg, recalling that when he made the jump from Boeing 727's to the highly sophisticated computerized characteristics of the 737's through 767's it took him considerable time to feel comfortable flying." http://www.arcticbeacon.com

A resounding no!

Your damn right we have the right to know if a koranimal is flying our plane! And giving the importance of such a job, you should know who the pilot is any time.

The airline doesn't want to lose passengers and have them leaving the plane when it is announced the pilot is a Muslim. They wouldn't say.

Raising the issue of a Muslim pilot could also be seen as inciting panic.

A resounding no!

Your damn right we have the right to know if a koranimal is flying our plane! And giving the importance of such a job, you should know who the pilot is any time.

The airline doesn't want to lose passengers and have them leaving the plane when it is announced the pilot is a Muslim. They wouldn't say.

why would anyone panic ?

How many people have to die before we figure this out? All the planes that are deliberately crashed have had muslim pilots. Are we so afraid of hurting their feelings that we'll continue to sacrifice innocent lives, including children? Should passengers be allowed to know if their pilot is muslim? If not, why not?
Sure but passengers should be able to know who will be piloting their planes and then choose which flights they want to buy tickets for
Customers can ask who the pilot is already, can't they?
I don't know.
I never asked

Now that I think about it it might be a good question next time I buy buy plane tickets

This has got to be one of the most idiotic threads I have ever read.

In order to pilot a plane there has to have been many hours of training and actual experience. That would be a good tip off as to whether the pilot would intentionally crash the plane.

"The Federal Aviation Administration on Wednesday said it was making final a rule that says all commercial airline pilots hired by U.S. carriers will be required to have at least 1,500 hours of flight time.

The Air Line Pilots Association, which praised the new rule, said it goes into effect Aug. 1.

The FAA, in announcing that the rule will be published soon, said the new requirements were adopted in reaction to the crash of a Colgan Air airplane near Buffalo, N.Y., in 2009, in which both the captain and first officer were relatively inexperienced.

The rule gives first officers a stronger foundation of aeronautical knowledge and experience before they fly for an air carrier,” FAA Administrator Michael Huerta said in the agency’s announcement. “With this rule and our efforts to address pilot fatigue – both initiatives championed by the families of Colgan flight 3407 – we’re making a safe system even safer.

Before, a first officer had to have only a commercial pilot license, which requires a minimum of 250 hours of flying. The new rule requires the ATP license and the 1,500 hours.

In addition, the FAA now requires a pilot to have at least 1,000 as an airline first officer before flying as captain. The minimum age for an ATP license is 23 years."
FAA will require airline pilots to have at least 1 500 flight hours Dallas Morning News

Having said all that, religion is no real barrier or indicator as to whether the pilot would act prudently. Tell you what OP why don't you become the test crash dummy for every plane flown by a Muslim and tell us your experiences and if you are correct you can become a human skywriter while you plane goes down.

"Having said all that, religion is no real barrier or indicator as to whether the pilot would act prudently. Tell you what OP why don't you become the test crash dummy for every plane flown by a Muslim and tell us your experiences and if you are correct you can become a human skywriter while you plane goes down."

I don't want ANYONE who believes in an afterlife in charge of whether I live or die thanks. :)

You should not fly then, the "afterlife" is believed by many

Afterlife - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Sure but passengers should be able to know who will be piloting their planes and then choose which flights they want to buy tickets for
I don't know.
I never asked

Now that I think about it it might be a good question next time I buy buy plane tickets

do they ALLOW people named "SKULL PILOT" buy
plane tickets? ------do you usually display a prominent
name plate whilst a passenger on a plane?-----does
your name-plate feature ----a SKULL AND CROSSBONES?

A resounding no!

Not if asked when booking a flight. If you use a travel agency, you can ask them to find out the qualifications of the pilot. I don't think ANYONE would find it an unreasonable question what with all the airplane disasters lately.
If one can ask if to not be near babies and children when seated I don't see why one cannot ask for the qualifications/history of the pilot(s) as well.

I don't know.
I never asked

do it..you will look like irrational freak

Should airlines be required to disclose the religious affiliations of the pilots assigned to each flight?

Should airlines be required to reschedule or refund passengers who decline to ride behind a pilot they feel might harbor terroristic or suicidal tendencies?

How about asking to see the flight crew's pilot licenses? Should you? Would you be allowed on the flight if you dared to ask?

History suggests you might want to raise the question......

Fake pilot who flew for 13 years without licence fined 1 700 - Telegraph

Being a thinker is not much of a benefit if these are your thoughts.

Should airlines be required to disclose the religious affiliations of the pilots assigned to each flight?

Should airlines be required to reschedule or refund passengers who decline to ride behind a pilot they feel might harbor terroristic or suicidal tendencies?
Yes. I think in todays world, it is pertinent info customers have the right to know BEFORE paying to fly that particular airline. As I said..this is not the 1950's any more with Ozzie and Harriet flying to florida for a vacay. These are very dangerous times.

Do you have the right to ask what any particular church is teaching your children in sunday school?

Do you have the right to ask the restaurant if the chef that is cooking your food is kosher if you are jewish?

If not, there are other airlines/stores/restaurants/schools/etc that will gladly take your business.

Ok, so should the passengers be allowed to know if their pilot is muslim?
Do they have a right to know if the pilot is a Jew?

Yes. and they have a right to know if the little packet of
peanuts is kosher. During the flight---they have a right to
know. as the crow flies, which is the direction to both Jerusalem and to mecca. If the pilot is female---they have
a right to know if she is currently menstruating. THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW----all the news
that's fit to print......... full disclosure. No one has the right
to ask me ---in a public place----the YEAR OF MY BIRTH

What about doctors? Do you have the right to ask to see his license for whatever it is he specializes in? Do you have the right to ask for a second opinion if given a diagnosis you think may be incorrect?

It is all geared about safety. Airlines should be no different.

Forum List

Back