Should religion be eliminated

Should religion be eliminated?

• Yes

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
I am not religious and I’m not depressed. I think that’s a false connection. People are depressed because they don’t have money.
I was not speaking of you personally. Guess what? I don't have money, and I'm not depressed. All I pointed out is that the number of teens and young adults suffering from major depression is rising even faster than the general population. You are arguing teens are depressed because their parents aren't giving them enough money? I think there is more to it than that, something more philosophical. Religion is a method of addressing philosophies in this life.

Sure... they get people to meditate on nothingness, or believe that suffering is a virtue or that paradise can only be found after death, and they will become a self negating non-entity who will take tons of crap from the political and religious authorities without question daily for the rest of their lives... the sweat of their brow, thinking, producing only thorns and thistles.

And you think that taking young adults who are drowning in despair over the fact that they are being led like sheep to the slaughter into living lives of insanity can be cured by filling their heads with religious lies until they just give up the ghost and become happy idiots?

Brilliant!
Is suffering a virtue? No. But good can come from it and it does serve a purpose.

I am not religious and I’m not depressed. I think that’s a false connection. People are depressed because they don’t have money.
I was not speaking of you personally. Guess what? I don't have money, and I'm not depressed. All I pointed out is that the number of teens and young adults suffering from major depression is rising even faster than the general population. You are arguing teens are depressed because their parents aren't giving them enough money? I think there is more to it than that, something more philosophical. Religion is a method of addressing philosophies in this life.

Sure... they get people to meditate on nothingness, or believe that suffering is a virtue or that paradise can only be found after death, and they will become a self negating non-entity who will take tons of crap from the political and religious authorities without question daily for the rest of their lives... the sweat of their brow, thinking, producing only thorns and thistles.

And you think that taking young adults who are drowning in despair over the fact that they are being led like sheep to the slaughter into living lives of insanity can be cured by filling their heads with religious lies until they just give up the ghost and become happy idiots?

Brilliant!
Is suffering a virtue? No. But good can come from it and it does serve a purpose.
I guess you are right...

The more people you deceive the more enemies you will have and the more likely the evil will be undone once their eyes are opened....

And you think that taking young adults who are drowning in despair over the fact that they are being led like sheep to the slaughter into living lives of insanity can be cured by filling their heads with religious lies until they just give up their soul to become happy idiots?

Brilliant!
1. First paragraph: Not what my faith teaches. My faith teaches how to traverse the hills and valleys in this life. Nor does my church preach about political matters. Your first paragraph displays ignorance about what most receive by living and practicing their faith.

2. Second paragraph: The belief is in living truths, not lies. People who preach religion as lies are doing their fellow man a grave disservice. Better the millstone perhaps?

Brilliant!

It’s not religion’s fault young people are suffering from despair. It is society’s fault. We have become more materialistic and less spiritual. This is our predictable surprise.

Brilliant!
I guess you are right...

The more people you deceive the more enemies you will have and the more likely the evil will be undone once their eyes are opened....
Funny how you accuse me of what you are doing.

Brilliant!
I guess you are right...

Why would you take that personally unless it applied?

A gun is not good or evil. A gun is a tool which can be used for good and evil. Religion is no different.

Brilliant!
I guess you are right...

Why would you take that personally unless it applied?
I didn’t take it personally. You intended for me to take it personally. All I did was make an observation.

And you think that taking young adults who are drowning in despair over the fact that they are being led like sheep to the slaughter into living lives of insanity can be cured by filling their heads with religious lies until they just give up their soul to become happy idiots?

Brilliant!
1. First paragraph: Not what my faith teaches. My faith teaches how to traverse the hills and valleys in this life. Nor does my church preach about political matters. Your first paragraph displays ignorance about what most receive by living and practicing their faith.

2. Second paragraph: The belief is in living truths, not lies. People who preach religion as lies are doing their fellow man a grave disservice. Better the millstone perhaps?

1. Why did you take that personally? Many eastern religions teach just that... true?

2.. Every religion that teaches that Jesus was a God, or that there is no God, just nirvana, or that God gives a crap about what you are having for dinner, or that a pedophile was the holiest man to ever live is teaching lies.

Yeah, the millstone.

Good try, but now you need to post not just random links, but a link, or links that support what you claimed in this thread, that there is only one god. Those 4 links don'y prove that.
I say they do. Can you show me where they don’t?
None of them talk about how many god’s there are. Please try again.
Each one proves a belief that I have used to show you the evidence for a creator.
Then find a scientific link that ties all these things together and supports what you claim. This ain't it.

A gun is not good or evil. A gun is a tool which can be used for good and evil. Religion is no different.
Yeah well when you religious folks start rejecting the work of the devil, all falsehood and deceit, and begin to reach out for eternal life by demonstrating a love for God and truth, I'll believe.

Yeah well when you religious folks start rejecting the work of the devil and begin to reach out for eternal life and demonstrate a love for God and truth, I'll believe.
The only person I have seen discussing hell is you and Taz.

Each one proves a belief that I have used to show you the evidence for a creator.
Then find a scientific link that ties all these things together and supports what you claim. This ain't it.
I am not surprised that you dismissed this science as it proves everything I have been saying.

Good try, but now you need to post not just random links, but a link, or links that support what you claimed in this thread, that there is only one god. Those 4 links don'y prove that.
I am not surprised that you dismissed this science as it proves everything I have been saying.
As usual, you're delusional. How does Einstein's theory of relativity equation prove that? :dunno:

As usual, you're delusional. How does Einstein's theory of relativity equation prove that? :dunno:
Friedmann’s solutions to Einstein’s field equations tells us that space and time had a beginning.

Friedmann’s solutions to Einstein’s field equations tells us that space and time had a beginning.
How does that point to ONE creator? It doesn't.

It requires a first cause. We live in a logical universe where there has never been an uncaused event.

It requires a first cause. We live in a logical universe where there has never been an uncaused event.
And how does that point to one creator?

Why would it point to multiple creators?

But I am happy that you see it does point to at least one creator.

Why would it point to multiple creators?

But I am happy that you see it does point to at least one creator.
Which you haven't proven. And which I haven't agreed to anywhere.

Forum List

Back