Should somebody need an ID to vote?

Not anymore
Most people bank online or through an ATM
Many people have lived in the same apartment for decades and never provided ID. The same people have voted for decades and now are being rejected
Link us up to all your data on these rejections

Why are democrats OK with blacks not being able to drive since they don't have an ID?

Are you a racist?
The license verified you have the skills to operate a motor vehicle
It verifies you are allowed to drive not that you are approved to vote.
Many non citizens have drivers licenses

rightwinger
How stupid is that?

An ID proves you are who you say you are. You're way anyone can vote. Even those who have no right to vote.

You sure are an idiot.

Well, some people might not like this opinion, but I really don't mind if some people don't vote because they aren't able to provide basic identification.

What kind of grown U.S citizen can't provide some form of basic identification? Should I really care whether or not a person like that expresses their opinion through voting? Is that a productive person whose opinion should be seen as valuable? I don't think so. I actually wouldn't mind if extremely ignorant and unproductive people voted less.

"Many Americans do not have one of the forms of identification states acceptable for voting. These voters are disproportionately low-income, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities. Such voters more frequently have difficulty obtaining ID, because they cannot afford or cannot obtain the underlying documents that are a prerequisite to obtaining government-issued photo ID card."

From our friends at the ACLU

Voter ID hurts Democrats and helps Republicans. That's why voter ID is required in some states, they're red states.

Nowadays a lot of merchants require photo id for people to buy beer. Even senior citizens who are obviously over 21.

Why is it outrageous to ask for id to vote, particularly if the poll workers don't know you?

My father in law was 89 when he died. He had been in a wheel chair for 36 years from a stroke. He still had a photo ID.

So that lame ass excuse doesn't fly anymore than the "poor black people" one.

damn liberals are pathetic.

Reasonable people need to be able to draw reasonable lines. It's not a lot to expect some form of I.D from a citizen that wants to vote.

Well you can have voter ID laws if you hand out free IDs while they are lining up..

Failure to have that all in place allows the voter to vote anyway... Might consider you somewhat genuine then...

Sorry, we are seeing vote suppression in urban areas and you want to bring more restrictions based on problem that barely exists...

Lets stop pretending ye give one royal shit about voter security, it is non existent and there has been more of it from GOP side than Democrat..

This suppressing as many Democrat supporters as possible, the reason you justify it , is because you believe you are at a war and the end justifies the means..

Anomalism
Of course he would be. He loves all the illegals that have invaded America. He thinks there should be more. He doesn't care these illegals cost we tax payers billions each year. Oh he thinks they should vote as well.

Just show what an idiot he is.

Well, some people might not like this opinion, but I really don't mind if some people don't vote because they aren't able to provide basic identification.

What kind of grown U.S citizen can't provide some form of basic identification? Should I really care whether or not a person like that expresses their opinion through voting? Is that a productive person whose opinion should be seen as valuable? I don't think so. I actually wouldn't mind if extremely ignorant and unproductive people voted less.
Many ignorant and conned people voted in the last election. My view is that a voters ID should be required.

My father in law was 89 when he died. He had been in a wheel chair for 36 years from a stroke. He still had a photo ID.

So that lame ass excuse doesn't fly anymore than the "poor black people" one.

damn liberals are pathetic.
My Father was 85 when he passed. He still had his drivers license and voted every four years. He also had his military ID.

Well you can have voter ID laws if you hand out free IDs while they are lining up..
I would be on board with an effort to get everybody that wants one an ID that allows them to vote. It's already very easy to get an ID though.

My Father was 85 when he passed. He still had his drivers license and voted every four years. He also had his military ID.
Yep. If its IMPORTANT to you to vote, you will have an ID. If its not important enough for you to do that, you have no business voting!!!!!!

Can people get a vaccine or medical treatment without an ID? If so, that is incredibly dangerous and open to fraud issues.

Sounds like democrats need to start focusing on getting people an ID so they can drive a car and get safe medical care instead of bitching they should vote without one.
People get medial treatment around the world without ID...

School Vaccine programs are done without IDs..

Anomalism
Of course he would be. He loves all the illegals that have invaded America. He thinks there should be more. He doesn't care these illegals cost we tax payers billions each year. Oh he thinks they should vote as well.

The idiots are ignorant people who are easily lead and conned. My view is that a voter's ID should be required as it had been for years, and that voting should be made easy rather than difficult.

Anomalism

The problem with some left wingers is that their hearts are a lot more powerful than their brains. The United States is badass, but we can't save the whole world, nor is it our responsibility to. We should be focused on empowering our nation.

I love educated and talented immigrants. Send them all in my opinion. We can take all of the smart and industrious foreigners. I'm all about it.

Once AI and robotics replace most unskilled labor poor and unskilled people will become completely dead weight in our futuristic societies. We can't get rid of the ones that already live here, but we can definitely choose to not add a whole bunch more to the equation.

rightwinger
How stupid is that?

An ID proves you are who you say you are. You're way anyone can vote. Even those who have no right to vote.

You sure are an idiot.
I have no problem with proving who you are, I just object to setting the requirements so high that a percentage of the population can't meet them.
People can work for the federal or state government, and their ID isn't good enough.

Forum List

Back