Should somebody need an ID to vote?

I would be on board with an effort to get everybody that wants one an ID that allows them to vote. It's already very easy to get an ID though.
Problem is this was left to the states in the past, they made it very hard to certain groups to get an ID... Police and courts wouldn't give black people IDs...

This is where the real problem starts... Even today the main states with the most restrictive ID laws are the ones who were implementing these types of policies...

Question we are asking: US has a history of intimidating and disenfranchising voters and one of the main ways was by with holding there IDs permanently or temporarily. With very little evidence of voter fraud and mountain of evidence of voter suppression why would we allow the a weapon in the hands of the suppression proponents..

Are you in favour of suppressing 100 votes in fear of having on fraudulent vote?

Yep. If its IMPORTANT to you to vote, you will have an ID. If its not important enough for you to do that, you have no business voting!!!!!!
You know that you can be in the military, and hand the poll worker your military ID, and they won't let you vote without additional paperwork.

Are you in favour of suppressing 100 votes in fear of having on fraudulent vote?
I simply don't attribute much value to the vote of a person that hasn't managed to obtain some form of identification in 2021.

Here we go again. The 300th request for a citation, that you will just ignore.
You clowns can never bring links supporting your bullshit, so there is never anything to ignore.
That's bullshit. I've posted links to you myself, and then you do your usual rejection dance. Saying it's from a liberal source, even though it quotes government sources.

Yeah, i've seen that dance of yours 1,000 times.

Time for the emoticons.

I have no problem with proving who you are, I just object to setting the requirements so high that a percentage of the population can't meet them.
People can work for the federal or state government, and their ID isn't good enough.
This is Arkansas Voter accepted ID
Voters must present a valid ID at their polling place such as:
  • a driver's license,
  • passport,
  • employee or student ID from an accredited college in Arkansas,
  • a military ID
  • federal-issued photo ID card.
So to have ID you have to drive or want to leave the country...

Other wise working or goto College, join the army.....

Think about it, not everyone drives and passports among poor is even less rare...

You know that you can be in the military, and hand the poll worker your military ID, and they won't let you vote without additional paperwork.
Why do you feel the need to lie all the time?

EXCEPTIONS TO THE VOTER ID REQUIREMENTS​

• Military and overseas voters who vote by absentee ballot under the federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) are exempt from ALL voter ID requirements.

I simply don't attribute much value to the vote of a person that hasn't managed to obtain some form of identification in 2021.
We're talking about somebody who obtained valid identification back in the 1960's, and suddenly it's no longer good enough.

That's bullshit. I've posted links to you myself, and then you do your usual rejection dance. Saying it's from a liberal source, even though it quotes government sources.

Yeah, i've seen that dance of yours 1,000 times.

Time for the emoticons.
So you have no link.

Got it.

We're talking about somebody who obtained valid identification back in the 1960's, and suddenly it's no longer good enough.
Well then maybe great grandma should get with the times a little bit and renew her ID if she wants to go vote.

• a driver's license,
  • passport,
  • a military ID

Think about it, not everyone drives and passports among poor is even less rare...
That doesn't fly in Texas. You had the former speaker of the house Jim Wright, who teaches at a texas university, and who had his university photo ID, and that wasn't good enough for him to vote.

Maybe in Arkansas, but not in Texas.

"Many Americans do not have one of the forms of identification states acceptable for voting. These voters are disproportionately low-income, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities. Such voters more frequently have difficulty obtaining ID, because they cannot afford or cannot obtain the underlying documents that are a prerequisite to obtaining government-issued photo ID card."

From our friends at the ACLU

Voter ID hurts Democrats and helps Republicans. That's why voter ID is required in some states, they're red states.

But wait, I thought it was Republican's that are ignorant and unsuccessful? When the rubber hits the road the truth comes out about voting demographics.

That doesn't fly in Texas. You had the former speaker of the house Jim Wright, who teaches at a texas university, and who had his university photo ID, and that wasn't good enough for him to vote.

Maybe in Arkansas, but not in Texas.
Political hack shows up with the wrong ID to try to score cheap political points.

And you buy into it. What a moron.

Why do you feel the need to lie all the time?

EXCEPTIONS TO THE VOTER ID REQUIREMENTS​

• Military and overseas voters who vote by absentee ballot under the federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) are exempt from ALL voter ID requirements.

So if you're stationed in the US, you have to leave the country to vote if you're military?

You're insane.

Political hack shows up with the wrong ID to try to score cheap political points.

And you buy into it. What a moron.
He had a state issued photo ID from a Texas university, and under Texas voter law, it wasn't good enough.

That's how insane the voter ID laws have become.

It's all about suppression, not protecting the vote.

• a driver's license,
  • passport,
  • a military ID

Arkansas also accepts a state issued photo ID...

Forms of accepted ID​

The following list of accepted ID was current as of October 2019. Click here for the Arkansas Secretary of State's page on accepted ID to ensure you have the most current information.

• Driver’s license
  • Photo identification card
  • Concealed handgun carry license
  • United States passport
  • Employee badge or identification document issued by an accredited postsecondary education institution in the State of Arkansas
  • United States military identification document
  • Public assistance identification card if it has a photograph
  • Voter verification card as provided under Ark. Code § 7-5-324

Provisional​

He had a state issued photo ID from a Texas university, and under Texas voter law, it wasn't good enough.

That's how insane the voter ID laws have become.

It's all about suppression, not protecting the vote.

A line has to be drawn somewhere, otherwise we could just accept YMCA or Costco cards. Use some common sense.

Which means she has to get a new copy of a birth certificate she hasn't needed for decades.
If you're incapable of doing these things then you're not a cognizant and functional person.

Help me care about the vote of somebody like that, because I don't.

A line has to be drawn somewhere, otherwise we could just accept YMCA or Costco cards. Use some common sense.
I'm not against photo ID. Look at what cowboyted posted about Arkansas. They can use a university ID in Arkansas, but you can't do that in Texas.

That proves it's about voter suppression, since each state guarantees the same level of voter integrity, but some states make it a lot easier, while others push ridiculous requirements.

If you're incapable of doing these things then you're not a cognizant and functional person.

Help me care about the vote of somebody like that, because I don't.
You forget, she also needs a copy of her marriage license in addition to her birth certificate.

Forum List

Back